News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Black atheism

Started by GSOgymrat, July 07, 2013, 01:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Solitary":-D It's really nice to know there are some real human beings left in the world. Solitary

This ^ :)
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Mister Agenda

Quote from: "Triple Nine"
Quote from: "jansnyder"I encountered a strange mentality with the Green Party in Maine. I was sort of a new member, and I didnt know that they were all Christians! I never brought up religion and others didnt mention it overly, but I gradually sorted out that they were religious, and we argued about it, and one of them said "Martin Luther King was a Christian", and there was a black member of the party as well. I gradually realized that they were very pro-Christian and that atheism was considered almost a sort of racism toward black people and that if you went against Christians, Martin Luther King might be brought up in their defence, making Christianity not only about being black but about the civil rights movement. I left the Green Party after that, and I found another party by googling "atheist party". You can see it has a few black members. I immediately joined!  I see atheism as being more equal with black people, like the two races have thrown aside the clouds of religion and can stand on equal ground as normal people.

http://www.usanap.org/

Looks like a cool organization.

Especially since they changed their name to SPA (Secular Party of America). I always had a problem with a party based on being an atheist rather than on a vision for America...just identity politics. And it would have been hard for me to say believers who agree with their platform being welcome. The new name is more inclusive, doesn't purport to represent all atheists, and is inclusive of secularists who aren't atheists.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina