Salvation Army is Anti-Gay, fuck Salvation Army.

Started by Jannabear, February 08, 2016, 02:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Munch

I've stopped given to all charities for a while now, since I've seen what they do with the money given.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

I still like Oxfam International and I donate blood.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

The name got me long ago. Salvation Army ffs.

E: I think there is a Salvation Army offcie in Ä°stanbul.

HEY, there is one in the city I live too! :lol: Too bad they can't compete with Starbucks or fast food restaurants...:ppp
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Well then!  I guess there's no need to feel guilty when I walk by one of those happy bell ringers wishing me a Merry Christmas and I don't happily open my wallet with a donation.  They stand by the door of Walmart, and when I walk out, they are still there, looking all happy and probably thinking, "Are you going to give us some money this time, Asshole?  We're not going away, you know.  We'll be here tomorrow and the day after that, Asshole."

The only thing I know is that they collect money, and claim to do good.  But all these organizations make that claim, and then one day you read about graft and corruption of the Red Cross and start to wonder how many of the others are doing the same thing.  The fact is, you don't know the people you are giving your money to.  They may be well meaning or as in this case, just self righteous mean people with a goal far less charitable than they let on.

Most of the bell ringers probably don't even realize what's going on.  Thanks for the video.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

widdershins

I used to never pass up a bell ringer.  Then I joined this forum and learned a little.  I haven't looked twice at them for years.
This sentence is a lie...