One Question, One Response (aka - Stump the Apologist)

Started by Randy Carson, May 14, 2016, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marom1963

Quote from: Baruch on May 26, 2016, 10:42:43 PM
Tell that to Pharaoh Akenaten, you non-Aten worshipping heretic ;-)
Did you ever see the "Swords and Sandals" epic "The Egyptian?"
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Blackleaf

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 26, 2016, 06:16:43 PM
If it meant little faith was enough, then it wouldn't say so little Faith is the reason they couldn't heal the man's son.

The reference to a mustard seed is made often in scripture. It is never used solely as a reference for a finite amount. If it referred to the weight of a grain of a mustard seed then yes.

Matthew 13 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
31: Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

Matthew 13 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
32: Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Mark 4 (KJV) - ማርቆስ
31: It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:
32: But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.

I'm not a contortionist.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Fine then. How does your faith stack up to the faith of the mustard seed? Is your faith pathetically small? Given your responses here, it could go either way. Either you are here because arguing with people who disagree with you validates your faith, or your faith has such a solid grip on you that you are unable to grasp concepts that run contrary to your beliefs. Maybe both.

Is your faith growing like a mustard seed, becoming a tree with wide branches? Or is it dying? After all, if something is not growing, it has to be dying.

If your faith is small and dying, then see you again when you've lost it. If it's big and growing, then where are the miracles? Where are your moving mountains?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

21CIconoclast

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 26, 2016, 06:18:28 PM
Are you now conflating Yah with Christ?

pops,

Let me try and make it simpler for you, okay?  Lets cut to the chase and you pick which BCE god in the list below you supplicate too, okay? Then we'll go from there, agreed?

Pick your god out of this list and if I left one out, please tell me:

Azura Mazda, Angus, Belenos, Brigid, Dana, Lugh, Dagda, Epona, Allah Aphrodite, Apollo, Ares, Artemis, Atehna, Demeter, Dionysus, Eris, Eos, Gaia, Hades, Hekate, Helios, Hephaestus, Hera, Hermes, Hestia, Pan, Poseidon, Selene, Uranus, Zeus, Mathilde, Elves, Eostre, Frigg, Ganesh, Hretha, Saxnot, Shef, Shiva Thuno, Tir, Vishnu, Weyland, Woden, Yahweh, Alfar, Balder, Beyla, Bil, Bragi, Byggvir, Dagr, Disir, Eir, Forseti, Freya, Freyr, Frigga, Heimdall, Hel, Hoenir, Idunn, Jord, Lofn, Loki, Mon, Njord, Norns, Nott, Odin, Ran, Saga, Sif, Siofn, Skadi, Snotra, Sol, Syn, Ull, Thor, Tyr, Var, Vali, Vidar, Vor, Herne, Holda, Nehalennia, Nerthus, Endovelicus, Ataegina, Runesocesius, Apollo, Bacchus, Ceres, Cupid, Diana, Jesus, Janus, Juno, Jupiter, Maia, Mars, Mercury, Minerva, Neptune, Pluto, Plutus, Proserpina, Venus, Vesta, Vulcan, Attis, Cybele, El-Gabal, Isis, Mithras, Sol Invictus, Endovelicus, Anubis, Aten, Atum, Bast, Bes, Geb, Hapi, Hathor, Heget, Horus, Imhotep, Isis, Khepry, Khnum, Maahes, Ma’at, Menhit, Mont, Naunet, Neith, Nephthys, Nut, Osiris, Ptah, Ra, Sekhmnet, Sobek, Set, Tefnut, Thoth, An, Anshar, Anu, Apsu, Ashur, Damkina, Ea, Enki, Enlil, Ereshkigal, Nunurta, Hadad, Inanna, Ishtar, Kingu, Kishar, Marduk, Mummu, Nabu, Nammu, Nanna, Nergal, Ninhursag, Ninlil, Nintu, Shamash, Sin, Tiamat, Utu, Mitra, Amaterasu, Susanoo, Tsukiyomi, Inari, Tengu, Izanami, Izanagi, Daikoku, Ebisu, Benzaiten, Bishamonten, Fukurokuju, Jurojin, Hotei, Quetzalcoatl, Tlaloc, Inti, Kon, Mama Cocha, Mama Quilla, Manco Capac, Pachacamac and Zaramama.

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

Johan

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 26, 2016, 11:18:21 AM
I wouldn't take mountain to be literal though. More as an insurmountable obstacle.
Ok so let's see.

Moving mountains = metaphor
Marrying the virgin you rape = metaphor
All the shit about how to treat your slaves = metaphor
Don't be gay = literal

Got it.
:signgoodjob:
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 27, 2016, 12:41:56 AM
Fine then. How does your faith stack up to the faith of the mustard seed? Is your faith pathetically small? Given your responses here, it could go either way. Either you are here because arguing with people who disagree with you validates your faith, or your faith has such a solid grip on you that you are unable to grasp concepts that run contrary to your beliefs. Maybe both.

Is your faith growing like a mustard seed, becoming a tree with wide branches? Or is it dying? After all, if something is not growing, it has to be dying.

If your faith is small and dying, then see you again when you've lost it. If it's big and growing, then where are the miracles? Where are your moving mountains?
It's growing. Slowly, and not without trials. But I am thankful for all of it. Talking with others doesn't weaken it.

Peace

popsthebuilder

Quote from: 21CIconoclast on May 27, 2016, 12:56:31 AM

pops,

Let me try and make it simpler for you, okay?  Lets cut to the chase and you pick which BCE god in the list below you supplicate too, okay? Then we'll go from there, agreed?

