News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Feminism - Before & After

Started by pr126, June 07, 2018, 03:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Thank you, Karl Marx, and progressives.

Why is western culture so hellbent to self destruct?
Do you see other cultures doing the same?

Cultural revolution or (assisted) cultural suicide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_8hLQmfudM

Baruch

No, all part of liberation.  Liberation from tradition, liberation from expectations, liberation from ethics, liberation from morality, liberation from normalcy, liberation from gender, liberation from legality ... in a phrase, social nervous breakdown into psychosis.  See French Revolution.  And women aren't more prone to psychosis than men are.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

I see feminism as an issue with pros and cons and elements that can be intelligently discussed, but you guys (I'm talking about the tone of several recent threads, not anyone in particular) are embarrassing me by sounding like a bunch of women hating cranks that still haven't gotten over a bad relationship, or got dumped one too many times.  Feminism hasn't been a big debate since the 70s. It's seldom that I feel embarrassed by the behavior of others.  Hell, I'm not even embarrassed by the behavior of crazy right wing extremists, but are you guys actually serious about the perceived threats from feminism, or are you just trolling for triggers?  Or is this one of those things where a bunch of guys are out of earshot of their wives, and it becomes fashionable to make negative generalizations about women, because you're in a safe zone?

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 07, 2018, 08:25:15 AM
I see feminism as an issue with pros and cons and elements that can be intelligently discussed, but you guys (I'm talking about the tone of several recent threads, not anyone in particular) are embarrassing me by sounding like a bunch of women hating cranks that still haven't gotten over a bad relationship, or got dumped one too many times.  Feminism hasn't been a big debate since the 70s. It's seldom that I feel embarrassed by the behavior of others.  Hell, I'm not even embarrassed by the behavior of crazy right wing extremists, but are you guys actually serious about the perceived threats from feminism, or are you just trolling for triggers?  Or is this one of those things where a bunch of guys are out of earshot of their wives, and it becomes fashionable to make negative generalizations about women, because you're in a safe zone?

There is trolling on this issue, and on Islam.  In my case I am pro-woman in spite of long actual experience.  And pro-individual woman as well.  But there are larger issues at stake, social, cultural and political.  On the political end, it means that people will die if things are pushed too far.

That isn't to say I haven't had problems with men at work or outside of work ... but since there is no "male-ism" movement to attach political opportunism to, it isn't an issue.  I don't expect anyone to behave themselves against any standard at all.

Being progressive isn't pro-gay or pro-woman .. it is being a psycho French revolutionary.

Here is the problem with equality vs egality ...

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Egality means we accept that people are different, and with freedom, the outcome will be unequal, but fair.  Unfairness consists of preventing freedom.  And psychosis is ignoring that people are different.  Forced equality is Procrustean ... a mythological motel terrorist from ancient Greece.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

So you deny everything that is wrong with Feminism because it hurts your feelings to the point of calling men who oppose the negative crybaby Femanazi Bullshit that is wrecking our world? I think so. I think Baruch and pr are for equality just not hypocritical shit that is constantly shoved down peoples throats.

Also attacking someone elses lives with women is very childish.

Munch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 07, 2018, 07:12:42 PM

So you deny everything that is wrong with Feminism because it hurts your feelings to the point of calling men who oppose the negative crybaby Femanazi Bullshit that is wrecking our world? I think so. I think Baruch and pr are for equality just not hypocritical shit that is constantly shoved down peoples throats.

I know I am. The problem with equality is people forget what the term actually means, equal, as in balanced, on the same level. You try that with some people and their start forming the opinions of 'well my group have been oppressed for years so we should come out on top now!".
That isn't equality.

I'm also never going to say we should make exceptions for people that goes against a societal standard
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gilgamesh

Name an issue in particular, fucko.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on June 07, 2018, 03:04:24 AM
Thank you, Karl Marx, and progressives.

Why is western culture so hellbent to self destruct?
Do you see other cultures doing the same?

Cultural revolution or (assisted) cultural suicide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_8hLQmfudM

I have to say that, objectively, that 2nd picture is just plain ugly.  I don't mean that people can't decorate themselves as they want, but other people also get to decide how they think about it.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Women have had unhappy relationships with other women, it isn't just the experience of men.  But egality, not equality.  Fairness that isn't Marxist.  Even in the French motto, it is Egalite, not Equalite.  Synonym choice matters.  It that utopia?  No, it is not.  Marxists are the utopians.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

There is a cure for third wave feminism.

Their activism about the unbearable rape culture, toxic masculinity,  patriarchy, male privilege (white males only of course), women's rights, equality, pay-gap, institutionalized and systemic male oppression, misogyny, sexism, etc.

Here is the cure:

Spend a year in any of the 57 Islam dominated countries.
Or any central/Latin America countries.
Anywhere in Africa. Indonesia, Phillipines, India.
Or the Asian countries.

Then compare their experiences to western culture.

I wonder what feminist think now in Northern and Western Europe with all the multicultural enrichments that are part of the daily life for the foreseeable future.
They don't have to travel anywhere. It comes to them.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on June 08, 2018, 01:34:36 AM
There is a cure for third wave feminism.

Their activism about the unbearable rape culture, toxic masculinity,  patriarchy, male privilege (white males only of course), women's rights, equality, pay-gap, institutionalized and systemic male oppression, misogyny, sexism, etc.

Here is the cure:

Spend a year in any of the 57 Islam dominated countries.
Or any central/Latin America countries.
Anywhere in Africa. Indonesia, Phillipines, India.
Or the Asian countries.

Then compare their experiences to western culture.

I wonder what feminist think now in Northern and Western Europe with all the multicultural enrichments that are part of the daily life for the foreseeable future.
They don't have to travel anywhere. It comes to them.

So you are saying that being in a terrible society justifies slightly less-bad ones?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on June 08, 2018, 02:49:46 AM
So you are saying that being in a terrible society justifies slightly less-bad ones?
What I find interesting is that feminist completely ignoring how women are treated in the rest of the world.
Why is that? Why do they find the hijab liberating?

Do women in America have less rights than the men?

Shiranu

QuoteWhat I find interesting is that feminist completely ignoring how women are treated in the rest of the world.

We don't.

QuoteDo women in America have less rights than the men?

In many states, yes; either through legislation or through cultural norms.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Shiranu wrote:
QuoteWe don't.
When? How?
By putting on hijabs in solidarity and screaming Allahu Akbar?

https://youtu.be/sREyrKc7EiQ?t=615

So what are feminist doing about Muslim women whom can be beaten (Q4:34) raped, honor killed, subjected to FGM, have to be permanently covered up (beaten, arrested, imprisoned if they don't|), polygamy, abuse, prevented from education (Afghanistan) gender apartheid, treated as a house slave?
Anything? Nothing?
Well, they put on hijabs in solidarity. Isn't that enough?

QuoteIn many states, yes; either through legislation or through cultural norms.
Could you be more specific? What cultural norms?

What legislation?
Is it enacted upon at the present or just a useless law on paper dating back to hundreds of years?

SGOS

So you deny everything that is wrong with Feminism because it hurts your feelings to the point of calling men who oppose the negative crybaby Femanazi Bullshit that is wrecking our world?
If you read carefully, you will note that I never said that.  I said, "I see feminism as an issue with pros and cons and elements that can be intelligently discussed."  PROS and CONS.  This means I see negatives as well as positives.