All is foregiven if you are FAKE friends.

Started by Solitary, August 31, 2015, 09:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

http://www.billboard.com/articles/events/vma/6678715/vmas-kanye-west-full-speech-video-vanguard?utm_source=Microsoft&utm_campaign=Syndication&utm_medium=Taylor+Swift%2C+Kanye+West+Big+Winners+At+2015+VMAs

Following a storied and troubled history with MTV and its Video Music Awards, Kanye West came to the stage to accept the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award with a big announcement: that he's running for president in 2020.

The rapper took the stage after an extended introduction from Taylor Swift. "I first met Kanye West six years ago at this show, actually," said the pop star, referring to an incident at the 2009 VMAs where he interrupted her mid-speech while she was accepting an award. "Since then, we've had a lot of time to talk about a lot of different things. It seemed like everyone in the world knew about our infamous encounter at the VMAs."

She continued by stating that his debut, The College Dropout, was the "first album that me and my brother bought on iTunes at 12 years old." Swift then referred to the incident by paraphrasing what he infamously said: "I'm really happy for you, and I'ma let you finish, but Kanye West has had one of the greatest careers of all time. Right now, I'm honored to present the 2015 Vanguard Award to my friend, Kanye West."

West's most notable VMA moment was his controversial stage-crash at the 2009 ceremony. While Taylor Swift was accepting the trophy for "You Belong With Me," which nabbed Best Female Video, the rapper crashed the stage to declare that Beyonce should have won for "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" that he termed "one of the best videos of all time." The fallout was immenseâ€"even President Barack Obama called him a "jackass" when asked about the gaffe. West later apologized on Jay Leno, saying, "It was rude, period."

Six years later, West had a few thoughts -- including some insight into his five-year plan -- as his wife, Kim Kardashian-West, stood side by side with Swift. Read the full text of the speech below: GO TO SOURCE!
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.