Texas teenager arrested after a homemade clock was mistaken for a bomb

Started by drunkenshoe, September 17, 2015, 07:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Shiranu on September 28, 2015, 11:04:19 AM
Again, implying MSNBC is left wing...

Flash news: it is.

QuoteAgain, you lied straight through your teeth from a bullshit tabloid article.

All articles, either from tabloid or other venues, are bullshit. The problem with little brainless twits like you is you only believe those media outlets that reinforce your biases. In your case, left-wing propaganda outlets. The fact that you think MSNBC is not left wing speaks loud and clear that you are incapable of making such clear judgments.

QuoteAgain, maybe stop thinking your self some divine intellectual.

From someone like you who believes that Islam is a sacred cow to be defended at all absurd cost, that's rich.

Hijiri Byakuren

How could anyone think that MSNBC is anything but left wing? It's more left wing than The Young motherfucking Turks!

Secretly a Warsie.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Dictators out of favor with Washington, need all the PR they can get?  But our dictators are so much better ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

'Clock Boy’ Ahmed’s Dad: Incident will ‘Spread Islam’ in America

QuoteMohamed Elhassan Mohamed, father of ‘Clock Boy’ Ahmed, shared another 9/11 ‘Truther’ Facebook post, only this time in Arabic, claiming that the clock incident will lead to spreading Islam in America.

Inshallah.

QuoteAmerican society has come to live in fear of all that is Muslim or black due to the state-controlled media. And I would add:

It is a fear that will turn into confidence in all that is Muslim, because what the American media present is nothing more than a lie that has no relation to reality.

This will lead to the spread of Islam.

The Muslims are endowed with the noble qualities of their moralsâ€"they must exploit every opportunity to reveal the truth of Islam:

“Call the way to your Lord with wisdom and goodly exhortation, and have disputations with them in the best manner; surely your Lord best knows those who go astray from His path, and He knows best those who follow the right way.”â€"scripture from the Qur’an; Surat al-Nahl (The Bee), 16: 125

There you have it, You bigoted racist Islamophobes.  :sign0151:

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

A comment from another blog:

Quote“Moreover, what happened to Ahmed Mohammed would not have occurred were he not Muslim and Sudanese.”

True . . . were he not Muslim, he would not have been invited to the White House by Obama; he would not have been invited to NASA; he would not have been interviewed by various mainstream media hosts; nor would he have been offered a scholarship to attend MIT. or showered with expensive gifts. Instead, his flippant derriere would have been thrown unapologetically into the juvenile criminal justice system where it belongs.

Clearly an Islamophobe, a racist bigot.

drunkenshoe

joseph, you look so cute dressed confirmation bias head to toe. Esp. with that height.  :d030:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

josephpalazzo

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 17, 2015, 06:35:40 AM
joseph, you look so cute dressed confirmation bias head to toe. Esp. with that height.  :d030:

Oh please, you've definitely ran out of arguments. You can't accept the reality that this was a total sham. US media is as gullible as it comes, and the father of this kid took full advantage of that.

Shiranu

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 17, 2015, 06:43:29 AM
Oh please, you've definitely ran out of arguments. You can't accept the reality that this was a total sham. US media is as gullible as it comes, and the father of this kid took full advantage of that.

So the school and police were justified.

Good to know some of us don't hold our employees to any sort of standard.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Shiranu on October 17, 2015, 07:49:51 AM
So the school and police were justified.

Good to know some of us don't hold our employees to any sort of standard.

There's always room for improvement. But I don't see what the school or the police did was terribly wrong. Maybe they need to fine-tune their protocol, I don't see any reason to vilify them.

Shiranu

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 17, 2015, 08:00:17 AM
There's always room for improvement. But I don't see what the school or the police did was terribly wrong. Maybe they need to fine-tune their protocol, I don't see any reason to vilify them.

Yes, just don't follow any procedures as if there was a bomb threat, then arrest the kid anyways.

Close enough.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Shiranu on October 17, 2015, 08:01:33 AM
Yes, just don't follow any procedures as if there was a bomb threat, then arrest the kid anyways.

Close enough.

I think we've done this before, and I won't argue as it is a waste of time discussing anything with you, but for the record, from what I have read so far, the police was acting on a hoax bomb, not on a bomb threat. And when they realized it wasn't even a hoax bomb, they released the kid. If you think that is so horrible, get a grip. 

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 17, 2015, 01:22:26 PM

Texas is a strange place.
I know which kid I'd be more scared to see on the street.  Hint: it's not the one in glasses.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

drunkenshoe

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 17, 2015, 06:43:29 AM

I see that confirmation bias outfit is pretty felxible, because you are still bending backwards and forwards to deflect.

This is about how the police responded to a kid with a clock. WHo cares about his father. Pfffft.

But if you are going to make an argument how unexpected is a thing for a politician -or someone in general - to take advantage of something happened to them in American societ, I'd like to watch that. Would be amusing. :lol:

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp