beating my head against a wall here

Started by GrinningYMIR, August 30, 2015, 01:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

Okay techies I need some help, so I have win 8.1, which I hate but can't get rid of so don't say that, and I really want to play C&C generals. No problem, game runs fine on win 8.1

My fucking PC keeps spitting out the CD on its own with no provocation. The game can't install because the PC literally spits out he disk before its done which I have never seen in my life. Its infuriating. I don't have the money to buy the online version and I can't ask for it because I'll get bitvhed out but more importantly. I HAVE THE GAME ALREADY, ITS IN MY FUCKING HAND. I SHOULDNT HAVE TO BUY IT AGAIN WHEN ITS IN MY HAND MAN

So! Anyone have any advice on how to get this working? I Really really want to play this damn thing and its working fine until the PC goes "lol, fuk u m8" and spits the cd out.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hijiri Byakuren

That used to happen to me when they started putting games on DVDs and I didn't understand that my CD-ROM drive wouldn't take it. Is it possible that you're having the opposite problem? Like, your disc drive just doesn't take CDs?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

GrinningYMIR

I guess maybe, is thee a work around for it?
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on August 30, 2015, 04:58:22 PM
I guess maybe, is thee a work around for it?
Well if that is indeed the case, your only other option is to buy a CD-ROM drive and install it into your PC. And in that case, just getting a downloaded copy would undoubtedly be cheaper.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

GrinningYMIR

So unless I torrent it or shell out the 20 I don't have, no generals

Lame

Hydra009

It could be a damaged cd or some sort of problem with the optical drive.  You could try it on another computer to narrow it down.  But either way, you're probably going to have to go with a digital copy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeNDzbFv2f8

GrinningYMIR

My laptop won't run it because it's cursed, thinking online or bust

doorknob

Um last time I checked they don't even put games on DVDs any more. Yeah you buy a dvd but the actual game still has to download from off the internet. So if you don't have internet you can get the game you just purchased.