who else is afraid donald trump will get elected?

Started by doorknob, November 29, 2015, 10:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

QuoteI am watching how the media is demonizing Trump.
All photos depict him in the worst possible unflattering light. He is portrayed as a loony.

Quote“Did you read about Starbucks? No more 'Merry Christmas' at Starbucks. No more. Maybe we should boycott Starbucks."

“We have to have a wall. We have to have a border. And in that wall we’re going to have a big fat door where people can come into the country, but they have to come in legally.”

“He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime. They’re rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they’re telling us what we’re getting.”

“I have a great relationship with the blacks. I’ve always had a great relationship with the blacks.”

“I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

Doooo go on. Please.

QuoteWell, he is not a democrat. In the USA that is worse that being a serial killer.

Ah... I see you understand American culture about as well as you do Islamic. Excellent.

You are a man out of your time in a land far from home; you truly do belong in 1930's South Carolina... you would fit in wonderfully.

I do find it amazing though that the two "harshest critics of Islam" on here (see; chronic liars and posters of misinformation) as well as the "one of the greatest critics of Islam" (Sultan) and that nutty Dutch or Danish guy who is "harsh on Islam" apparently think Trump is anything but looney. I thought of you two as actually... somewhat reasonable people... who had just bought into the fearmongering boogieman of the day.

Guess you learn something new everyday.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on December 09, 2015, 04:06:33 PM
Look at the bright side. Gun prices will go even lower.

Isn't it the opposite? As more people buy guns, depleting inventories, prices go up.

Hydra009

Quote from: pr126 on December 10, 2015, 02:30:48 AMWell, he is not a democrat. In the USA that is worse that being a serial killer.

I just showed this to my roommate.  We both hurt ourselves laughing.

GSOgymrat

Donald Trump Solidifies His Lead, but Leaves Many Nervous

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-solidifies-his-lead-but-leaves-many-nervous/ar-AAgfox9?ocid=spartandhp

Donald J. Trump occupies his strongest position yet in the race for the Republican presidential nomination, yet nearly two-thirds of American voters say they are concerned or frightened about the prospect of a Trump presidency, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News nationwide poll.

The poll was taken largely before his statement on Monday afternoon proposing to temporarily bar Muslims from entering the United States.

On the Democratic side, the poll found Hillary Clinton is maintaining her 20-point lead over Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont. The possibility of her winning the presidency in 2016 is only marginally more palatable to American voters than that of Mr. Trump.

Mr. Trump commands the support of 35 percent of Republican primary voters, leading his closest competitors, Senator Ted Cruz of Texas (16 percent) and Ben Carson (13 percent) by a more than 2-to-1 margin. While Mr. Carson’s support was cut in half since the last time The Times and CBS News polled on the race in late October, Mr. Cruz has quadrupled his share. Senator Marco Rubio of Florida’s support stands at 9 percent, with the rest of the candidates at 4 percent or less.

Enthusiasm for and attention to the campaign are higher among Republican primary voters than among their Democratic counterparts. A 54 percent majority of Democratic primary voters said they had made up their minds about who they will support, while 64 percent of Republicans say it is still too early to be sure. Majorities of Trump and Clinton supporters say their decision is firm.

Over all, 24 percent of voters expressed concern and 40 percent fear about what Mr. Trump would do if elected president, whereas 23 percent said they are concerned and 34 percent scared about the possibility of a Clinton presidency. Not surprisingly, voters were sharply divided along partisan lines.

While Republican voters were most likely to say they were excited (24 percent) or optimistic (41 percent), a full one-third of Republicans say they are concerned or scared about Mr. Trump. Mrs. Clinton’s base views her potential presidency more favorably than does Mr. Trump’s. Twenty-two percent of Democratic voters are excited and 54 percent are optimistic, while only 23 percent said they were concerned or scared.

The nationwide telephone poll was conducted Dec. 4-8 with 1,053 registered voters, including 431 Republican primary voters and 384 Democratic primary voters. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 4 percentage points for registered voters and plus or minus 6 percentage points each for Republican and Democratic primary voters.

TomFoolery

Quote from: Shiranu on December 10, 2015, 02:57:03 AM
Ah... I see you understand American culture about as well as you do Islamic. Excellent.

Maybe it's not that he misunderstands... maybe it's that he saw this obviously "legitimate" portrayal of American life and extrapolated it to all 321,000,000~ American citizens.

You know, it's exactly how like this image obviously explains the actions and motivations of the planet's more than 1,000,000,000 Muslims.

Sounds like someone needs a trip to Portland, Austin, San Francisco, or New York City.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on December 10, 2015, 02:30:48 AM
We want to show our solidarity with Muslims.
Anyone badmouths Muslims or Islam is persona non grata in the UK.

I am watching how the media is demonizing Trump.
All photos depict him in the worst possible unflattering light. He is portrayed as a loony.

Well, he is not a democrat. In the USA that is worse that being a serial killer.

The Demon-crats put fluoride in the water supply .. they are demon-ic ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Hayek's Road to Serfdom

In this pdf simplified format you will see both Trump and Hillary on step 9.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

widdershins

Quote from: Baruch on December 10, 2015, 01:13:17 PM
The Demon-crats put fluoride in the water supply .. they are demon-ic ;-)
It's an evil conspiracy...something involving teeth, I'm sure.  Probably tracking chips implanted at the dentist or something.  Don't want them falling out.

And they're behind meth, too.  They want all our teeth to fall out so we're completely unarmed when...new world order, or something.

Yeah, I know they're opposites.  They're still BOTH true!
This sentence is a lie...

