News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Alex Jones

Started by Solomon Zorn, December 18, 2016, 08:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solomon Zorn

If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Atheon

Anyone who believes that nutcase is a hopelessly gullible fool.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Atheon on December 18, 2016, 08:33:13 AM
The problem is, there is no shortage of hopelessly gullible fools, or demagogues to take advantage of them.

Baruch

What do you mean by "we" Paleface?  Me Tonto, but you get arrow shirt ;-)

I would ban all D-party publication and speech ... as hate speech, fake news and incitement to felonious behavior.  That is what we would do if we are good Germans like Angela Merkel.  A woman, whose daughter was raped and murdered by a refugee, put his convicted face, taken from public sources, on her Facebook page.  That was deemed "hate speech" and Facebook banned her.  See ... anything you dislike, can be labeled "shouting fire in a theater".

Now I don't watch Alex Jones, don't defend him, anymore than I am an R-party, and I don't defend Donald Trump (which is what this is all about).  I am simply an opponent of rapists (Bill Clinton) and Stalinism (Hillary campaign).  But call that fake news if you want.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on December 18, 2016, 08:33:13 AM
...who believes that they're the height of skepticism (unlike us sheeple) because they reject the mainstream media.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Baruch on December 18, 2016, 09:14:43 AM
What do you mean by "we" Paleface?  Me Tonto, but you get arrow shirt ;-)
By "we," I mean we who are opposed to lies. Notice I said, "level," by the way. There is subtle bias, and there is gross propaganda. Alex Jones is the grossest of the gross.

Solomon Zorn

...I don't defend Donald Trump (which is what this is all about).
I would say it's about the republican propaganda machine, that owns most of the rural radio-stations, and poisons the minds of the majority of uneducated hicks, even in my neck of the woods.

chill98

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on December 18, 2016, 08:23:59 AM
This is the level of propaganda we are combating:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/alex-jones-hillary-clinton-has-personally-murdered-and-chopped-up-and-raped-children/

Define 'propaganda' for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgcd1ghag5Y

Who is 'we'?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-slave-special-report-idUSKCN10T137

Until a few weeks ago, I had watched/listened to Alex Jones less than 20 times over the past 10 years, mostly his interviews with Paulides, as I frequent Nat Parks/Forests and the topic interests me.   But Jones makes me laugh.  His rants are very entertaining.  I am sure, by spring, I will lose interest in him once again.

But he gets to post his opinions on his channel.  I really don't agree with censorship. 

I think, in the long run, this will fail for both youtube and facebook (their flagging).  They are publicly traded companies now and are beholden to their shareholders, many of whom will experience this censorship and be offended.

EDIT: Adding this link:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/10931/obama-left-blame-fake-news-democratic-losses-here-frank-camp

chill98

That is what we would do if we are good Germans like Angela Merkel.  A woman, whose daughter was raped and murdered by a refugee, put his convicted face, taken from public sources, on her Facebook page.  That was deemed "hate speech" and Facebook banned her.  See ... anything you dislike, can be labeled "shouting fire in a theater".

Truth as hate speech...
... and I don't defend Donald Trump (which is what this is all about).  I am simply an opponent of rapists (Bill Clinton) and Stalinism (Hillary campaign).  But call that fake news if you want.

All about Trump is correct.  Cannot face the fact that people just didn't like her.

Work holiday party yesterday, us girls were sitting together.  Out of the four of us (small company) I was the only one who voted.  One may have never voted before (only 25) but the other two are older and they didn't vote.   Both said "I couldn't vote for her, and I couldn't vote for Trump so I stayed home".

Interview the former Obama voters who went Trump or did not vote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU_y4z0dmaQ&feature=youtu.be

This 'fake news' bs is a direct attack on Free Speech.   Liberals should fear this more than anything as it is the new ideas which will be suppressed.  Long run it is the outside-of-the-box that will suffer. 

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on December 18, 2016, 10:12:31 AM
By "we," I mean we who are opposed to lies. Notice I said, "level," by the way. There is subtle bias, and there is gross propaganda. Alex Jones is the grossest of the gross.

I agree that he is gross, but I support his right to be gross.

D-party = Truth, R-party = False, I-party = FU both  Skeptic of conservatives or R-party just means you are a liberal and D-party tool.

Slippery slope ... ban Alex Jones .. but ban the other 1 million a-holes on the Internet ... which for most people, would include atheists.  This is atheists shooting selves in foot.

Maybe some folks hare are already on the take ... agents of DailyKos.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on December 18, 2016, 10:21:52 AM
I would say it's about the republican propaganda machine, that owns most of the rural radio-stations, and poisons the minds of the majority of uneducated hicks, even in my neck of the woods.

Typical urban D-party ubermensch.  Sorry, I don't live in a shack with no plumbing ... but if you want to try to put the red-necks in the railroad cars ... go ahead.

D-party could have chosen a likable person, and someone with a populist platform (not burn all gays etc at the stake ... that isn't populist!).  But the D-party has been a POS since Bill Clinton started triangulating in his first term.  Why do I hate Bill Clinton?  NAFTA ... not because he is a rapist.  I like rapists, but I don't like NAFTA.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

I like free trade. I like borders between countries being eliminated. I like NAFTA and the EU, and would like to see the entire planet become a United Confederation of Earth, with free movement between countries, one currency, and a strong constitutional democracy, but with each member state being allowed to keep its unique cultures and languages.

"Imagine there's no countries. It isn't hard to do. Nothing to kill or die for. And no religion, too." - John Lennon
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on December 19, 2016, 12:28:01 AM
I like free trade. I like borders between countries being eliminated. I like NAFTA and the EU, and would like to see the entire planet become a United Confederation of Earth, with free movement between countries, one currency, and a strong constitutional democracy, but with each member state being allowed to keep its unique cultures and languages.

"Imagine there's no countries. It isn't hard to do. Nothing to kill or die for. And no religion, too." - John Lennon
Me too.  Then come the brownshirt nationalists raving about some totalitarian new world order and vowing to stop our Illuminati agenda by ballot or bullet.  So nothing happens.  Thanks guys.

AllPurposeAtheist

Defend Jones? That's never going to happen from me under any circumstances. I enjoy free speech too, but I cannot defend it to the point where it completely undermines what most of the people believe to be a democracy. When so called free speech insights people to commit heinous acts it's no longer free, it's propaganda and we now have a system hiding behind free speech to sell every one of us out, but we'll keep playing along until this so called free speech is revoked and it'll only be an arcane idea we once thought we had.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

If you like John Lennon, or like the UN, or want there to be no national governments ... that is its own thread(s).  Some people like Karl Marx or Pewee Hermann.  Obviously the "cosmopolitans" who have been around for over 2000 years ... will like the EU (too bad it is falling apart).  Usually the "one world" dream is attempted by megalomaniacs who build bloodthirsty empires (Asoka, Shi Huang Di, Cyrus, Alexander).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.