Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Used to like it, now can't stand it

Started by aitm, April 10, 2015, 07:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on April 11, 2015, 04:02:13 PM
Used to love forty year old Virgin, now I can't sit through the whole movie
I couldn't sit through the poster.  Looked pretty horrid imo.

90s Batman movies.  I actually liked a couple of them.  Now I despise them.

Mike Cl

The Graduate.  Loved it when it first came out--saw it several times.  Now I find it hard to even get a good start.  The book is horrid.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

"Classic" movies? Holy shit, they couldn't act worth a fuck! The over acting was more the norm as if the person watching could see the guy twist his neck and raise his eyes as his buddy closed in to save him from the mugger but the mugger standing in front of him was too stupid to know what that look meant. I can't watch them anymore.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

The movie Things To Come. Watch it once. See the cream of British acting aristocracy overact and mug to an H.G. Wells plot.

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 12, 2015, 09:49:31 AM
The Graduate.  Loved it when it first came out--saw it several times.  Now I find it hard to even get a good start.  The book is horrid.
I loved it too when it played in the theaters back in the 60s.  A couple of years ago, I rented it and sat down filled with anticipation.  I don't think I finished watching it.  I have no idea why that movie seemed so important when it first came out.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on April 12, 2015, 12:36:39 PM
I loved it too when it played in the theaters back in the 60s.  A couple of years ago, I rented it and sat down filled with anticipation.  I don't think I finished watching it.  I have no idea why that movie seemed so important when it first came out.
Besides Mrs. Robinson's legs and Simon and Garfunkel songs (which I still love), I remember the word 'Plastics".  And how that is now correct.  Plastic is everywhere.  I tried to remember why I liked it so much and I don't remember why.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 12, 2015, 12:53:51 PM
I remember the word 'Plastics". 
I remember that line too, probably more than anything else about the movie.  Well, the cross through the door handles of the church.  I remember that.  But why would "plastics" stick in my mind, like that?  Weird.

antediluvian

A silver-tongue-devil talkin dirty to me.
I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.