Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Used to like it, now can't stand it

Started by aitm, April 10, 2015, 07:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 10, 2015, 08:57:38 PM
What happened to your mom???
I got a new phone and my signature went away! Thanks for reminding me to put it back! Lmao

Sent from your mom.

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 10, 2015, 08:59:49 PM
I got a new phone and my signature went away! Thanks for reminding me to put it back! Lmao

Sent from your mom.
Oh, good.  I'm glad she is back in business--whoever she belongs to.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 10, 2015, 01:00:15 PM
I once hitchhiked to Montana during a blizzard and somehow the cold didn't bother me.. Now I can barely stand air conditioning.. Forget hitchhiking..

Same here. Cold didn't used to bother me. I liked cold weather more than hot. Now I hate being cold.

aitm

Used to love to hunt…and fuck those cocksucking mother fucking huggers….yesterday I chased a fucking bird around my pool enclosure for three fucking hours so it wouldn't get "tired" and one of the dogs eat it…….cheezits man, I become a fuckin hugger…..
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: aitm on April 10, 2015, 09:13:17 PM
Used to love to hunt…and fuck those cocksucking mother fucking huggers….yesterday I chased a fucking bird around my pool enclosure for three fucking hours so it wouldn't get "tired" and one of the dogs eat it…….cheezits man, I become a fuckin hugger…..
Sounds like you need a hug...................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Aroura33

Ok, I'm going to admit this in a public forum....

When I was about 12, I liked Kirk Cameron.  I had his poster on my bedroom wall and everything........please don't put me in the cone of shame. :(

He's on my top 5 douche celebrity list now.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

SGOS

Quote from: Aroura33 on April 10, 2015, 08:43:06 PM
You know what happened?  You got old.....lol.
I read some psychological studies on the effectiveness of commercials.  It seems that enjoyable commercials are not as effective as annoying ones.  The annoying ones make a bigger imprint on your mind.  Somehow this translates into better sales.  It doesn't seem like it should, but the mind, especially the part effected by emotion, doesn't work in a rational way.

In addition to commercials being annoying, they do that thing where they turn up the volume, which makes it even more annoying.  I find commercials insulting.  The people who make them only care about selling things to you.  They obviously don't have any interest in your comfort.  OK, it's a free country, I guess, but I have chosen to cut the cord.  Like you I've been without TV for maybe 4 years now.  I hate being manipulated like some kind of robot programmed to go shopping.  I have a higher regard for myself than that.

hrdlr110

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 10, 2015, 04:38:16 PM
SGOS--hardtack--love that stuff!  My grandmother used to make it and it was wonderful!  Real butter on hardtack!  Food of the gods!  My grandparents lived on a small farm north of Portland, Oregon and so could get quite a bit of the Swedish foods back in the day.  Seems there was a large number of immigrants from Sweden, Denmark and Norway there; especially Swedes.  Until about 25 yrs ago I could get Swedish hardtack from a Swedish store in Portland.  Now I can get a good version of it from Raleys here in town.  It comes in a round package and is a very good hardtack.  I remember my great uncle listening to Swedish language radio and then, treat of treats, Polka and Shaddish music.  Anyway, hardtack memories are good memories.

Hardtack brings back childhood memories - with peanut-butter. Gramps ate pickled herring as well, while reading letters from uncle Arne back home. My great-grand-father came over from Sweden, I'm visiting for the first time in August this year.  I'm busy contacting family I've never met so that I can catch up. Really looking forward to it. Uncle Arne from Sweden is looking forward to it too!

As a kid I ate peanut-butter and catsup sandwiches. Don't think I could do that now! Hmmm...... curious, might need to find out tho.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Mike Cl

Quote from: hrdlr110 on April 10, 2015, 10:16:57 PM
Hardtack brings back childhood memories - with peanut-butter. Gramps ate pickled herring as well, while reading letters from uncle Arne back home. My great-grand-father came over from Sweden, I'm visiting for the first time in August this year.  I'm busy contacting family I've never met so that I can catch up. Really looking forward to it. Uncle Arne from Sweden is looking forward to it too!

As a kid I ate peanut-butter and catsup sandwiches. Don't think I could do that now! Hmmm...... curious, might need to find out tho.
Damn, that is a slew of grandpa's from Sweden.  I really loved and enjoyed mine, so maybe a grandpa from Sweden isn't such a bad idea!  Hardtack and peanut butter.  Never thought of it--don't know why, cause I like them both--hmmmmm, on my way to the kitchen right now! :)

But peanut butter and catsup??????  You can count me out!  Peanut butter and honey--or jelly--or even grape jelly and baloney (yep!)--but no bananas.

PickelledEggs

I'm not even old. I just realized that commercials are stupid.... and realized that I function better when I go to sleep before 1 if I have to get up before 9.

I'm not getting old... not that there's anything wrong with that...

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 11, 2015, 12:16:28 AM
I'm not even old. I just realized that commercials are stupid.... and realized that I function better when I go to sleep before 1 if I have to get up before 9.

I'm not getting old... not that there's anything wrong with that...
Nope, nothing wrong with getting old, especially considering there is only one other alternative.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 11, 2015, 12:36:32 AM
Nope, nothing wrong with getting old, especially considering there is only one other alternative.
Just like APA says

"Get old or die trying!"

Hydra009

Quote from: Aroura33 on April 10, 2015, 01:29:13 PMI really enjoy pizzas made by real pizzarias, with good, fresh toppings that don't include canned olives and mushrooms (gag).

I absolutely LOVE black olives and mushrooms!  When I get pizza, I either have them put some on or add some myself.

I didn't really like mushrooms that much as a kid (the texture kinda put me off), now they're my favorite food ever!

QuoteOh, that's one, used ot love canned olves as a kid.  I could eat tons of them.  Now I am very grossed out by their metallic taste.
But that's what I love about them!  And Kalamata olives are downright euphoric.  *drools*

QuoteI used to like pickled herring, now I can't figure out HOW I even used to like that stuff, lol.
I can tolerate herring more than most, but yeah, they went from mildly attractive to mildly repulsive.

Now sardines are a different story.  They're amazing to me now.  Especially the good kind.

AWWW YISS

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 10, 2015, 04:13:42 PM
Anchovies on anything especially pizza.

Man, no one is liking my favorite pizza toppings today!

Full disclosure:  I initially didn't like them and only ordered them because my brother hates them.  It preserves the territorial integrity of my portion of the pizza and was only mildly distasteful to me.  Now, I actually do like them but rarely get them because of the huge salt content.  Fortunately, he also can't stand black olives.  :)

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur