Hands Up? Lol We're Gonna Shoot You Anyways!

Started by The Skeletal Atheist, September 02, 2015, 10:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deidre32

I have hope that this will go to trial and justice will be served. However that plays out. The man who was shot will never be alive again, but at least for his family's sake, I hope justice is served. I have never dated a cop. While some are humble servants protecting the public, so many are on power trips and they treat their women like shit, I've heard.
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on September 06, 2015, 10:01:15 PM
If I'm not talking fact, then so fucking what - niether is anyone else on this issue, excepting one thing - the current system doesn't work! If you think the status quo situation can be fixed with technology, then history says otherwise. America has a problem with a group which has the same political rights on paper, but they aren't in fact included in society, and they are severely under-represented on police forces. This may be on account of cultural issues which make its members unwilling to join police forces, or it may be that they don't really get the jobs they apply for. It may be that they are discouraged from the crushing bigotry they face when they join the force. Therefore, when Hakurei says there's "nothing to stop them from signing up at the police academy", that is nothing short of crass, ignorant bullshit!

Anyway, I made my attempt to seed what thinking I could outside the box, and you people just divebomb and shed it like so many cackling crows. What they're doing now doesn't work, the problem is strongly related to bigoted white cops in black neighborhoods, and I'm not going to tell you how to go look at the news reports for proof on that.

You know something, fuck this discussion, I've had enough of trying to fix what nobody wants to fix. You ultra-liberal assholes are going to tax me out of my very modest home on your tech spending sprees, they will be a glorious waste of money, and then I'll move to Florida where at least I can have the weapons which make it possible for me to defend myself.

Um, us "ultraliberals" do want to fix the problem of police brutality. Have you seen any protests from the right on this matter? No! To them everyone killed is a criminal who deserved it. What you're suggesting is a radical restructuring of society without any evidence it will work.

What we're suggesting is more accountability and surveillance on the cops, while acknowledging that not all cops are horrid people.

Have you ever know a cop? I have. I've partied with a cop that wanted to get out because he was disgusted at what was being done. In this current time, in this current place, what we need to change is the police culture. Not the elimination of police.

I say this as an anarchist. You can't have the rapid "revolution" that other anarchists hope for so much. It's a process, and it's fucking slow. True anarchy will never happen in my life, and in the mean time we'll need cops.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on September 07, 2015, 02:57:21 AM
Um, us "ultraliberals" do want to fix the problem of police brutality. Have you seen any protests from the right on this matter? No! To them everyone killed is a criminal who deserved it. What you're suggesting is a radical restructuring of society without any evidence it will work.
You aren't talking science, so stop pretending that this discussion has anything to do with it! There's no way to demonstrate how people work in a given situation without experimenting, and that is all that I am asking people to consider doing. Nobody will ever find out whether or not an idea works without having the balls to depart from the status quo and experiment - it's what modern liberals are utter cowards on, and it's what keeps me rightward relative to their orientation, while still left of center.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on September 07, 2015, 12:32:59 PM
You aren't talking science, so stop pretending that this discussion has anything to do with it! There's no way to demonstrate how people work in a given situation without experimenting, and that is all that I am asking people to consider doing. Nobody will ever find out whether or not an idea works without having the balls to depart from the status quo and experiment - it's what modern liberals are utter cowards on, and it's what keeps me rightward relative to their orientation, while still left of center.

By all means let's experiment, but to do so so rapidly has been shown to be disastrous. For evidence I only need to cite Soviet Russia, Cambodia, North Korea, Nazi Germany, and others. Generally the restructuring you're suggesting leads to disaster, because the people aren't able to adjust. If you really want to restructure society, the best way to do so is gradually. You have to be so gradual that most people don't notice. There's a few hiccups, sure, but in the end less people die. You may buy be seeing it, but were in the middle off a restructuring at this very moment.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on September 07, 2015, 03:53:04 PM
By all means let's experiment, but to do so so rapidly has been shown to be disastrous. For evidence I only need to cite Soviet Russia, Cambodia, North Korea, Nazi Germany, and others. Generally the restructuring you're suggesting leads to disaster, because the people aren't able to adjust. If you really want to restructure society, the best way to do so is gradually. You have to be so gradual that most people don't notice. There's a few hiccups, sure, but in the end less people die. You may buy be seeing it, but were in the middle off a restructuring at this very moment.
Get your facts straight - I never said it could happen overnight, only that a resolute paradigm shift is required now.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on September 07, 2015, 04:05:57 PM
Get your facts straight - I never said it could happen overnight, only that a resolute paradigm shift is required now.
And a resolute paradigm shift takes time, more time than you are willing to permit.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on September 07, 2015, 04:09:04 PM
And a resolute paradigm shift takes time, more time than you are willing to permit.

You were skewering me on facts?  :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

How much time did I give the full transition to happen, IN FACT?

I said nothing other than that changes need to start now, and that they should move in a different direction than the status quo which obviously doesn't work.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on September 07, 2015, 04:53:16 PM
You were skewering me on facts?  :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

How much time did I give the full transition to happen, IN FACT?

I said nothing other than that changes need to start now, and that they should move in a different direction than the status quo which obviously doesn't work.

It is starting now. Look around. Do you think there was this much national outrage against police abuse before? We get a new video and outage almost every month, hell, almost every week. Do you think that's all for nothing? We're having the discussion now, be patient.