Texas teenager arrested after a homemade clock was mistaken for a bomb

Started by drunkenshoe, September 17, 2015, 07:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: Shiranu on September 22, 2015, 05:43:56 PM

"Known as a Sharia Law activist" who's Sudanese presidential platform called for the abolition of apostasy laws, the institution of "laws that conform to international conventions on human rights that would achieve social justice and assert individual freedoms" and complying with all international treaties that deal with human rights.

And he received less that 1% of the vote. OH yeah preach on shir how the mooslims are mostly moderate….
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Poison Tree on September 22, 2015, 05:26:56 PM
"Known as a Sharia Law activist" who's Sudanese presidential platform called for the abolition of apostasy laws, the institution of "laws that conform to international conventions on human rights that would achieve social justice and assert individual freedoms" and complying with all international treaties that deal with human rights. Too bad he only received 0.76% of the votes in 2015 (and wasn't even on the ballot in 2010).

Fine, he's a politician, and saying the pc right thing when you don't have a chance of winning doesn't merit much in my book. I'm not saying that the guy has evil intentions. I don't know him. I don't know Mark Cuban either. Is he lying? I don't know. Is he telling the truth? I don't know. I wasn't there. You weren't there. Do we know that what comes out from the media true? Not really.

But in the context of what has come out, anyone who holds to the view that this is a story of a young man arrested because he is a Muslim is a bit naïve.

Shiranu

Quote from: aitm on September 22, 2015, 05:48:43 PM
"Known as a Sharia Law activist" who's Sudanese presidential platform called for the abolition of apostasy laws, the institution of "laws that conform to international conventions on human rights that would achieve social justice and assert individual freedoms" and complying with all international treaties that deal with human rights.

And he received less that 1% of the vote. OH yeah preach on shir how the mooslims are mostly moderate….

Lol. And Russia is still deeply homophobic. OH yeah, preach on how the West is mostly moderate...

Still waiting to see what was made up, and for you to hold PR and J. to hold to the same standards.

QuoteBut in the context of what has come out, anyone who holds to the view that this is a story of a young man arrested because he is a Muslim is a bit naïve.

Do tell, what was the police's motivation then given that no one apparently ever thought it really was a bomb or even a bomb threat?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Shiranu on September 22, 2015, 05:53:06 PM

Do tell, what was the police's motivation then given that no one apparently ever thought it really was a bomb or even a bomb threat?

You would have to ask them. Good luck.

Poison Tree

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 22, 2015, 02:16:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGit-XltUB4
Here is something I don't understand: when Jorge Ramos says this was because the teen was Muslim, Bill Maher vehemently objects. But Maher also goes on a speal about how the arrest was understandable because, in part, young Muslim men blow shit up. Doesn't this imply that even Maher thinks that the teen being a Muslim had a little something to do with his being arrested?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Poison Tree on September 22, 2015, 06:30:50 PM
Here is something I don't understand: when Jorge Ramos says this was because the teen was Muslim, Bill Maher vehemently objects. But Maher also goes on a speal about how the arrest was understandable because, in part, young Muslim men blow shit up. Doesn't this imply that even Maher thinks that the teen being a Muslim had a little something to do with his being arrested?

Yes, but you need to take his statement in the context of what was being discussed in that show: not more than 25 miles away from the school incident, a Muslim extremist attempted to kill a cartoonist who had drawn a picture of Mohammed, that the student had not engaged the teachers when he presented himself in several classes with the clock, and for a teacher refusing to alert the authorities solely on the ground that it might be due his "white privilege", which Maher said in a mocking tone. I believe that Maher's statement about the young teen being a Muslim must be taken in that context. You can't just focus on a statement, and disregard the context in which it was said.

Shiranu

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 22, 2015, 06:27:10 PM
You would have to ask them. Good luck.

Right.

So in a state renowned for it's bigotry, it's completely irrational to believe that police arrested a kid of colour and the wrong religion because of bigotry... especially when they admit he did nothing wrong and no one believed it was a bomb (hence the reason 0 protocol for bomb threats being followed). All in a city that is recently dealing with a non-issue of, "OMG SHARIA TAKING OVER!!! MUSLIMS ARE GOING TO GET US!".

Yeah, that seems totally improbable, especially considering when the same thing happens with a white kid bringing a clock or an actual bomb to school (as linked before) there is no reaction from anyone; the teachers, the police, no one.

I am sure his minority status didn't at all play a role.

Why is everyone so quick to jump on the bandwagon of, "DEM TEXANS SURE BE BIGOTS!", but as soon as the bigotry is against someone they don't like... "Nah, Texas? I could never imagine bigotry happening there! It has to be the minorities' fault! Look... here is 6 pages of lies, clearly it was all the brown guys fault!".

Weird how that works...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Poison Tree

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 22, 2015, 06:49:41 PM
Yes, but you need to take his statement in the context of what was being discussed in that show: not more than 25 miles away from the school incident, a Muslim extremist attempted to kill a cartoonist who had drawn a picture of Mohammed, that the student had not engaged the teachers when he presented himself in several classes with the clock, and for a teacher refusing to alert the authorities solely on the ground that it might be due his "white privilege", which Maher said in a mocking tone. I believe that Maher's statement about the young teen being a Muslim must be taken in that context. You can't just focus on a statement, and disregard the context in which it was said.
I don't think I did disregard  the context. Surly the mention of the nearness of a Muslim terrorist attack only serves to emphasize Maher's point that we have reason to be suspect of Muslims--not only do they blow things up, but they shot (or tried to shoot) people recently and close to this school. Yes, Maher mentioned other factors--"in part" was intended to signal my recognition of that--but surly the focus on Muslims as terrorists and the recent Muslim terror attack in Texas were indications that Maher believes that the teen being a Muslim did and, in Maher's opinion, should have played a roll in the response to the device he brought to school.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Shiranu on September 22, 2015, 06:58:03 PM
Right.

