News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

WHO: Processed meats do cause cancer

Started by josephpalazzo, October 26, 2015, 02:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonb

Hakurei Reimu Then at the moment we have no argument. I personally think that the sort of food and the way it is used could be of itself a contributory factor in unhealthy lifestyles, but at the moment it is only speculation as there is to small an amount of hard evidence to back my inclination.

But it is interesting that although the two of us approach issues over diet from different directions we can both see the WHO report as so much paper spoilt.

Baruch
I live less than a mile from an area which is said to have the highest density of Jewish population in the world. When I was in advertising half my career was with Jewish firms, many of which had places in their boardrooms for rabbis to make sure they were ethical, If you think 'Kosher products' is any better maintained a standard than any other system, I would advise you to think again.

Baruch

This is back to ideal vs real.  I tend to push the real here ... there are plenty others to push the real.  So rabbis on boards fail to make them ethical?  And they don't listen or the rabbis stubborn their profession for filthy lucre ... say it isn't so!  Just like the SEC here, trying to regulate the stock and bond market ... in the city with the most number of Jews, NYC.  This may yet lead to new ethnic cleansing ;-((

But assuming things aren't on the up-and-up ... one rabbi said about the founding of modern Israel ... the only think worse than goyim, are Jewish goyim ;-(  If Jews don't stand for ethics above all else, then there is no point to being Jewish ... Jews are just another crooked tribe.  Not that Gentiles are bad as a group, anymore than Jews are good as a group ... in reality.  I am speaking of an ideal that has nearly died.  To me, the Diaspora Jews, who before WW II put ethics first, because they were so often the recipient of unethical behavior ... had a saying ... "don't make a stink among the Gentiles" ... it is bad enough if Gentiles think we are a threat .. it is worse to actually be a threat (and never numerous enough to make good on that threat is simply beau geste.  But that is exactly what Likud inverted, in WW I (Jewish Legion), in Palestine (terrorism against Palestinians and British), and in modern Israel.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

peacewithoutgod

Spending hours looking at computer screens is unhealthy too, probably cancerous. Brain tumors have nothing on blogs and narrow interest forums, which turn brains into jelly!
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.