Kid Gloves Atheism and Eastern Philosophy

Started by CrucifyCindy, August 24, 2015, 02:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

CrucifyCindy ... yes, vegetarians are the ultimate "you never expected this" threat.  Hitler was a vegetarian too.  It is the watermelon seeds you swallowed, they are still inside you!  Did you ever see the Japanese film, "Attack Of The Mushroom People" ... said to compete with "Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes" as worst film of all time.  But I have to admit, mushrooms are fungi ... maybe they are the overlords of the Pod People.

http://atheistforums.com/index.php?action=post;topic=8261.105;last_msg=1088593

In America, ketchup is considered a vegetable in the food triangle for school children ... maybe that is part of their diabolical plan!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

irontiger

The short answer atheists give is that they don't take Eastern Philosophy (religion, etc) seriously.  The best atheists can do is cherry pick and claim the rest of them are like this.  I don't think an Atheist would win an argument against them, so therefore would not bother trying to engage.

Mike Cl

Hard to keep up with this guy's intellect. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

QuoteThe short answer atheists give is that they don't take Eastern Philosophy (religion, etc) seriously.

I think something get's lost in translation; as far as I know no atheist I've met has any issue with Eastern philosophy but rather Eastern mysticism. The morals I think most atheists would actually generally agree with, but the logics and logistics of how Eastern mysticism attempts to arrive at them are open to question, as it should be. No one should have to accept any one's word on how the world should be, and even the Buddha was reportedly strongly opposed to dogma.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Old thread but an interesting one.  I think the original post suggests that the poster didn't know a lot about atheism.