Triple suicide bombing kills 19, wounds 130 in Chad.

Started by Valigarmander, December 06, 2015, 02:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valigarmander

Fingers currently being pointed at Boko Haram.
QuoteFemale bombers blew themselves up and killed at least 15 others on an island in Lake Chad with security officials accusing the armed group Boko Haram of carrying out the deadly assault.

More than 130 people were also wounded in the attacks by at least three young women on a busy market on Saturday on the island of Koulfoua on the Chadian side of Lake Chad.

"The provisional death toll is 19 dead, including the four kamikazes, and 130 injured," state TV reported.
It was earlier reported at least 27 people were killed and 80 wounded.

Two of the blasts rang out from the centre of the market and a third in the street as people fled, security sources said.

No one claimed responsibility for the attacks, but officials pointed fingers at the armed group Boko Haram from neighbouring Nigeria.

General Banyaman Cossingar, Chad gendarmerie director general, confirmed the attack saying Boko Haram is suspected, the AP news agency reported.

Chad's government instituted a state of emergency in the Lake Chad region last month, saying the area had become a gathering point for Boko Haram fighters.

More than 5,000 soldiers have been deployed on islands and lakeside villages there.

Earlier this year, thousands of people fleeing Boko Haram sought refuge on the island although it was not immediately clear if they were still based there.

Boko Haram, which has led a six-year armed campaign in Nigeria, has stepped up attacks this year in Chad, Niger, and Cameroon after those countries agreed to fight the group. An estimated 20,000 people have been killed.

pr126

Islam forbids killing of innocents.
They are not real Muslims.
This has nothing to do with Islam.
Islam means peace.
What about Christian terrorist?
Remember the crusades.
What about the inqusitions.
Terrorism has no religion.
Every religion has it's own extremist.

Und so weiter.

Baruch

Or we can say that Africans are more violent, rather than Muslims are more violent.  Looking back at the conflicts in Sierra Leone, Liberia, Biafra, Congo, Rwanda etc ... that have no relationship with Islam ... how do you explain this?  Boko Haram is Muslim, but the others are not.  And there are a lot of sub-Saharan African immigrants, particularly in France ... so it isn't just a problem with Syrians.  Blacks are more "other" than even Syrians.  Only after I worked with African-Americans ... did I have data other than Hollywood ... that they are the same as I am.  And difference between us is due to normal personality differences I would have with anyone.  When we click ... we are friends (at least at work).  While I don't know any Muslims personally, I don't think the phenomena would be any different ... though people with constipated religious feeling would be a turn off, no matter which religion they follow ... I would have sympathy with their mania, but not want to be around it.  If it were possible to screen immigrants for mania, maybe we could have screened out that young woman who influenced her husband to join her in the San Bernardino attack.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.