One Question, One Response (aka - Stump the Apologist)

Started by Randy Carson, May 14, 2016, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 24, 2016, 08:42:44 PM
So you think that one who doesn't love themself is incapable of showing love? That is an interesting concept.

Well if that is the case then how is it that I have loved in the past, and still exude love towards others to this day?

Thank you for attempting to explain. I look forward to your reply.

Humbly, peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

I suppose we're supposed to believe that you have no love for yourself, then?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 24, 2016, 08:42:44 PM
So you think that one who doesn't love themself is incapable of showing love? That is an interesting concept.

Well if that is the case then how is it that I have loved in the past, and still exude love towards others to this day?

Thank you for attempting to explain. I look forward to your reply.

Humbly, peace

Yeah--that's my hypothesis--love yourself, better able to love others. 
I don't know you, pops and have no idea how you act.  All I have is your word.  You must have some amount of self love--you are here posting and not dead.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 24, 2016, 10:42:37 AM
Although I could defend the OT,
You haven't defended shit except in your own mind. IF the OT is bullshit the NT is and both are bullshit.

QuoteWhat SPECIFICALLY has been proven wrong in the NT,
you've already been given two dozen at least and all you do is dodge and ignore. Jesus promised the OT was infallible, you argued he didn't say that…dodge. Jesus said he would be back within one generation, another lie, you claim it a misinterpretation, more bullshit.  All you do is dodge what they believed 900 years ago to be the absolute truth but because now we have science, you dodge.

QuoteWe accept the Bible. You are the one who simply refuses to accept it.
no we willingly admit you're stupid.

QuoteChristians come here because they want to...you come here because you NEED to have your false worldview reinforced.
awww, look at you stealing the original idea,, how completely typical

QuoteConversely, you can't find "authorities" and "experts" who agree with you

I don't need them, I have never read any atheist book. I read the babble, it is bullshit, provable 100%. While you continue to quote dozens. I have never quoted anyone, don't need to. The babble is all the proof I need. OF course I have a lot more, but the babble is proven bullshit. Complete utter bullshit. Proven. Without a doubt. 100%. No argument from anyone with common sense and logic. Complete bullshit. You need help with your insecurities, I have none. Point match game..boy.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

popsthebuilder

Quote from: aitm on May 24, 2016, 10:10:54 PM
You haven't defended shit except in your own mind. IF the OT is bullshit the NT is and both are bullshit.
you've already been given two dozen at least and all you do is dodge and ignore. Jesus promised the OT was infallible, you argued he didn't say that…dodge. Jesus said he would be back within one generation, another lie, you claim it a misinterpretation, more bullshit.  All you do is dodge what they believed 900 years ago to be the absolute truth but because now we have science, you dodge.

no we willingly admit you're stupid.
awww, look at you stealing the original idea,, how completely typical

I don't need them, I have never read any atheist book. I read the babble, it is bullshit, provable 100%. While you continue to quote dozens. I have never quoted anyone, don't need to. The babble is all the proof I need. OF course I have a lot more, but the babble is proven bullshit. Complete utter bullshit. Proven. Without a doubt. 100%. No argument from anyone with common sense and logic. Complete bullshit. You need help with your insecurities, I have none. Point match game..boy.
The Christ didn't say the ot was infallible.

And generation could be seen in different ways. I'll give you that one.

That's 2, not two dozen.

You repeating yourself in a rant doesn't make you right.

You have faith the the bible is bullshit. We have faith that it is not.

You have faith that there is no GOD whatsoever. We have faith that there is. There is no absolute evidence observable to a third party that can confirm or deny either of our stances so how is it that you are so confident? At least my Faith is a product of personal experience. What is your a based on?

Really, that's an honest question.

Peace

Baruch

Everybody uses personal experience ... but we interpret it different way according to our personality.  Personality varies and experience accumulates.  I would agree that Jesus didn't say that the Pharisee's or Sadducee's interpretation of the OT was infallible ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

marom1963

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 25, 2016, 07:01:21 AM

At least my Faith is a product of personal experience. What is your a based on?

Same.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Blackleaf

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 25, 2016, 07:01:21 AM
The Christ didn't say the ot was infallible.

And generation could be seen in different ways. I'll give you that one.