GSOgymrat

Quote from: pr126 on December 10, 2015, 02:30:48 AM
Well, he is not a democrat. In the USA that is worse that being a serial killer.

I don't know about worse than being a serial killer, but Ted Cruz would say equivalent.

Ted Cruz lashes out: ‘The overwhelming majority of violent criminals are Democrats’

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/ted-cruz-lashes-out-the-overwhelming-majority-of-violent-criminals-are-democrats/

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) accused news outlets of covering up what he described as violent tendencies among Democrats.

“Here’s the simple and undeniable fact. The overwhelming majority of violent criminals are Democrats,” Cruz told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt. “The media doesn’t report that.”...

Baruch

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on December 10, 2015, 03:13:10 PM
Hayek's Road to Serfdom

In this pdf simplified format you will see both Trump and Hillary on step 9.

Link didn't work on my PC as expected ... it was a download, not a live document.

My great-grandfather ... in the Bohemian province of the Austro-Hungarian Empire ... was at step 14.  A foreign religion was enforced (Catholicism), conscription was enforced (on him and earlier on his father) and he was told what his profession was going to be ... his father was a wheat farmer but the Emperor Franz Joseph (who helped create WW I) knew there was a shortage of bakers, and ordered him (thru his minions of course) to be a baker.  So they took the difficult step of coming to the US in 1874 ... thereby avoiding the terrible WW I ... partly.  One of his sons was drafted and sent to France ... though the war stopped before he got to the Front ;-)

Notice how China wants to make it illegal to sell their stocks and bonds.  And India wants to confiscate private gold.  Russia of course has its own predictable autocracy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gerard

Quote from: Baruch on December 10, 2015, 06:19:31 PM
Link didn't work on my PC as expected ... it was a download, not a live document.

My great-grandfather ... in the Bohemian province of the Austro-Hungarian Empire ... was at step 14.  A foreign religion was enforced (Catholicism), conscription was enforced (on him and earlier on his father) and he was told what his profession was going to be ... his father was a wheat farmer but the Emperor Franz Joseph (who helped create WW I) knew there was a shortage of bakers, and ordered him (thru his minions of course) to be a baker.  So they took the difficult step of coming to the US in 1874 ... thereby avoiding the terrible WW I ... partly.  One of his sons was drafted and sent to France ... though the war stopped before he got to the Front ;-)

Notice how China wants to make it illegal to sell their stocks and bonds.  And India wants to confiscate private gold.  Russia of course has its own predictable autocracy.

I never knew Austria-Hungary was a communist state....

Gerard

Baruch

Quote from: Gerard on December 10, 2015, 07:05:24 PM
I never knew Austria-Hungary was a communist state....

Gerard

The primary form of society, for 5000 years, is totalitarianism.  Mostly monarchy and empires.  Austro-Hungary was a failing empire teetering on the abyss, since about 1866 (Bismark, of Prussia, leading pre-Imperial Germany, kicked their ass).  Of course Napoleon had done great damage before that, as had King Frederick the Great of Prussia.  Communism is just one form of modern totalitarianism.  The US has been totalitarian since 1865, with a brief respite from 1935 - 1965.  Democracy has been a failure everywhere it is tried.  Fortunately the mice in the maze still don't realize they are mice.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 10, 2015, 05:37:02 PM
I don't know about worse than being a serial killer, but Ted Cruz would say equivalent.

Ted Cruz lashes out: ‘The overwhelming majority of violent criminals are Democrats’

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/ted-cruz-lashes-out-the-overwhelming-majority-of-violent-criminals-are-democrats/

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) accused news outlets of covering up what he described as violent tendencies among Democrats.

“Here’s the simple and undeniable fact. The overwhelming majority of violent criminals are Democrats,” Cruz told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt. “The media doesn’t report that.”...

Ted Cruz is a Cuban-Canadian racist ... whose father, a theocrat, thinks is the second coming of Jesus.  Only a maniac would vote for him.  Unfortunately there are a lot of maniacs out there.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gerard

Quote from: Baruch on December 10, 2015, 07:10:44 PM
The primary form of society, for 5000 years, is totalitarianism.  Mostly monarchy and empires.  Austro-Hungary was a failing empire teetering on the abyss, since about 1866 (Bismark, of Prussia, leading pre-Imperial Germany, kicked their ass).  Of course Napoleon had done great damage before that, as had King Frederick the Great of Prussia.  Communism is just one form of modern totalitarianism.  The US has been totalitarian since 1865, with a brief respite from 1935 - 1965.  Democracy has been a failure everywhere it is tried.  Fortunately the mice in the maze still don't realize they are mice.

I see we have some disagreements there. But anyway. I don't know what your great-grandfather told his descendants but:
a) Forcing people to have a certain occupation was an aspect of the (Western) Roman Empire and Communist states. Not of Austria-Hungary.
b) Catholiscism wasn't forced there on anyone since at least the 17th century
c) Catholiscism wasn't foreign to Bohemia.
d) Austria-Hungary (Empire is a misnomer), although not a democracy as we would understand it nowadays was a fairly free set of countries, in which the rule of law was pretty well established for those times. Including full freedom of religion.
e) Many forces in that society may have tried to force people to do something they didn't like. Francis Joseph was most probably not one of them.

Gerard

Gerard

Quote from: Baruch on December 10, 2015, 07:12:27 PM
Ted Cruz is a Cuban-Canadian racist ... whose father, a theocrat, thinks is the second coming of Jesus.  Only a maniac would vote for him.  Unfortunately there are a lot of maniacs out there.

There is a YouTube movie with Ted's father preaching. I saw it. It's frightening!

Gerard