15 year old rape survivor sentenced to be whipped in public!

Started by Fluffhead, March 23, 2013, 10:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffhead

15-year-old rape survivor has been sentenced to be whipped 100 times in public!

The girl's stepfather is accused of raping her for years and murdering the baby she bore. Now the court says she must be flogged for "sex outside marriage"! President Waheed of the Maldives is already feeling global pressure on this, and we can force him to save this girl and change the law to spare other victims this cruel fate. This is how we can end the War on Women – by standing up every time an outrage like this happens.

Source:
http://www.avaaz.org/en/maldives_global ... ab&v=23290
[size=150]
?But I Sure Have Some Powerful Pills?
[/size][/color]

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Johan

I look at the level of ignorance required for an entire culture of people (or at least a large enough portion to form and sustain a government) to get to a place where punishing a 15 year old rape victim is acceptable and I am amazed that humans still exist as a species.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

pr126

It is the law.

Quran 24.2. The fornicatress and the fornicator – flog each of them with a hundred stripes; and do not let pity for them hold you back from carrying out God's law, if you truly believe in God and the Last Day; and let a group of believers witness their punishment.

That's Islam.

stromboli

Quote"If carbon emissions were to stop today, the planet would not see a difference for 60 to 70 years," Nasheed said. "If carbon emissions continue at the rate they are climbing today, my country will be underwater in seven years."

and called for more climate change mitigation action while on the American television shows The Daily Show [43] and the Late Show with David Letterman.[44]
Over the last century, sea levels have risen about 20 centimetres (8 in);[45][46] further rises of the ocean could threaten the very existence of this island nation, with its maximum natural ground level of only 2.4 metres (7 ft 8.7 in), and averaging only 1.5 metres (4 ft 11 in) above sea level. Eighty percent of the total land mass of the islands is only a metre above mean sea level. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) 2007 report predicted the upper limit of the sea level rises will be 59 centimetres (23 in) by 2100, which means that most of the republic's 200 inhabited islands may need to be abandoned.[47] At least one study appears to show that the sea level in the Maldives dropped 20–30 centimetres (8–12 in) throughout the 1970s and '80s, although later studies failed to back this up.[48] In November 2008, President Mohamed Nasheed announced plans to look into purchasing new land in India, Sri Lanka, and Australia because of his concerns about global warming, and the possibility of much of the islands being inundated with water from rising sea levels. The purchase of land will be made from a fund generated by tourism.[49] The President has explained his intentions:
"We do not want to leave the Maldives, but we also do not want to be climate refugees living in tents for decades".[50]

Allah has judged them.

the_antithesis

Quote from: "pr126"It is the law.

Quran 24.2. The fornicatress and the fornicator – flog each of them with a hundred stripes;

So is he getting whipped, too?

Johan

Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "pr126"It is the law.

Quran 24.2. The fornicatress and the fornicator – flog each of them with a hundred stripes;

So is he getting whipped, too?
I believe so.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Nonsensei

Neither of them should be whipped. Whipping is for savages too stupid to even bang rocks together. The stepfather should be imprisoned.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

pr126

Imam Rauf :
 "90% of Sharia law is fully compatible -- not only compatible -- it's consistent or compatible with American constitutional law and American laws. The areas of difference are small and minor."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMCz4Vpar8g

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

GurrenLagann

Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens

Fluffhead

Quote from: "Jason78"This again?
ah fuck i didnt saw this thread was already open sorry.
[size=150]
?But I Sure Have Some Powerful Pills?
[/size][/color]

Shiranu

When I first heard of their islands sinking, I felt bad. Now... I hope they know how to swim...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur