News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Alex Jones

Started by Solomon Zorn, December 18, 2016, 08:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on December 18, 2016, 10:12:31 AM
By "we," I mean we who are opposed to lies. Notice I said, "level," by the way. There is subtle bias, and there is gross propaganda. Alex Jones is the grossest of the gross.

The US is a rebelling British colony ... it isn't an independent nation at all ... so which "lies" are you referring to?  The Republicans and Democrats aren't even bipartisan on 2+2=4 ... for one party it equals 3 (austerity), for the other party it equals 5 (profligacy).  So did JFK win the 1960 election or not?  Is it or is it not true, that the D-party stole it fair and square?

OK, so free speech is OK, as long as it is only among PhD Political Science professors not the hoi polloi.  Also propaganda is OK, as long as it is D-party propaganda ... or do the D-party members have special Platonic organs, that allow them to own the truth?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 19, 2016, 12:34:08 AM
Me too.  Then comes the brownshirt nationalists raving about some totalitarian new world order and vowing to stop our Illuminati agenda by ballot or bullet.  So nothing happens.  Thanks guys.

So you are a Menshevik/Trotsky-ite then.  Stalin and Hitler were too narrow in their ambitions.  It was George HW who proclaimed the NWO, not Alex Jones.  I like Trotsky ... he was Jewish and knew before anyone, what Hitler was all about.  He understood Stalin all to well.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on December 19, 2016, 07:07:01 AMSo you are a Menshevik/Trotsky-ite then.
You caught me.  Clearly, one would have to be some sort of Marxist to advocate for a postnationalist political order.  All that stuff about maintaining a strong constitutional democracy was bullshit, Atheon and I want straight up communism.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Baruch on December 19, 2016, 07:03:03 AM
Some irrelevant BS...Also propaganda is OK, as long as it is D-party propaganda ... or do the D-party members have special Platonic organs, that allow them to own the truth?
Show me some Democratic propaganda, that is on the same level as Alex Jones.

No.

There is a difference between some ideological spin, and malicious slander.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 19, 2016, 08:11:18 AM
You caught me.  Clearly, one would have to be some sort of Marxist to advocate for a postnationalist political order.  All that stuff about maintaining a strong constitutional democracy was bullshit, Atheon and I want straight up communism.

If you want straight up UN ... not a bad idea mind you ... then you are a minority in the Chinese/Indian empire.  Would you like some curry on your ramen noodle?

The only person out there, who is like Alex Jones, is Alex Jones.  What I don't care for is the smear that anyone who voted for someone other than Hillary, is an Alex Jones supporter.  I didn't, and I am not.

I am not saying that differences of opinion on policy are fake news ... it is OK to have differences on policy.  Should we go to war with Russia or not?  I know where I stand on that one.  What should we do about Native American rights and that pipeline route?  Don't know where I stand.  But if someone says that the oil/gas companies really care about Native American rights ... then I think we are looking at cow patties.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteWhat should we do about Native American rights and that pipeline route?  Don't know where I stand.

I'm sorry, but this is like saying, "I don't know where I stand on slavery. It's a complicated issue."

No, no it's really not.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on December 19, 2016, 07:03:20 PM
If you want straight up UN ... not a bad idea mind you ... then you are a minority in the Chinese/Indian empire.  Would you like some curry on your ramen noodle?

The only person out there, who is like Alex Jones, is Alex Jones.  What I don't care for is the smear that anyone who voted for someone other than Hillary, is an Alex Jones supporter.  I didn't, and I am not.

I am not saying that differences of opinion on policy are fake news ... it is OK to have differences on policy.  Should we go to war with Russia or not?  I know where I stand on that one.  What should we do about Native American rights and that pipeline route?  Don't know where I stand.  But if someone says that the oil/gas companies really care about Native American rights ... then I think we are looking at cow patties.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8rSHiCgjPM

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Baruch on December 19, 2016, 07:03:20 PMThe only person out there, who is like Alex Jones, is Alex Jones.
Not true. There are many more where he came from. Just peruse RightWingWatch for a few minutes, and you will be entertained, to say the least.

Quote from: BaruchWhat I don't care for is the smear that anyone who voted for someone other than Hillary, is an Alex Jones supporter.  I didn't, and I am not.
I, for one, never implied anything of the sort. Nor did I imply that I favor censorship, as you seemed to accuse me of, in an earlier post. But just because it's difficult to draw a line between slander and free speech, doesn't mean that it shouldn't be done. And Facebook, etc., are privately owned formats, who can set whatever rules they like. If they are finding there is  line to be drawn, then more power to them. Welcome to the complexities of the human condition. There are no absolutes. Even our most precious law - the first amendment - needs exceptions, when it comes to blatant lies. Slander should not be protected.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Then call for a ban of all government communications ... if you don't like slander and lies .. but Congress is excepted ... just like they are from every other law.

Thomas Jefferson used fake news, and Alexander Hamilton used slander ...
http://www.theperspective.org/articles/0907200603.html
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

The powers that be need those like this Jones guy (if that really is his name...) because everyone knows he spews bullshit - so when he spews stuff like "9/11 was an inside job" (or other stuff they want us to completely discount) no one will take it seriously. He performs a much-needed service for the Deep State.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

The Skeletal Atheist

It's gonna be interested watching him defend the federal gubmit for 4 years, unless he instantly turns his back on Trump.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Baruch

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on December 20, 2016, 05:41:48 PM
It's gonna be interested watching him defend the federal gubmit for 4 years, unless he instantly turns his back on Trump.

Alex Jones is a 9/11 Truther moderate.  In what way does that make him Republican?  Yes, anyone who doesn't criticize Trump ... is a Republican?  As best I can tell, Alex Jones is a controversialist.  Alex Jones recently appeared on Max Keiser, who is aired on RT (Russian TV) ... does that make him a Putin loving communist too?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Baruch on December 20, 2016, 06:13:18 PM
Alex Jones is a 9/11 Truther moderate.  In what way does that make him Republican?  Yes, anyone who doesn't criticize Trump ... is a Republican?  As best I can tell, Alex Jones is a controversialist.  Alex Jones recently appeared on Max Keiser, who is aired on RT (Russian TV) ... does that make him a Putin loving communist too?
Dude practically sucked off trump the entire election.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Baruch

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on December 20, 2016, 06:15:15 PM
Dude practically sucked off trump the entire election.

So what FEMA camp are you advocating to deal with this?  Is everyone who "liked" Trump to be liquidated?  I didn't, so I guess I am safe from Soylent Kosher.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.