News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

I can claim 3 out of 5. I'll let you figure out which ones.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

When you're fighting over the last slice of pizza and then someone brings a second pizza:

Poison Tree

Quote from: stromboli on June 12, 2016, 11:22:32 AM

When I was younger I used to assume that these people were having, essentially, test anxiety; the sight of Leno and a camera caused their brain to lock up. As I've grown more cynical I think that many of them acted dumb because that's how they could get on TV. 
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Mike Cl

Quote from: Poison Tree on June 12, 2016, 12:08:43 PM
When I was younger I used to assume that these people were having, essentially, test anxiety; the sight of Leno and a camera caused their brain to lock up. As I've grown more cynical I think that many of them acted dumb because that's how they could get on TV.
I think you are right.  Well, except for those that have no brain to use (and will therefore vote Trump) and don't need to 'act' dumb--to get on TV or go to McDonalds or anywhere else.  I remember seeing the geography test the plebs took in West Point.  5% could mislabeled the USSR!  Think about that--the future super star officers in the Army and 1 in 20 did not know where Russia is???????  Then think of the average Joe--the plumber, ya know--and think what they just don't understand.  It is mind boggling.  The Leno interviewee is not in the minority. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?