So in a state renowned for it's bigotry, it's completely irrational to believe that police arrested a kid of colour and the wrong religion because of bigotry... especially when they admit he did nothing wrong and no one believed it was a bomb (hence the reason 0 protocol for bomb threats being followed). All in a city that is recently dealing with a non-issue of, "OMG SHARIA TAKING OVER!!! MUSLIMS ARE GOING TO GET US!".

Yeah, that seems totally improbable, especially considering when the same thing happens with a white kid bringing a clock or an actual bomb to school (as linked before) there is no reaction from anyone; the teachers, the police, no one.

I am sure his minority status didn't at all play a role.

Why is everyone so quick to jump on the bandwagon of, "DEM TEXANS SURE BE BIGOTS!", but as soon as the bigotry is against someone they don't like... "Nah, Texas? I could never imagine bigotry happening there! It has to be the minorities' fault! Look... here is 6 pages of lies, clearly it was all the brown guys fault!".

Weird how that works...

Please cut out the crap, and stick to the issue. The boy was arrested on suspicion. There was no bomb. He was released. That would have been the end if the story had it  not been sensationalized. You would have to ask why it was sensationalized ? Who has profited from that? Certainly, not the police.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Poison Tree on September 22, 2015, 07:07:24 PM
I don't think I did disregard  the context. Surly the mention of the nearness of a Muslim terrorist attack only serves to emphasize Maher's point that we have reason to be suspect of Muslims--not only do they blow things up, but they shot (or tried to shoot) people recently and close to this school. Yes, Maher mentioned other factors--"in part" was intended to signal my recognition of that--but surly the focus on Muslims as terrorists and the recent Muslim terror attack in Texas were indications that Maher believes that the teen being a Muslim did and, in Maher's opinion, should have played a roll in the response to the device he brought to school.

Yes, he acknowledged it, but as I previously said, it was said within a context of several facts. I don't remember him saying that: just on the fact he was Muslim, and only that fact alone, he should be arrested!!!

Poison Tree

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 22, 2015, 07:15:29 PM
I don't remember him saying that: just on the fact he was Muslim, and only that fact alone, he should be arrested!!!
Nor do I remember saying that he did.

pr126

Irving Mayor: Ahmed Mohamed’s Family Blocking Release of Records; Obama Tweeted Support Even Before “Clock” Pic Released
QuoteLast night, Irving Texas Mayor Beth Van Duyne revealed that the family of Ahmed Mohammed has repeatedly refused to meet with city officials, refused to released records exonerating police conduct, and that President Obama had tweeted about the case even before pictures of the so-called “clock” were publicly available.

Appearing on Glenn Beck’s The Blaze TV, Van Duyne noted how reporting on the interaction between Mohammed and police had been remarkably one-sided, in part because the Mohammed family refused to release records noting:

“As a juvenile, they can not release those records. The school district, a number of times, has asked the family, to release the records, so that you can have the balanced story out there. The family is ignoring the request from the ISD.”

Van Duyne told Beck it would “help to describe why it progressed as it did” if the records were available. “Nobody is going to walk in and say, ‘oh you’re a 14-year old child, you’re totally cooperating, we have all the answers we need, let’s arrest you,’” Van Duyne added.

A spokesperson for the Irving Police Department has said there have been multiple open records requests for the full police reporting, but that those requests remained in the hands of the city’s legal advisor. The available police report describes the event only as, “…Arrestee being in possession of a hoax bomb at MacArthur High School.”

Van Duyne said that according to the information she had seen, Mohammed had been “non-responsive” and “passive aggressive” in response to questions from police officers.

The refusal to amiably resolve the situation continued as the family rushed to bring Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) representatives into the case, and repeatedly cancelled meetings with the school district and city officials before finally speaking to the media.

“We had tried to reach out to the family a number of times; this was before it ever even hit the papers on Wednesday,” Van Duyne said pointing out that the family repeatedly canceled attempts to discuss the matter.

“At the exact same time they were supposed to be meeting with us, they were on their front lawn with a press conference,“ she said.

Van Duyne also pointed out that President Obama, like many others, had rushed to judgment before the facts in the case had become available.

“We never even got a call from anybody at the White House asking to verify any of that information. I don’t think the picture of the hoax bomb was even released before he tweeted ‘cool clock kid.’” Van Duyne said.
Cui bono?

Shiranu

And now Glenn Beck's program is being cited.

Tier 1 brilliance. I tip my hat to you, dear sir, you have outdone yourself.

CrucifyCindy

Quote from: Shiranu on September 23, 2015, 01:42:29 AM
And now Glenn Beck's program is being cited.

Tier 1 brilliance. I tip my hat to you, dear sir, you have outdone yourself.

I am still waiting for someone to cite Alex Jones. Afterall Mark Cuban is now an accurate source of information they might as well go balls out and cite Alex Jones or maybe Bristol Palin
“Rational thought is a failed experiment and should be phased out.”
 William S. Burroughs

حسن اÙ,,صباح - Ù,,يس هناك Ù...ا هو صحيح ØŒ ÙƒÙ,, شيء Ù...سÙ...وح به