Pick your god out of this list and if I left one out, please tell me:

Azura Mazda, Angus, Belenos, Brigid, Dana, Lugh, Dagda, Epona, Allah Aphrodite, Apollo, Ares, Artemis, Atehna, Demeter, Dionysus, Eris, Eos, Gaia, Hades, Hekate, Helios, Hephaestus, Hera, Hermes, Hestia, Pan, Poseidon, Selene, Uranus, Zeus, Mathilde, Elves, Eostre, Frigg, Ganesh, Hretha, Saxnot, Shef, Shiva Thuno, Tir, Vishnu, Weyland, Woden, Yahweh, Alfar, Balder, Beyla, Bil, Bragi, Byggvir, Dagr, Disir, Eir, Forseti, Freya, Freyr, Frigga, Heimdall, Hel, Hoenir, Idunn, Jord, Lofn, Loki, Mon, Njord, Norns, Nott, Odin, Ran, Saga, Sif, Siofn, Skadi, Snotra, Sol, Syn, Ull, Thor, Tyr, Var, Vali, Vidar, Vor, Herne, Holda, Nehalennia, Nerthus, Endovelicus, Ataegina, Runesocesius, Apollo, Bacchus, Ceres, Cupid, Diana, Jesus, Janus, Juno, Jupiter, Maia, Mars, Mercury, Minerva, Neptune, Pluto, Plutus, Proserpina, Venus, Vesta, Vulcan, Attis, Cybele, El-Gabal, Isis, Mithras, Sol Invictus, Endovelicus, Anubis, Aten, Atum, Bast, Bes, Geb, Hapi, Hathor, Heget, Horus, Imhotep, Isis, Khepry, Khnum, Maahes, Ma’at, Menhit, Mont, Naunet, Neith, Nephthys, Nut, Osiris, Ptah, Ra, Sekhmnet, Sobek, Set, Tefnut, Thoth, An, Anshar, Anu, Apsu, Ashur, Damkina, Ea, Enki, Enlil, Ereshkigal, Nunurta, Hadad, Inanna, Ishtar, Kingu, Kishar, Marduk, Mummu, Nabu, Nammu, Nanna, Nergal, Ninhursag, Ninlil, Nintu, Shamash, Sin, Tiamat, Utu, Mitra, Amaterasu, Susanoo, Tsukiyomi, Inari, Tengu, Izanami, Izanagi, Daikoku, Ebisu, Benzaiten, Bishamonten, Fukurokuju, Jurojin, Hotei, Quetzalcoatl, Tlaloc, Inti, Kon, Mama Cocha, Mama Quilla, Manco Capac, Pachacamac and Zaramama.
I already told you; I do not subscribe to the belief that there is a singular name for the One Creator GOD.

Indeed there are many acceptable terms and what one chooses to refer to GOD as is up to them, as It is also their prerogative of they so choose to praise other gods as long as they understand all are subsidiary to the One Creator GOD.

Peace

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Johan on May 27, 2016, 06:41:08 AM
Ok so let's see.

Moving mountains = metaphor
Marrying the virgin you rape = metaphor
All the shit about how to treat your slaves = metaphor
Don't be gay = literal

Got it.
:signgoodjob:
Lol

By the way, rape of a betrothed woman was punishable by death. Consensual unlawful sex between two that weren't previously set to be wed was punishable by payment to the woman's father and marriage to the woman as the virgin was thought of as the fathers possession and being not a virgin brought the value of that property to nothing. They were also made to pay because of the dishonor it brought.

I do not agree with these terms. Just explaining them.

Baruch

Henotheism doesn't equal monotheism.  In Henotheism they worship female chickens, in Monotheism they worship a particular virus ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 27, 2016, 06:47:30 AM
It's growing. Slowly, and not without trials. But I am thankful for all of it. Talking with others doesn't weaken it.

Peace

Can you perform miracles?
--Fulke Greville--

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 27, 2016, 09:26:01 AM
Can you perform miracles?
Never tried. Not so vain.

If I was ever without fault, then, maybe, I could but hope, but to even contemplate such at this point in my knowing internal misdirection is utter vanity.

I ask that we change the subject.

Peace

Blackleaf

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 27, 2016, 10:06:03 AM
Never tried. Not so vain.

If I was ever without fault, then, maybe, I could but hope, but to even contemplate such at this point in my knowing internal misdirection is utter vanity.

I ask that we change the subject.

Peace

Oh ye of little faith.

Acts 2:17-18
"In the last days, God says,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your young men will see visions,
    your old men will dream dreams.
Even on my servants, both men and women,
    I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
    and they will prophesy."

Are we not living in the last days? Where are all of these miracles that God promised? Didn't he pour out his spirit on the day of Pentecost, and haven't believers had access to the Holy Spirit and his power ever since? These lack of miracles point to these simple truths: There is no god, there is no spirit, there are no miracles, and the Bible is false.
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Pops--it seems you think I avoided a question.  What one was that???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 27, 2016, 10:26:03 AM
Oh ye of little faith.

Acts 2:17-18
"In the last days, God says,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your young men will see visions,
    your old men will dream dreams.
Even on my servants, both men and women,
    I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
    and they will prophesy."

Are we not living in the last days? Where are all of these miracles that God promised? Didn't he pour out his spirit on the day of Pentecost, and haven't believers had access to the Holy Spirit and his power ever since? These lack of miracles point to these simple truths: There is no god, there is no spirit, there are no miracles, and the Bible is false.
Never said those things don't happen. Only stated that to act as if I made them happen, or to speak of them in my current erroneous state is wrong.

Speaking of partial truths due to lack of utter direction is, to me, equal to speaking falsely.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 27, 2016, 10:45:50 AM
Pops--it seems you think I avoided a question.  What one was that???