That's 2, not two dozen.

You repeating yourself in a rant doesn't make you right.

You have faith the the bible is bullshit. We have faith that it is not.

You have faith that there is no GOD whatsoever. We have faith that there is. There is no absolute evidence observable to a third party that can confirm or deny either of our stances so how is it that you are so confident? At least my Faith is a product of personal experience. What is your a based on?

Really, that's an honest question.

Peace

You clearly have no idea what the word "faith" means. Believing in something, without any evidence to support your belief, is faith. Skepticism is not faith. We do not have "faith" that a book of fairytales is not historically true, or that a perfectly good, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent god exists in this imperfect world. You keep trying to lower skeptics to your level. It doesn't work that way.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Randy Carson

Quote from: Johan on May 24, 2016, 07:15:09 PM
I'm sure you can offer numerous reasons for YOU to believe in the resurrection. But we're looking for actual evidence. You seem incapable of understanding that there is a difference between one and the other.

And this evidence is available for your consideration.
Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.

Randy Carson

Quote from: marom1963 on May 25, 2016, 08:15:05 AM
Same.

Then at best, you can only be an agnostic and not an atheist.

If popsthebuilder has ALREADY had a personal experience of God, then that cannot be undone later.

But if you have NOT YET had a personal experience of God, then the future may well change that for you.

Consequently, you don't KNOW there is no God. You must concede the possibility of an experience in the future.

marom1963

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 25, 2016, 11:49:59 AM
Then at best, you can only be an agnostic and not an atheist.

If popsthebuilder has ALREADY had a personal experience of God, then that cannot be undone later.

But if you have NOT YET had a personal experience of God, then the future may well change that for you.

Consequently, you don't KNOW there is no God. You must concede the possibility of an experience in the future.
No. The difference between atheists and theists is this - we are honest. We will admit that there always remains a possibility that there is a god. Theists will never admit that there is a possibility that there is no god. We just happen to believe that there is no god. We just can't prove it - any more than you can prove that there is.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Randy Carson

Quote from: marom1963 on May 25, 2016, 12:40:02 PM
No. The difference between atheists and theists is this - we are honest. We will admit that there always remains a possibility that there is a god.

Is that what everyone here thinks? It is possible that God exists?

Then the forum should be agnosticforums.com

Mike Cl

Ha!  There it is in a nutshell!  Repeater Randy is a COWARD!!  He is all about popularity and not taking any risks.  If he were to spend some actual time using critical thinking he may find that he can't believe in his fiction--but he is too frightened to do that.  So, just in case, he will say he is a christian, a believer in the fictional jesus just so he can go to heaven--if it exists.  If not, nothing lost.  Except his self respect and his ability to critically think.  For him, being the coward he is, he finds that acceptable.  Hypocrite is far far better for him to be than a candidate for hell, even if it is fictional.  Just thinking of it makes his knees quake and his eyes tear in horror!!!  Poor Repeater Randy--scared out of a reasoning mind--settling for an insanity, a fiction.  Yes, the one word I have for Repeater Randy is PITY.  I do pity the poor insane christian.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Randy Carson

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 25, 2016, 01:07:03 PM
Ha!  There it is in a nutshell!  Repeater Randy is a COWARD!!  He is all about popularity and not taking any risks.  If he were to spend some actual time using critical thinking he may find that he can't believe in his fiction--but he is too frightened to do that.  So, just in case, he will say he is a christian, a believer in the fictional jesus just so he can go to heaven--if it exists.  If not, nothing lost.  Except his self respect and his ability to critically think.  For him, being the coward he is, he finds that acceptable.  Hypocrite is far far better for him to be than a candidate for hell, even if it is fictional.  Just thinking of it makes his knees quake and his eyes tear in horror!!!  Poor Repeater Randy--scared out of a reasoning mind--settling for an insanity, a fiction.  Yes, the one word I have for Repeater Randy is PITY.  I do pity the poor insane christian.

Does anyone else see the irony in Mike repeatedly posting this in every thread?

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

dtq123

Hey Randy, Sorry for not being up to date with our discussions. You probably figured this out on your own, but I am in fact a high school student. Thus I have work that needs to be done before finals.

One question: What makes Catholicism different from other sects?
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"