Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

People Person?

Started by gentle_dissident, May 28, 2016, 01:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

"I gotta buy a 6-pack of zima" lmao

Hydra009

Quote from: gentle_dissident on May 28, 2016, 03:59:13 PMAnd then ironically congregate on the internet.
It's social interaction without obligation, that dreaded crowded feeling, and paced so that one can reflect before speaking and speak without being interrupted.  It's an introvert's paradise.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 28, 2016, 05:49:34 PM
It's social interaction without obligation, that dreaded crowded feeling, and paced so that one can reflect before speaking and speak without being interrupted.  It's an introvert's paradise.
I'm just here for the people. Have you tried it? Ask for extra butter.

marom1963

OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Hydra009

Quote from: gentle_dissident on May 28, 2016, 05:59:01 PM
I'm just here for the people. Have you tried it? Ask for extra butter.
I'm here to see which way the wind is blowing in the atheist community, bounce ideas off of ya, take in info that you guys come across, rant so I don't blow a gasket, and to shoot the breeze.  Also, informal psychological research.  A few subjects are quite promising.

Cake will be available at the conclusion of the test.  Chocolate.  Golden rectangle.  4E2E28.  2.5kg.  Party hats are optional.

SGOS

I'm putting everybody on ignore.

Mike Cl

I like people---as long as they stay the fuck out of my way--and out of my face.  Really--I like my three dogs better .
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

gentle_dissident

It's odd that all these sensitive and intelligent people, AKA leaders, resist  people.

marom1963

Quote from: gentle_dissident on May 29, 2016, 03:25:39 PM
It's odd that all these sensitive and intelligent people, AKA leaders, resist  people.
Didn't you know - leaders usually hate the people whom they lead?
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

gentle_dissident

Quote from: marom1963 on May 29, 2016, 03:29:56 PM
Didn't you know - leaders usually hate the people whom they lead?
That's apparent, but we're above that.

Hydra009

Quote from: gentle_dissident on May 29, 2016, 03:25:39 PM
Good leaders typically aren't eager to become leaders.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 29, 2016, 03:54:23 PM
Good leaders typically aren't eager to become leaders.
You don't have to be a leader. You just have to lead. No one will ever know.

Hydra009

But that requires going out, interacting with people, and dealing with uncertainty of both people and life.  What if something goes wrong?  What if Jack creates an incident?  That Jack, always causing problems.  It'd be horrible.  Positively horrible.  Also, what if there's a vacuum metastability event?  The end of the universe would absolutely wreck my foray into a leadership position and pose a serious inconvenience to my team.  I don't want that to happen under my watch.  Someone's got to do something about that first.  Maybe if I just...no, no that won't work...how about slightly altering fundamental interactions...no....slow roll inflation?  That might just work.  But constructing the device, well, that'd require a highly talented team.  And a highly talented team needs a highly talented leader... :sad2:

I dunno about this whole leadership thing.  It just involves too much physics.

aitm

I have often said that people who claim to be a "people person" , simply haven't met enough people.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Johan

My company recently sent me to a 12-week Dale Carnegie course. I just finished the last session two weeks ago. I have to say it was eye-opening and very much worth while from a career ladder stand point. I am still very much a miserable SOB introvert and very jaded and very cynical just like I was when I started. But the course gave me very good tools which enable me to very effectively fake being a lovable extrovert when necessary and/or effectively coerce/manipulate/force people not just to do things they don't want to do, but actually willingly want to do things they don't want to do without hating me. Even though I didn't have to pay for it, I have to say it was money well spent. And although it really bugs me to be such a kool-aid drinker, I kind of recommend it for just about everyone who has to work for a living.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful