Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 27, 2018, 06:29:54 AM
Oh, but I did read that verses.
I also quoted it.
But lets see what this verse says,
If you hit your slave, and he dies!
You will be executed!

If he does not die, but recovers, but later dies, you are not guilty of murder.

I see you also conveniently forgot verses 26 onwards.
Now why on earth did you read and refer to only HALF A VERSE AND STOPPED SHORT OF ANY OTHER REFERENCES ON HOW TO TREAT A SLAVE?

If I were to do what you do, I will be called a liar!

Do you agree that you tried to mislead by your actions?

Detailed rules of cruelty, ordained by a claimed "loving deity", seems both idiotic and evil.  If I were religious, I would cease to be such.  Fortunately, I was free of all that nonsense many decades ago.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mousetrap

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 04:14:27 AM
Given the detailed arguments I have read in favor of theism (and laughing at the poor logic), I see no reason to read another.  They are all the same. 

Premise #1, there is a provable deity.  When there is none, I need go no further.
Oh, but what you dont know is that He was an Atheist!
Just think, he rejected theism after he studied theology, and became a minister.

However, when he investigated all the claims of atheism, such as you and your friends are doing here on this forum, he discovered that atheism is a delusion of logic!

I love this guy, go on and read what he says man, it wont hurt.
Perhaps you will be able to answer his questions.

Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 27, 2018, 06:40:15 AM
Oh, but what you dont know is that He was an Atheist!
Just think, he rejected theism after he studied theology, and became a minister.

However, when he investigated all the claims of atheism, such as you and your friends are doing here on this forum, he discovered that atheism is a delusion of logic!

I love this guy, go on and read what he says man, it wont hurt.
Perhaps you will be able to answer his questions.

WHO are you talking about?  With "He", I would assume you mean a deity, but you seem to mean a person you trust for guidance.  Care to say more about Him?

Mousetrap

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 06:34:37 AM
Detailed rules of cruelty, ordained by a claimed "loving deity", seems both idiotic and evil.  If I were religious, I would cease to be such.  Fortunately, I was free of all that nonsense many decades ago.
And why the spin on the fact that the Bible tells you not to hit a slave, for if he lose as little as a tooth, he is to be set free.
Remember that the master bought this person with a wage pre paid for 7 years, and he will not be compensated.

Now, I assume, and this is not in these verses, that some person in Israel went and hit a slave with a rod, and the person died, or he recovered, and this was a law needed to determine treatment of slaves.
This will absolutely make sense if one continues to read only 5 more verses, where it says that hurting a slave, and by hitting even a tooth, he is free.

Anyhow, while you are attempting to discredit the Bible on if a slave can be hit with a rod, and if he dies, you are guilty of murder,how many slave mongers in history do you know that were executed for murdering slaves.

Go into history back another 3 000 years, and see if you can find any examples outside of the Bible.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...

Mousetrap

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 06:44:19 AM
WHO are you talking about?  With "He", I would assume you mean a deity, but you seem to mean a person you trust for guidance.  Care to say more about Him?
I do apologize,
I typed capital letter,should be the writer you referred to.
Timothy Morgan.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 27, 2018, 06:49:38 AM
I do apologize,
I typed capital letter,should be the writer you referred to.
Timothy Morgan.

Looking up "Timothy Morgan" I find no person who applies to your discussion.  A little reference please?

Mousetrap

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 27, 2018, 07:12:30 AM
https://www.amazon.com/Thank-God-Atheists-Greatest-Skeptics/dp/0736966285

Thank you.  I may put it in my cart there.  But I really do already have a lot of explanatory books by theists, so I don't know if I need another.  The reviews are quite mixed even among theists.  And I keep in mind the reviews that all seem to be about them being happy to read about a lapsed atheist.  Well, it happens...  Nothing says you can't get stupider with age.

But I do thank you for providing the link. 

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 27, 2018, 06:22:14 AM
Good!
As long as you agree that "Trinitarians" practiced slavery in defiance to what the Bible said,
And Muslims practices slavery by instruction of the Quran.
Then we agree to the truth.
Nope. That isn't what I said at all.

Mercy doesn't equal slavery.

Loving  another as self doesn't equal slavery.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Mousetrap

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 07:43:26 AM
Nope. That isn't what I said at all.

Mercy doesn't equal slavery.

Loving  another as self doesn't equal slavery.

I think you are one of those Muslims pretending to be an atheist so you can attack the Bible and glorify the Quran.

Let me prov it.
Did Allah instruct Muhammad to capture slaves, or not?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 27, 2018, 07:48:04 AM
I think you are one of those Muslims pretending to be an atheist so you can attack the Bible and glorify the Quran.

Let me prov it.
I don't care what your opinion is about me friend.

I am an Islamic christian.

That is to say it is my will to submit to the will of our Lord/ Christ/ the Spirit.

I am no atheist. I was for a very long time though.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 27, 2018, 07:48:04 AM

Let me prov it.

Well, while you weren't aiming that at me, I AM awake and bored.  So...

Christians and Moslems were both African slave traders.  Both of them thought their religious texts permitted and encouraged it for conversion purposes at first and just cheap labor afterwards.  Sort of "inferior people shall not be allowed to thrive when we can get some use from them".

Disgusting all around.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 07:55:19 AM
Well, while you weren't aiming that at me, I AM awake and bored.  So...

Christians and Moslems were both African slave traders.  Both of them thought their religious texts permitted and encouraged it for conversion purposes at first and just cheap labor afterwards.  Sort of "inferior people shall not be allowed to thrive when we can get some use from them".

Disgusting all around.

Virtue signalling.  Funded by investments from New England and the City of London.  And Christian Brits and Americans stopped it.  So a ambiguous result in history.  It wasn't brave Stalinists who freed the slaves in the 19th century .. they invented a new kind of tyranny instead.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on August 27, 2018, 07:54:29 AM
I don't care what your opinion is about me friend.

I am an Islamic christian.

That is to say it is my will to submit to the will of our Lord/ Christ/ the Spirit.

I am no atheist. I was for a very long time though.

Get confused a lot, huh?  Tell me, what is the name of the messiah you follow?  Jemohamused?  What's next, Hindu?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 07:59:36 AM
Get confused a lot, huh?  Tell me, what is the name of the messiah you follow?  Jemohamused?  What's next, Hindu?

He apparently is a universalist/unitarian.  I minority view.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.