News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I'm new, hello

Started by Deidre32, February 22, 2014, 04:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deidre32

Hello, my name is Deidre...and I post also on another atheist forum. I've noticed this site last year, and thought why not join it, too. :) I was raised in a Christian home and spent most of my adult life catering to the religion. I don't judge anyone who chooses to remain in it, but after MUCH research and soul searching, decided that I'm more comfortable being an Agnostic. I've chosen this line of 'belief,' because I don't believe any of us knows for sure, logically or otherwise, if a Deity exists. Agnosticism is often a misunderstood position, so if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. I used to think completely differently about Agnosticism until the path naturally led me to it.

Look forward to discussing things here, and supporting anyone who needs it.
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Mermaid

Yay, a girl!

Hi Dierdre. Nice to meet you.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

aitm

greetings and welcome to the place where everyone knows your name......kinda
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Deidre32

Mermaid and aitm -- thank you!  :) I guess not a lot of females join up, Mermaid? lol

stromboli

Hi, I'm Stromboli but you can call me Bryce. I enjoy the smell of grass after it rains and long walks on the beach with my rescue Corgi/Norwegian Otter Hound mix, Merkyn.  :-D

Deidre32

Quote from: "stromboli"Hi, I'm Stromboli but you can call me Bryce. I enjoy the smell of grass after it rains and long walks on the beach with my rescue Corgi/Norwegian Otter Hound mix, Merkyn.  :-D
ah, but are you a nerd? that is the question. lol
thank you for the welcome, bryce. :)

stromboli

No, actually I'm a gristly old man with scars and a bad attitude, but whatever. And not Bryce.  :-D

Deidre32

Quote from: "stromboli"No, actually I'm a gristly old man with scars and a bad attitude, but whatever. And not Bryce.  :-D

well, you are honest.  :-D
that counts for something.

Plu

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

PickelledEggs

And yes. I'm a nerd,  since you've been asking other people

Deidre32

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"And yes. I'm a nerd,  since you've been asking other people

Me, too. lol I think we are underrated. :(

Thanks to everyone for the kind welcome! I'm glad I signed up.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Deidre32"
Quote from: "PickelledEggs"And yes. I'm a nerd,  since you've been asking other people

Lol Yes.

What neighborhood of Nerdingshire do you belong to?

Deidre32

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"
Quote from: "Deidre32"

Lol Yes.

What neighborhood of Nerdingshire do you belong to?

Why must you have that as your sig? I'm now dying for some delish NYC style pizza.  8-)

lol about Nerdisgshire. Earth science, english lit, and psychology are where my interests mainly lie.