News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheism doesn't exist.

Started by knowitall, January 09, 2016, 04:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knowitall

According to my knowledge, atheism didn't exist as a philosophy until the 1700s, also called the Enlightenment Period. This was coincidentally the time of the struggle of American independence. The struggle for religious freedom evolved into the struggle for political freedom, because you can't have religious freedom without a government enforcing the rights of citizens. I think it was Voltaire who officially declared atheism the year of the ratification of the American constitution. Nietzche and Kierkegaard were two of the proponents of atheism. America was founded on individual rights derived from natural laws stipulated by God to Israel via the Law of Moses. So we are connected to the God of the Old Testament. I have never heard of any philosophy or cult called Atheism before the Enlightenment. There was Stoicism, Epicureanism, and the Rationalism of the ancient Greeks, but the Greeks kept their gods. None were actual deniers of deity. Atheism therefore sprang up along with its partner liberalism as a Satanic reaction against America, because Satan hates America.  Atheism can never be proven, even if one could search the entire universe, because God is intrinsic in everything. We are proof that there is at least one first being who creates all form. Animals are proof of a Creator who needs not to be created. The generation of particles must occur by choice in a moment of real time-space. There must be some quality that is the life of the mind, and that must be from mind itself. Contrary to what many say, if you say there is no God, you must back it up. Why would it be up to someone else to prove the opposite? Atheism, like liberalism, is the philosophy and religion of the criminal mind.
To explain the title of this post, when I said atheism doesn't exist, I meant that it is an hypothesis with no theory. It asserts that there is no deity, but can't go further and give any rational explanation as to why  no deity can exist. It thrives only on philosophy and liberalism, which uses government as a replacement for
God.

GSOgymrat

It sounds like you've got it all figured out.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: knowitall on January 09, 2016, 04:59:53 PM
According to my knowledge, atheism didn't exist as a philosophy until the 1700s, also called the Enlightenment Period. This was coincidentally the time of the struggle of American independence. The struggle for religious freedom evolved into the struggle for political freedom, because you can't have religious freedom without a government enforcing the rights of citizens. I think it was Voltaire who officially declared atheism the year of the ratification of the American constitution. Nietzche and Kierkegaard were two of the proponents of atheism. America was founded on individual rights derived from natural laws stipulated by God to Israel via the Law of Moses. So we are connected to the God of the Old Testament. I have never heard of any philosophy or cult called Atheism before the Enlightenment. There was Stoicism, Epicureanism, and the Rationalism of the ancient Greeks, but the Greeks kept their gods. None were actual deniers of deity. Atheism therefore sprang up along with its partner liberalism as a Satanic reaction against America, because Satan hates America. 

Even if we take everything here as true. Doesn't that still mean atheism exists? I mean, even if it were a satanic ploy invented yesteryear; if it's here now, it exists.

Atheism can never be proven, even if one could search the entire universe, because God is intrinsic in everything. We are proof that there is at least one first being who creates all form. Animals are proof of a Creator who needs not to be created. The generation of particles must occur by choice in a moment of real time-space. There must be some quality that is the life of the mind, and that must be from mind itself. Contrary to what many say, if you say there is no God, you must back it up. Why would it be up to someone else to prove the opposite? Atheism, like liberalism, is the philosophy and religion of the criminal mind.

Let me fix that for you.

Atheism can never be proven, even if one could search the entire universe, because there is no way to test for it. Furthermore it's not a scientific theory to be proven true or false, but rather the default position one should employ regarding the God-hypothesis if one is to hold intellectual honesty. And this position is warranted not by the proof of the lack of a divine creator but by the lack of proof in favor for a divine creator, and only until such evidence is brought forth and verified.

Right now, knowitall, I'm thinking you're baiting here or something. If you're not, please do and go make an intro-thread about yourself before spewing this bull.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

TomFoolery

Contrary to what many say, if you say there is no God, you must back it up.

I have never made any claim that there is no god. I simply question the claim made by so many that there is.

Quote from: knowitall on January 09, 2016, 04:59:53 PMWhy would it be up to someone else to prove the opposite?
Because you made the claim. Shifting the burden of proof is a logical fallacy on the level of elementary school. If I told you there was a tea cup floating in the space of our solar system, it doesn't fall on you to prove that there isn't: it falls on me to prove that there is.

