News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Used to like it, now can't stand it

Started by aitm, April 10, 2015, 07:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

I use to like Schwarzenegger and his movies, probably because it was before the internet and I didn't have a means to really look into facts about him. Now after knowing the kind of guy he was in his bodybuilding, movie and political career, can't even enjoy terminator or his naked butt shots anymore.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

aitm

That aside "True Lies" with Jamie Lee Curtis is still a fun movie. Hot damn that woman gave me the chills.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

I've never been a great fan of Arnold.  He's OK, but I usually don't go out of my way.  I've only seen the first Terminator movie, until about a month ago, when I bought the series.  However, that was more because of my interest in Linda Hamilton.  Having said that, the series wasn't bad.  I'll probably watch it again in a couple of years.  And yes, I do like True Lies.  That's a fun movie.

Solitary

I used to love Spam in high school, Now I can't even think about eating it. Jamie Lee is one hot androgynous guy before surgery and plastic surgery.  Not kidding. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Aroura33

Spam!  OMG.  I used to eat that as a kid too. My mom would fry it topped with melting brown sugar and serve it with fried eggs for breakfast. You'd have to pay me to eat that now.

Poor Jamie Lee.  My husband kind of scorns her too because of her androgenous looks and rumours of hermaphiditism (or however you spell that I'm too sick to be bothered to go look it up).  Personally, Ithink she's great, and also love True Lies!

I've never loved Arnold, but there are lots of actors who I think are douchy, but I'm still ableto enjoy movies/shows they make, if it's good. For instance, I know the dude who plays Kramer on Seinfeild said some racist stuff, but when I watch re-runs of that show I still laugh at his characters antics.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Solitary

GET BETTER SOON! TRUE LIVES IS A GREAT PICTURE TO ME. Jamie Lee is hot no matter what she is.   :winkle:Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

GrinningYMIR

Used to love forty year old Virgin, now I can't sit through the whole movie
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

SGOS

Quote from: Aroura33 on April 11, 2015, 03:32:30 PM
Spam!  OMG.  I used to eat that as a kid too. My mom would fry it topped with melting brown sugar and serve it with fried eggs for breakfast.
My mother would put cloves in it, and it would become like the center piece of the meal.  I tried eating it again 20 years later, and found some pretty disgusting things in it, like veins the size of a large macaroni noodles.  And I remember laughing at the can that said, "New and Improved Spam."

aitm

sandwiches in general. Sandwiches were like the staple at our house. Six kids and dad was a bricklayer, every dime had a need. When I started working for him lunch at a diner was a once in month thing. Everyday was bologna, mayo and onion cept I tossed the onion. Every day…every fucking day….years of sandwiches. Loved them then. you can't even get me into a subway without a fight. I might have a sandwich once on 6 months now. When we go out on the boat the wife wants to take sandwiches…fine take em. I grab the grill and a filet.  Fuck that shit, I may die poor but goddamit, Ill be well fed.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Aroura33

aitm, that reminds me of liverwurst and onion sandwiches.  I ate those through my 20's even. 
I tried it again a few months ago because my mom still eats those, but the liverwurst was just so....gamey and strong.  Yeck. Still love me some onions though!

I'm with you on Pizza AND Sandwhiches now, though m problem with sandwiches now is the bread.  I just switched to making wraps, so I can still pile goodies into something easy to travel with.

There are so many foods!  I used to enjoy Mac n Cheese (real cheese, velveeta, and even kraft powdered crap). Now it totally grosses me out, even the "real" stuff.  Starchy noodles covered in oily cheddar cheese and fatty milk and butter.  No thanks.  I have the same problem with Grilled Cheese sandwiches.

Ice cream.  I used to enjoy it quite a lot as a kid, now I rarely ever want to eat it, even on like 100 degree days.

I used to hate canned tuna, but my dad found this locally smoked and canned stuff that is so good it is like candy, and now I LOVE it!  But specifically that, not all tuna.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Mike Cl

White bread--ate a ton of it as a kid.  Can't stand it now.  But I do love bread, still.  Dave's Killer Bread.  Yep--that's the name of it.  Full of whole grains and very heavy. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 11, 2015, 06:16:43 PM
Dave's Killer Bread.  Yep--that's the name of it.  Full of whole grains and very heavy. 

googled, found a store near here,,getting some. Thanks bud!

trdsf

You know, I can't think of the last time I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and that was my go-to lunch for the first twenty years of my life.  I just got no desire for them anymore.

Now, I still do peanut butter and bacon sandwiches.  And peanut butter and Miracle Whip.  But the ol' PB&J just doesn't do it for me anymore.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: aitm on April 11, 2015, 07:08:59 PM
googled, found a store near here,,getting some. Thanks bud!
Glad to be of assistance.  It has several types--21 Whole Grains is my fav.  As the story goes, Dave developed this bread while he was in prison.  Don't know of that is true; but that is what I heard.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Aroura33

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 11, 2015, 07:39:13 PM
Glad to be of assistance.  It has several types--21 Whole Grains is my fav.  As the story goes, Dave developed this bread while he was in prison.  Don't know of that is true; but that is what I heard.
My dad actually knows Dave.  Dad gleans for soup kitchens in Portland (cause atheists don't do charity work ~giant eye roll~), and Dave donates all of his "day old" bread from his main Portland store.  Dad says he's a cool guy.  Never heard the prison story, but wouldn't be surprised.

My dad brings me a loaf of the sprouted whole grain stuff now and then when he comes to visit, it's my favorite.
Leonard Nimoy