News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Refugee Crisis

Started by stromboli, September 01, 2015, 11:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Most Laconic statement by any authoritarian ever ... "So?" - Darth Cheney.

Yes, the British Isles are very confusing, with many different peoples involved over time.  Given my ancestry from that geography ... I never know who to root for ... the Celts, Romans, Anglo-Saxons, Vikings or Normans.  It is like having gone to more than one university, and needing to be loyal to all their mutually competing sports teams at the same time ;-))

Perhaps it is the fault of plate tectonics.  The hills were vales and the vales were hills, when the Romans built it ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

jonb

Quote from: Baruch on October 12, 2015, 01:10:22 PM
Perhaps it is the fault of plate tectonics.  The hills were vales and the vales were hills, when the Romans built it ;-)

Oh yes Britain is famed for the volcanoes and earthquakes moving the island about like soft cheese over the last two millennium. Your line looks like a very desperate and futile attempt to dismiss evidence.

Further you seem to want to represent me as being biased, for or against one tribe or another, just because I think an assessment should be made that is accurate rather than with a presumption you seem happy with. I thought you could see with more clarity than that.

Honestly, You seem to give infowars unquestioning support and then dismiss basic fact. Is it any wonder that those who run your particular Empire walk all over you.

Baruch

Quote from: jonb on October 12, 2015, 01:52:20 PM
Oh yes Britain is famed for the volcanoes and earthquakes moving the island about like soft cheese over the last two millennium. Your line looks like a very desperate and futile attempt to dismiss evidence.

Further you seem to want to represent me as being biased, for or against one tribe or another, just because I think an assessment should be made that is accurate rather than with a presumption you seem happy with. I thought you could see with more clarity than that.

Honestly, You seem to give infowars unquestioning support and then dismiss basic fact. Is it any wonder that those who run your particular Empire walk all over you.

Wow .. I didn't understand half of that ... keep it up!  English class is in session ;-)  And don't take politics seriously unless there is a politician in the room with his hand in your pocket.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

jonb

Quote from: Baruch on October 12, 2015, 11:01:34 PM
Wow .. I didn't understand half of that ... keep it up!  English class is in session ;-)  And don't take politics seriously unless there is a politician in the room with his hand in your pocket.

As one with learning difficulties, (I am strongly dyslexic and could hardly read a book until I was fifteen) I imagined that most people understood everything they read. A lot of people presume that to be the case as well.
However in studying the subject partly to overcome my difficulties, one learns that a 50% comprehension and retention level is actually quite a good average standard. I am satisfied therefore you have a pretty good assessment of my given position.

Politicians have a hand in ones pocket whether they be in the room or not. I have a preference to have the politician in the room rather than far away in the capital of some Empire or another, because the politician in the room with me is easier to slap.

Baruch

Note taken.  This medium often requires awareness of other posts in a string not directly referenced, and possibly awareness of whole other strings ... when the personality of someone is in question.  I wasn't trying to mock you, hence my confusion.  I also tend to easily mix multiple posts and strings into one big stew.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: jonb on October 12, 2015, 09:50:48 AM

There this though, if you do you may start to notice how many gatehouses are built on the top of cliffs or in other places where no path could get to, but if they were to have moved the fort a few hundred yards it would be just the right spot for a gate. But then that standardisation would be broken.

Why is it that empires require standardisation even over efficiency, and seem to hate diversity?

Because they are not about benefiting the people within them but about enforcing control even stupid bureaucratic idiocy they present as a good thing, 'its great its the same stupid everywhere'.

Voices of authority don't like questions about The Roman Empire, because that leads to questions about every Empire.

I think you've got this wrong.  I doubt it very much that standardization is the driven force. The concept of building a wall proved to be very efficient as a defensive measure, and so was repeated throughout the globe... until someone invented the cannon, which made them useless.

And how is this related to hating diversity??? Most cities of the past were made of diverse people.

Munch

I'm honestly concerned about our current NHS crisis we have here in the uk, the debt the NHS is facing right now is astronomical.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/nhs/11921381/NHS-faces-biggest-financial-crisis-in-a-generation.html
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/oct/09/nhs-trusts-in-england-run-up-almost-1bn-deficit-in-three-months

With the growth of so many more coming into the country, the stability of the NHS is becoming even more of a threat. I've been lucky to have been born in a country that has a health service that gives me free support for my diabetes and other medical needs, but it worries me if this could all collapse. Its fearful enough keeping my condition in check every day, and some nights fearing if I'll go into a hypo in the night, like I did once when I was a teenager, ending up in hospital.