Furthermore, I will go ahead and make that claim. Now go prove it doesn't exist. Oh, what's that? You don't care whether or not there's a tea cup possibly orbiting one of Jupiter's moons? Yeah, that's how I feel about God.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Gawdzilla Sama

What proof do you have of any god or gods?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

CloneKai

hold on
Quote from: knowitall on January 09, 2016, 04:59:53 PMSatan hates America
why. :017:
i mean in america you have gay marriages
women can walk around naked
blasphemers and satanist run around the place
and when was the last time you saw a virgin

satan probably hates saudia arabia  that i can agree with. they follow the gods word 

Hijiri Byakuren

This guy's nuttier than candy bar shit.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

TomFoolery

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 09, 2016, 06:24:38 PM

Perhaps even nuttier than this guy's shits.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Hydra009

QuoteAtheism therefore sprang up along with its partner liberalism as a Satanic reaction against America, because Satan hates America.

aitm

Using your logic, (and obvious lack of historical knowledge) there were over three hundred thousand gods being worshipped at the same time your's "came along". So again, by your logic, all those gods must exist as well. Remember the hatred is less if you don't pick any god than if you have the audacity to pick one over another. Good luck.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Johan

According to my knowledge, atheism didn't exist as a philosophy until the 1700s, also called the Enlightenment Period.
Your knowledge is wrong.

QuoteAtheism can never be proven
Atheism is a lack of theism i.e. a lack of belief in god. That's it. Saying atheism needs to be proven is like saying one has to prove that they don't like strawberries. Its idiotic statement which shows a lack of even the most fundamental understanding of the subject at hand.

QuoteWhy would it be up to someone else to prove the opposite?
Because that is how the burden of proof works. Look it up sparky, you might learn something. Theists claim god exists, therefore the burden of proof is on them to prove their claim.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 09, 2016, 06:24:38 PM

Don't make fun of Tootsie Rolls ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: TomFoolery on January 09, 2016, 06:26:30 PM
Perhaps even nuttier than this guy's shits.

That Mr Peanut is from the 1920s ... gotta be stale by now ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

According to my knowledge, atheism didn't exist as a philosophy until the 1700s,

There are passage in the bible warning the believers against atheists. Here's one of them:

QuotePsalm 14:1 ESV

The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.

As since the bible was written circa 300 BCE, atheism did exist way before the 1700's. Get your facts straightened out.

Baruch

According to my knowledge, atheism didn't exist as a philosophy until the 1700s, also called the Enlightenment Period. This was coincidentally the time of the struggle of American independence. The struggle for religious freedom evolved into the struggle for political freedom, because you can't have religious freedom without a government enforcing the rights of citizens. I think it was Voltaire who officially declared atheism the year of the ratification of the American constitution. Nietzche and Kierkegaard were two of the proponents of atheism. America was founded on individual rights derived from natural laws stipulated by God to Israel via the Law of Moses. So we are connected to the God of the Old Testament. I have never heard of any philosophy or cult called Atheism before the Enlightenment. There was Stoicism, Epicureanism, and the Rationalism of the ancient Greeks, but the Greeks kept their gods. None were actual deniers of deity. Atheism therefore sprang up along with its partner liberalism as a Satanic reaction against America, because Satan hates America.  Atheism can never be proven, even if one could search the entire universe, because God is intrinsic in everything. We are proof that there is at least one first being who creates all form. Animals are proof of a Creator who needs not to be created. The generation of particles must occur by choice in a moment of real time-space. There must be some quality that is the life of the mind, and that must be from mind itself. Contrary to what many say, if you say there is no God, you must back it up. Why would it be up to someone else to prove the opposite? Atheism, like liberalism, is the philosophy and religion of the criminal mind.

While I don't agree with you on many points ... it is true that modern atheism begins in modern times.  How could it not, that is a tautology.

There are differences between atheism, deism and irreligion.  Voltaire was guilty of deism, and in a famous case he defended someone guilty of irreligion ... from Wiki ...

"Similarly in 1766, the French nobleman François-Jean de la Barre, was tortured, beheaded, and his body burned for alleged vandalism of a crucifix, a case that became a cause célèbre because Voltaire tried unsuccessfully to have the judgment reversed."

"The influential figure of Voltaire, spread deistic notions of to a wide audience. "After the French Revolution and its outbursts of atheism, Voltaire was widely condemned as one of the causes", wrote Blainey, "Nonetheless, his writings did concede that fear of God was an essential policeman in a disorderly world: 'If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him', wrote Voltaire"."

But Voltaire was not the first modern atheist ... that goes to French Catholic priest Jean Meslier.  Nor was Voltaire the only famous deist, or the first ... that goes to several people in the previous century ... Baruch Spinoza (my avatar), Thomas Hobbes and Lord Herbert of Cherbury.  A little prior research is your friend.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.