News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Slavery. The Bible and Quran.

Started by Mousetrap, August 03, 2018, 07:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 07:59:36 AM
Get confused a lot, huh?  Tell me, what is the name of the messiah you follow?  Jemohamused?  What's next, Hindu?
GOD.

I believe the Hindu teachings in the Baghavad Gita and Upinishads also speaks of the Holy Spirit of GOD which is as a potentiality in each of us.

What is confusing about One Creator GOD?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Baruch on August 27, 2018, 08:00:36 AM
He apparently is a universalist/unitarian.  I minority view.
Of sorts, yes.

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 08:05:54 AM
GOD.

I believe the Hindu teachings in the Baghavad Gita and Upinishads also speaks of the Holy Spirit of GOD which is as a potentiality in each of us.

Must get awkward when the various faithful disagree to the point of murder when you believe in all their deities. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mousetrap

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 07:19:15 AM
Thank you.  I may put it in my cart there.  But I really do already have a lot of explanatory books by theists, so I don't know if I need another.  The reviews are quite mixed even among theists.  And I keep in mind the reviews that all seem to be about them being happy to read about a lapsed atheist.  Well, it happens...  Nothing says you can't get stupider with age.

But I do thank you for providing the link.
And it is so true.
I found that between Atheism, Christianity, Islam, all their apologists can be a bit tiresome.
I thought Jason Long with his Biblical nonsense was totally uninformed on what the Bible said.
So do I think Ken Ham on his Answers 1 and 2 definitely disregards scientific studies on the age of light, origins of the Universe and Sun etc. A real superficial composition forcing HIS Biblical interpretation onto the reader.
Maurice Buchaille again, was paid to glorify the Quran, discredit the Bible, and to scratch any thing out of his nose to make the Quran a miracle.

I read more than 2 000 books (which I acquired and display in my library) and found it very tiresome to go through most of them to find any intellectual substance.

Anyhow,
All Timothy Morgan did was to scrutinize Nietzsche, Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens.   

The only reason why I quoted him, is that he managed to find facts in summarizing their work.
I knew what he was talking about, because I also studied their publications, but it was just nice to have all this information in print form without me having to seek through my own notes.

You can get his work in PDF
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 07:55:19 AM
Well, while you weren't aiming that at me, I AM awake and bored.  So...

Christians and Moslems were both African slave traders.  Both of them thought their religious texts permitted and encouraged it for conversion purposes at first and just cheap labor afterwards.  Sort of "inferior people shall not be allowed to thrive when we can get some use from them".

Disgusting all around.
And this is true.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 08:11:51 AM
Must get awkward when the various faithful disagree to the point of murder when you believe in all their deities.
(shrugs shoulders)

If it is to the point of murder then the truth will be made apparent through such an action.

We are not taught to murder in any core sacred text I have ever read.

Mercy is the common denominator as is the motive for such, at very least.

Mousetrap

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 08:05:54 AM
GOD.

Ok, Now you got me on my hind legs!
Please refer to the verses of the Baghavad Gita and Upanishads so I can also find this information.

I never saw any such references when I summarized it.
Anyhow, Do you know that the Upanishad was originally less than 40 verses?
Do you know that the additions dates from about 800 Ad?
Whilst we are on the Gita, do you know there is also an Hindu Trinity?
You should because Muslim scholars such as Yusuf Ismail and Zakir Naik loves to say that the Christian Trinity derived from the Trimurti.
Do you know that the Trimurti dates from 850 AD.

All you are believing in is stuff Islam and Hinduism copied from Christianity.

Please show me where the Upanishads and Gita refers to the Holy spirit.

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 08:14:44 AM
(shrugs shoulders)

If it is to the point of murder then the truth will be made apparent through such an action.

All religious texts tell us what we humans already figured out.  Do not murder, steal, or overly covet.  The religious books just represent what people learned as they settled into larger groups.  The rest of the rules about sabbath days etc are from the shamans seeking to hold power.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 27, 2018, 08:22:25 AM
Please refer to the verses of the Baghavad Gita and Upanishads so I can also find this information.

You should because Muslim scholars such as Yusuf Ismail and Zakir Naik loves to say that the Christian Trinity derived from the Trimurti.

The Jewish beliefs came from Persia (they were never slaves in Egypt), the Persians got it from older Summaria, the Summarians got it from India.  Everything is copied from one stupid idiot who got the whole religious idea in pre-historic times.  Maybe after surviving some lion attack, LOL!  Or too much opium seeds...

Mousetrap

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 08:14:44 AM
(shrugs shoulders)

Sir,
I have spoken to enough Muslims in my life to know you are busy with Tiqiah (telling a lie to further the Quran, Muhammad and Islam).

No religion on earth, except Islam, believes in the Quran.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 27, 2018, 08:22:25 AM

The small quite voice.

The fire.

Did you really just say that Hinduism is actually a derivative of Christianity?

Yes I am aware there is a sort of trinity in some schools of Hinduism. It is my contention that those expressions still come from the One Creator GOD ultimately.

I do not have the copies of the books any more.

I can literally read through them and pinpoint reference to the Spirit of GOD and the selfless concience. If you like you can post some and I will.....perhaps I should redownload the Gita......it's been some time now.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 08:26:59 AM

All religious texts tell us what we humans already figured out.  Do not murder, steal, or overly covet.  The religious books just represent what people learned as they settled into larger groups.  The rest of the rules about sabbath days etc are from the shamans seeking to hold power.
How is it that you think one day of rest and reflection on GOD is not needed out of seven.

I've worked weeks on end. It is not good for you. I have gone weeks without reflecting on what is good and right in my own life due to being preoccupied. It is not good for you.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 08:31:31 AM
The Jewish beliefs came from Persia (they were never slaves in Egypt), the Persians got it from older Summaria, the Summarians got it from India.  Everything is copied from one stupid idiot who got the whole religious idea in pre-historic times.  Maybe after surviving some lion attack, LOL!  Or too much opium seeds...
And the Zend Avesta?

Trash I suppose to you?

You are right that man has had sense enough to believe in a Cause since before written history.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 27, 2018, 08:35:32 AM
Sir,
I have spoken to enough Muslims in my life to know you are busy with Tiqiah (telling a lie to further the Quran, Muhammad and Islam).

No religion on earth, except Islam, believes in the Quran.

Religion!?

Who said I was religious?

Your grand assumption is just that.

Who are you to claim that a believer must accept one and throw out the other?

Vanity much?

Mousetrap

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 08:31:31 AM
Never slaves in Egypt?
If you look at the dating by Kathleen Kenyon of Exodus in 1 200 BC (walls of Jericho), there was never an exodus.
However, The dates prescribed in the Bible is clearly, 1 459 Bc, then there is ample evidence.
follow Jericho back to 1 402 Bc, and the smallest detail about Jericho proves an invasion by Israel.

Look at the Bilaam inscriptions, the Hebrew mines inscriptions etc.
Modern archaeology attempts to deny any Biblical archaeology, however, never was there a single archaeological discovery that contradicted the Bible.
On the contrary, we can thank the Bible for historical discoveries in the middle east, and over the past 200 years, only the Biblical historical descriptions stood the test of time.