Trump Has Bachmann And Falwell for Advisors- Dumb And Dumber III

Started by stromboli, June 22, 2016, 08:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-evangelical-advisory-board-224612

QuoteFormer Republican presidential candidate and Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann leads an alphabetical list of names announced by Donald Trump's campaign on Tuesday as the presumptive Republican nominee's evangelical executive advisory board.
Along with Bachmann, the campaign announced the additions radio host and Focus on the Family founder James Dobson, Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr, Faith and Freedom Coalition founder Ralph Reed, among more than two dozen names.

“I have such tremendous respect and admiration for this group and I look forward to continuing to talk about the issues important to Evangelicals, and all Americans, and the common sense solutions I will implement when I am President," Trump said in a statement.

Bachmann is the only member of Congress, past or present, named to the board.
According to the statement, the board will "convene on a regular basis," with some of them responsible for organizing Trump's meeting with Christian leaders Tuesday in New York City.
Certain names on the list, like Dobson and Richard Land, the president of the Southern Evangelical Seminary, have made public their criticisms of Trump.

Ahead of the South Carolina primary in February, Dobson recorded a robocall boosting Texas Sen. Ted Cruz as the only viable candidate to beat Trump. In a post on CharismaNews.com published March 3, Land acknowledged populist anger but wrote, "it must be said, before it is too late, that whatever the problems may be, Donald Trump is not the answer. I fear that the millions of Americans who are putting their trust in Mr. Trump will be bitterly disillusioned if he were to obtain the nation's highest office."

Members of the board were not asked to endorse Trump to participate, the campaign said, but rather the list represents "Donald J. Trump’s endorsement of those diverse issues important to Evangelicals and other Christians, and his desire to have access to the wise counsel of such leaders as needed."
The full list of board members, as shared by the campaign:
· Michele Bachmann - Former Congresswoman
· A.R. Bernard - Senior Pastor and CEO, Christian Cultural Center
· Mark Burns - Pastor, Harvest Praise and Worship Center
· Tim Clinton - President, American Association of Christian Counselors
· Kenneth and Gloria Copeland - Founders, Kenneth Copeland Ministries
· James Dobson - Author, Psychologist and Host, My Family Talk
· Jerry Falwell, Jr. - President, Liberty University
· Ronnie Floyd - Senior Pastor, Cross Church
· Jentezen Franklin - Senior Pastor, Free Chapel
· Jack Graham - Senior Pastor, Prestonwood Baptist Church
· Harry Jackson - Senior Pastor, Hope Christian Church
· Robert Jeffress - Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church of Dallas
· David Jeremiah - Senior Pastor, Shadow Mountain Community Church
· Richard Land â€" President, Southern Evangelical Seminary
· James MacDonald â€" Founder and Senior Pastor, Harvest Bible Chapel
· Johnnie Moore - Author, President of The KAIROS Company
· Robert Morris - Senior Pastor, Gateway Church
· Tom Mullins â€" Senior Pastor, Christ Fellowship­
· Ralph Reed - Founder, Faith and Freedom Coalition
· James Robison - Founder, Life OUTREACH International
· Tony Suarez - Executive Vice President, National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
· Jay Strack - President, Student Leadership University
· Paula White - Senior Pastor, New Destiny Christian Center
· Tom Winters - Attorney, Winters and King, Inc.
· Sealy Yates â€" Attorney, Yates and Yates

I love this. People that denounced him on an advisory board. Trump is dumping gasoline on the Republican Party and running around with lit candles.

Back in the old days of wooden sailing vessels, you had a guy like this on board he would be considered a bad luck pariah. He would be taken topside at midnight, had rocks stuffed in his pockets and tossed over the side. Ah the good old days......

AllPurposeAtheist

Let us pray that Bachmann has the long form birth certificate in her purse..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 22, 2016, 10:00:43 AM
Let us pray that Bachmann has the long form birth certificate in her purse..

It is a fact that Bachmann has both tampons and pages from the bible in her purse. they can be used interchangeably.

drunkenshoe

Quote...to talk about the issues important to Evangelicals, and all Americans, and the common sense solutions...

At least he unconsciously gets that these are very different things. :p
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

widdershins

It must suck for Republicans to have to make due with the women they have.  On the one side you have the thick-as-brick Bachmann types, on the other you have made-of-bitch Coulter, the only intelligent Republican woman I know of.  There is literally nothing in between thick-as-brick and made-of-bitch.  But hey, they're all at least somewhat attractive and that's really how you measure the worth of a woman in the Republican party, where you miss the good old days when they were property.
This sentence is a lie...

stromboli

Quote from: widdershins on June 22, 2016, 11:35:07 AM
It must suck for Republicans to have to make due with the women they have.  On the one side you have the thick-as-brick Bachmann types, on the other you have made-of-bitch Coulter, the only intelligent Republican woman I know of.  There is literally nothing in between thick-as-brick and made-of-bitch.  But hey, they're all at least somewhat attractive and that's really how you measure the worth of a woman in the Republican party, where you miss the good old days when they were property.

I blame Sarah Palin on her dad. Never sat her down as a young girl and explained the difference between pretty and intelligent.

widdershins

Quote from: stromboli on June 22, 2016, 11:44:09 AM
I blame Sarah Palin on her dad. Never sat her down as a young girl and explained the difference between pretty and intelligent.
I think the entire Republican party is confused about that, but even more so about the difference between "liberal" and "stupid".
This sentence is a lie...

Flanker1Six

Just in case Mr. Trump does win; I'd like to formally disavow all the previous (and any to follow) hate speech directed at him and the wonderful GOP!   

Nothing personal!  I'm ratting all of you!   :what:

Just in case that cult referral Stomboli gave me doesn't work out.  :)

chill98

Baruch

Quote from: widdershins on June 22, 2016, 11:35:07 AM

Barbara Bush, daughter of Shrub, has come out in favor of Planned Parenthood ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

stromboli

Quote from: chill98 on June 22, 2016, 07:38:10 PM
His is the strangest campaign I've seen. 

Yes, we were expecting something more orderly from a narcissistic egotistical habitual liar.

Baruch

Quote from: stromboli on June 22, 2016, 11:42:36 PM
Yes, we were expecting something more orderly from a narcissistic egotistical habitual liar.

Perfect political material ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Remember John McCain?  He's the one that started all that "maverick" bullshit.  Then he got Sara Palin, and she started advertising herself as a maverick too.  Two mavericks on the ticket.  Whoohoo!  But McCain wasn't really much of a maverick, and Palin was just nutso.  But now everyone thinks being a maverick is a good thing.  Oddly, Trump doesn't brag about it, but as a maverick, he makes McCain look like a cheap suit. 

stromboli

If Trump has a skill it is reading his audience. He panders to the religious right because he recognizes they are gullible to start with. He panders to everyone that comes under his banner. Problem now is that he is under scrutiny and it is too easy to pick apart what he is saying, and every time he makes a controversial statement he either has to stand behind it no matter what or somehow walk it back. And the second he walks it back he loses some portion of those he pandered to.

And that he won't release his tax information doesn't bode well, based on some insider info that the reality of his financial world is much different than what he claims. He should by his claim have a pretty good war chest, but it doesn't look like it. And the fact that the Kochs and others aren't throwing money at him also says a lot. You can bury corpses in the back yard, but eventually the stink gets noticed.

Baruch

It is hard being a demagogue ... just ask Alcibiades or Cicero ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.