News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Christian logic, at it's best

Started by widdershins, April 05, 2016, 10:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: stromboli on April 06, 2016, 12:51:13 AM
You used the word "christian" and "logic" in the same sentence. Deduct three (3) internets from your account. Carry on.
Improper apostrophe use, too.  Technically, a 4 point deduction.

widdershins

Quote from: stromboli on April 06, 2016, 12:51:13 AM
You used the word "christian" and "logic" in the same sentence. Deduct three (3) internets from your account. Carry on.
Only 3 for THAT offense?  Someone is feeling generous today.
This sentence is a lie...

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 05, 2016, 10:51:57 PM
Premise #1: the Bible is true
Conclusion:  the Bible is true

How do we know the Bible is true?
Because it's the word of God.

How do we know the Bible is the word of God?
because it's true.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 06, 2016, 06:23:42 PM
How do we know the Bible is true?
Because it's the word of God.

How do we know the Bible is the word of God?
because it's true.

Good theology is circular reasoning, because in that condition you can derive whatever you want, from whatever premises you choose.  This is not accidental.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Of course it's not accidental - God ordained it!  :weed:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

RCnal

Xtians love telling atheist they are going to hell!
It's like being told the tooth fairy isn't giving me money, or Santa won't give me presents.
You have the right to believe whatever you like. However, the once you publicize it as fact, you will have to answer a few questions.

I hope Jenny McCarthy gets small pox
Check out my thoughts at knowledgeoverego.blogspot.ca

widdershins

Quote from: RCnal on April 08, 2016, 02:06:06 PM
Xtians love telling atheist they are going to hell!
It's like being told the tooth fairy isn't giving me money, or Santa won't give me presents.
They psychology behind this is intricate and fascinating.  Essentially they are confirming to themselves that you will be punished for angering them in some way.  It's a sick, twisted mindset in which one takes glee in the thought of the eternal torture of another as "just punishment" for, usually, an extremely minor offense, such as refusing to agree with the arrogant ass who can't tell "truth" from "belief".  Mentally, these people are not that much different from hard-line Muslims.  While they won't outright kill you for disagreeing, the do believe that you "deserve" an eternity of torture for disagreeing.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: stromboli on April 05, 2016, 03:38:57 PM
CNS news is a conservative xtian media source, so not necessarily unbiased. They also have an article about "How Gay Marriage Hurts Us" so I'd say they have an agenda.
Oh lawd, is it by teaching kids that gay people aren't absolute monsters?
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Hijiri Byakuren

Oh, another Biblical site has been found, therefore proving the Bible. Remind me again, how many times has the Ark been discovered?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on April 08, 2016, 10:26:54 PM
Oh, another Biblical site has been found, therefore proving the Bible. Remind me again, how many times has the Ark been discovered?

Ancient Jewish writings aren't completely imaginary, just mostly ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on April 08, 2016, 10:26:54 PM
Yeah, it's not even that good.  They already knew that where they were digging was a town from the Bible.  That's why they had to do an archeological survey before they could build.  So it's more like, "Because they found things where they knew things to be AND there was a coin there from around the time of Jesus, PROOF that Mary Magdalene was real because this is the town she was purportedly from!  That proves Jesus was real, which proves he had magical powers, which proves God is real, which proves he really created everything, is worth worshiping and TOTALLY not a dick at all, which proves I am not at all stupid for being a grown ass person who still believes in magic."