Everyone wants stability, and this current crisis is leading towards an unstable situation that hasn't been given a solution, what good is having so many people coming to a country with the offer of free health service, is that health service collapses because of that influx of people?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

jonb

Quote from: Munch on October 13, 2015, 11:25:55 AM
I'm honestly concerned about our current NHS crisis we have here in the uk, the debt the NHS is facing right now is astronomical.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/nhs/11921381/NHS-faces-biggest-financial-crisis-in-a-generation.html
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/oct/09/nhs-trusts-in-england-run-up-almost-1bn-deficit-in-three-months

With the growth of so many more coming into the country, the stability of the NHS is becoming even more of a threat. I've been lucky to have been born in a country that has a health service that gives me free support for my diabetes and other medical needs, but it worries me if this could all collapse. Its fearful enough keeping my condition in check every day, and some nights fearing if I'll go into a hypo in the night, like I did once when I was a teenager, ending up in hospital.

Everyone wants stability, and this current crisis is leading towards an unstable situation that hasn't been given a solution, what good is having so many people coming to a country with the offer of free health service, is that health service collapses because of that influx of people?

Bit for Brits.
As a Brit like you Munch and most people in this country we really value our system which gives free health care at the point of need. Though it has problems, like politicians do not fund it fully. This has meant one of the easiest things to cut back within it has been training. Which in turn has meant we do not produce enough qualified staff to man the health service from this country. Thus to run the NHS it has been necessary to import people to run it. Thus the NHS itself is a cause of immigration. Also I should mention your treatment is being paid for by everyone in this country that is working legally, as such you should thank the immigrants that are working in this country and paying their taxes for supporting the system you want and personally need.

Part of the reason why the conservative party is trying to introduce private companies into the NHS is that a nationalised system that the NHS is would be in variance to the international trade agreements that they want us to sign up to. Those agreements like the one mentioned in the OP of another thread would make the NHS an impossibility.

Back to everyone

You can see that the Brits like their funny little individual system and we do not want what is on offer in the standardised globalisation that is being foisted on us.

This is why a politics of empire and standard cities all the same is evidently a bad thing. We have to be allowed our difference!

Baruch

The destruction of a public institution is frequently deliberate.  I would call that treason.  We are doing that here in the US, with the Post Office.  Benjamin Franklin was the most evil communist of all time, and his nefarious plans from the grave must be stopped.  Right now pols with special connections, are getting to sell off small country post offices at a very nice profit.  Of course these are in fact public property of the people, but selling off public property as if it were private ... is the very acme of kleptocratic suicide.  Legalized theft.

After the US Borg assimilates Britain, we will convert all your people into fembots with gun boobs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTv9AhCuSU4

Individuality is so passe'
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: jonb on October 13, 2015, 01:31:34 PM

Back to everyone

You can see that the Brits like their funny little individual system and we do not want what is on offer in the standardised globalisation that is being foisted on us.

This is why a politics of empire and standard cities all the same is evidently a bad thing. We have to be allowed our difference!

The only standardization I can think of is the metric system, which I think is a good thing. One country resisting this is the US which is still loyal to the British system. Oh the irony!

Baruch

Americans can't admit the French were right ;-)  The English uncharacteristically wavered and folded ... except for the pound, though they did decimalize it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 14, 2015, 07:01:01 AM
Americans can't admit the French were right ;-)  The English uncharacteristically wavered and folded ... except for the pound, though they did decimalize it.

Prior to 2003, Americans loved the French. With Bush gone, the love affair has been renewed.

Baruch

The French were uncooperative over Reagan's raid against Libya.  They are very good at being uncooperative ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 14, 2015, 07:22:40 AM
The French were uncooperative over Reagan's raid against Libya.  They are very good at being uncooperative ;-)

The French know a lot more about North Africa than the Americans. Reagan should have listened.

jonb

The foreign policy of the British upper classes has had one consistent goal for the last five hundred years. To stop any one power uniting or taking control of Europe . This could be by fighting emergent powers, or by joining the EU and encouraging them to extend it so much that it becomes economically useless.
The realisation of American industrial power in the 1920s has meant that British thinking in Whitehall is that Britain's best hope is to be America's poodle. De Gaulle recognised that and worked his best to exclude Britain from Europe.

QuoteWhen I am right, I get angry. Churchill gets angry when he is wrong. We are angry at each other much of the time.
Charles De Gaulle