News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Let the whining begin!

Started by widdershins, April 05, 2016, 10:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

I read an article this morning titled, Terror Group Gives Details of Easter Attack, Vows to Kill Christians.  Get ready for months upon months of, "Oh, we are so persecuted!" from all Christians everywhere.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

Would they rather be insulted (as being unimportant) if the terrorists ignored them?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: Baruch on April 05, 2016, 01:17:19 PM
Would they rather be insulted (as being unimportant) if the terrorists ignored them?
It has been my experience with the whinier of the Christian lot (to their credit I have known Christians not like this) that THE test to see if they are being persecuted is with 3 yes/no questions.  If the answer to one or more is "yes", then the answer to "Are we being unfairly persecuted?" is also "yes".
1) Do they refuse to talk about my God or refuse to talk about religion altogether?
2) Do they say anything "not positive" about my God, including not only negative, but also neutral things, or in any way suggest anything other than "this is absolute truth"?
3) Do they talk about other religions or lack of religion?

This is the same test used to determine that keeping religion out of schools is, in fact, persecution of Christians and equates to "teaching atheism".  That gets a little tricky to follow because you would think that if the answer to 3 is "Yes", saying that the school does not talk about religion or lack thereof at all, then they aren't actively teaching anything about religion, but you would be wrong because the answer to 1 is "Yes", the schools refuse to talk about their God, which means they are, in fact, being unfairly persecuted.  Now, of course, one cannot be unfairly persecuted by being denied something unless someone else is granted that thing you are denied unfairly.  As you know, atheists don't want teachers talking about God in schools, so they are getting what they want, but Christians aren't.  So, since atheists are getting what they want and Christians aren't this means that the schools are teaching what atheists want them to teach about religion.  It is irrelevant that what the atheists want taught about religion is "nothing at all".  They are getting what they want, Christians are not, therefore the school systems are actively teaching atheism.  It's really quite elementary logic.  You start with the conclusion then make shit up to match it until you're at the beginning.

stromboli

Circle the wagons bro. Grew up in a paranoid "us against the world" religion. The fundies are just catching up to Mormonism. 

AllRight

I am still recovering from the red Starbucks cup.

Unbeliever

Just another example of Christians not really believing the words of their savior. They should relish persecution!

"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake."
Mat 5:11
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 05, 2016, 05:51:31 PM
Just another example of Christians not really believing the words of their savior. They should relish persecution!

"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake."

Americans are materialist Manichees ... not Christians.  Same as the Puritans were ... heretics all.

Persecuting egg-heads has been going on since the good citizens of Athens executed Socrates for impiety.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jack89

A minority community gets targeted, children killed, and it's amusing? 

Mike Cl

Quote from: Jack89 on April 05, 2016, 07:57:12 PM
No, that's not.  But the christian rhetoric is. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Pakistan is filled with many small and large tribes ... engaged in tribal warfare.  Not amusing ... but then GB circa 1400 wasn't amusing either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 05, 2016, 05:51:31 PM

So, what you're saying is that, technically, atheists are more blessed than Christians.  Think about it.  People revile us.  Christians and Muslims especially.  And they persecute us.  There are still laws on the books in many states that an atheist cannot hold office and being an atheist carries the death penalty in 7 Muslim countries.  And they say all manner of evil against us falsely.  The "for my sake" part might be a problem, but Christians do it because we don't believe Jesus was Dumbledore's ancestor, so it's "because" of him, technically qualifying when you're using the Bible version that uses such outdated language as to be more easily "interpreted" in any way you like.

widdershins

Of course it's not amusing, but I assure you there will be PLENTY of people talking about it and what they need to do to stop it.  Meanwhile being an atheist still carries the death penalty in 7 countries around the world and over 75 countries where homosexuality is criminalized, some countries punishing homosexuality with death, still others doing nothing about the murders of homosexuals and you can't hear the outrage over all the crickets.

People kill people, especially in the Middle East.  It's a barbaric land.  It's sad, but I'm used to it.

Jack89

Quote from: widdershins on April 06, 2016, 09:47:57 AM
Of course it's not amusing, but I assure you there will be PLENTY of people talking about it and what they need to do to stop it.
As they should.

QuoteMeanwhile being an atheist still carries the death penalty in 7 countries around the world and over 75 countries where homosexuality is criminalized, some countries punishing homosexuality with death, still others doing nothing about the murders of homosexuals and you can't hear the outrage over all the crickets.

People kill people, especially in the Middle East.  It's a barbaric land.  It's sad, but I'm used to it.
The irony here isn't that Christians will protest the killing of Christians and not atheists or homosexuals, but that atheists and homosexuals defend the culture/religion that's oppressing them.  The same goes for feminism.  It baffles me that liberals go out of their way to defend Islam when it is the very same culture that calls for their oppression and even death.  The last time I looked, all of the countries that call for the death penalty for homosexuals and/or atheists are Muslim.  All of them.  The group that attacked and killed these Christians is Muslim, presumably just because they were Christian. 

widdershins

Quote from: Jack89 on April 06, 2016, 10:22:17 AM
As they should.
How is this attack any different than any other suicide bombing?  To say that people should be up in arms over this, which they will be, without saying that they should also be up in arms over every attack, which they are not, is to say that an attack on Christians, specifically, is somehow different, which it is not.  EVERY similar attack should get just as much attention, but it doesn't.  My point is that an attack on Christians already gets an unjustified amount of attention compared to pretty much any other attack which isn't carried out in a "civilized country".

Quote from: Jack89 on April 06, 2016, 10:22:17 AM
The irony here isn't that Christians will protest the killing of Christians and not atheists or homosexuals, but that atheists and homosexuals defend the culture/religion that's oppressing them.  The same goes for feminism.  It baffles me that liberals go out of their way to defend Islam when it is the very same culture that calls for their oppression and even death.  The last time I looked, all of the countries that call for the death penalty for homosexuals and/or atheists are Muslim.  All of them.  The group that attacked and killed these Christians is Muslim, presumably just because they were Christian. 
Of course you mean "many liberals", not just "liberals" there.  I consider myself to be pretty liberal (though not a tax-happy Democrat) and I am very against Islam, but don't have so much a problem with "westernized Islam".  And yes, the attack was just because they were Christian, specifically carried out during Easter services.  But the exact reason they were targeted doesn't really make the attack in any way special and deserving of "extra" attention.

Jack89

Extra attention?  Are you saying there should be less to make it somehow equal and fair?  If you're saying thre should be more outrage, in general, concerning Islamic oppression and terrorism, then I agree, but that's not what you imply.  It's only natural that people will protest more if their particular in-group is attacked.  The anomaly is the behavior "most" liberals portray when it comes to Islam.