News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on June 22, 2016, 07:10:02 AM
Hold everything.  Now they're going to do a Blade Runner sequel.

http://collider.com/blade-runner-2-poster/

Fingers crossed so it will be a good one.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

I heard someone say that Warcraft was just a big budget fan film rather then a well told movie.. which.. yeah, thats pretty much how I'd describe it, but from knowing the warcraft lore, thats really all warcraft is, the games writing was never to the level of game of thrones or lords of the rings, and this really was the best they could pull off.
Its just the fact that it MMO made so much money they were able to make the movie
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 21, 2016, 06:05:29 AM
That's essentially what happens.  They hit us where it hurts and most of the world's population dies.  Then, instead of waiting for nature to take its course, they go on foot to deal the survivors on an unexpectedly level playing field.  It doesn't make much sense.
It made perfect sense to me. The "alien invasion" was faked by the NWO by projecting a spaceship in the sky or building a space ship and putting it up in the sky to fool everyone into thinking there was an invasion. The NWO then wipes out millions/ billions of people, and the army brainwashes the young people into killing their fellow Americans (everyone who isn't microchipped) by telling them that their fellow Americans are really aliens that have the technology to disguise themselves as humans.

Hydra009

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on June 26, 2016, 05:01:43 PMIt made perfect sense to me. The "alien invasion" was faked by the NWO by projecting a spaceship in the sky or building a space ship and putting it up in the sky to fool everyone into thinking there was an invasion. The NWO then wipes out millions/ billions of people, and the army brainwashes the young people into killing their fellow Americans (everyone who isn't microchipped) by telling them that their fellow Americans are really aliens that have the technology to disguise themselves as humans.
Heh.  That's an interesting fan theory, though I've always found it strange how the NWO allegedly wants to wipe out millions/billions of its own people and destroy a ton of major cities in the process apparently just for the hell of it.  Though I suppose that's to be expected; tinfoil doesn't do a good job of closing plot holes.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: JBCuzISaidSo on June 22, 2016, 01:15:42 AM
"Download"? Why the fuck for? Do people still do that?

Just watch until you need to own:

http://www.putlocker.is
Bandwidth is bandwidth. I don't recommend wasting it on the movie

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on June 22, 2016, 07:10:02 AMHold everything.  Now they're going to do a Blade Runner sequel.

http://collider.com/blade-runner-2-poster/
It's been so long since I saw the first Blade Runner.  Did it even have room for a sequel?  Regardless, it seems like a bad idea.  Also, is Hollywood greenlighting any original content anymore is it just reboots and sequels from now to eternity?

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 26, 2016, 06:19:10 PM
It's been so long since I saw the first Blade Runner.  Did it even have room for a sequel?  Regardless, it seems like a bad idea.  Also, is Hollywood greenlighting any original content anymore is it just reboots and sequels from now to eternity?

There isn't a lot of room for a sequel.  Blade Runner was a self contained plot with a beginning and an end.  Mike Deckert and his love rode off into the sunset to live happily ever after (depending on which of the three cuts you watched).  Supposedly, they are no longer available to round up errant androids on Earth, but if there needs to be a sequel, Hollywood will come up with something.

I doubt today's film industry can recapture the magic of the first one.  I can't even explain the magic, but it's essential to that particular film.  And nobody has tried to recapture whatever indefinable quality there was about the film, either because they didn't think it was worth it, or more likely, they just can't.

Blade Runner is an example of a movie that outshines the original source, at least in my opinion.  I recently got around to reading the book and wasn't impressed, but some people think the book is better.

Edit to add:  The original release, Theatrical Cut 1982, is the best one.  It includes occasional narratives done in 1940's private eye style, from Mike Deckart.  It adds an old time noir to a futuristic movie that I think is quite effective.  Two other releases, the Director's Cut and Final Cut took that narration out and neither resolves the ending as well as the original Theatrical Cut 1982.  There was also a Theatrical Cut for outside of the US, which is bloodier, but I haven't watched that one.

SGOS

Independence Day  3/10

For all the grandeur and special effects, this is a trivial boring movie.  The first one 20 years ago, wasn't great, but this one is exceptionally unimportant.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 26, 2016, 05:18:57 PM
Heh.  That's an interesting fan theory, though I've always found it strange how the NWO allegedly wants to wipe out millions/billions of its own people and destroy a ton of major cities in the process apparently just for the hell of it.  Though I suppose that's to be expected; tinfoil doesn't do a good job of closing plot holes.

Evil dictators are the most rational people around.  You still don't get that you are a liability, not an asset, and the bill is coming due.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 26, 2016, 05:18:57 PM
Don't ask me why the NWO would want to do that. Ask the people who made the movie. Maybe the movie makers took inspiration from what the conspiracy theorists say about the NWO, and that's why they made the movie that way. A week or two after I saw the Fifth Wave, I saw the beginning of the new season of The X Files. The show had the exact same storyline as the Fifth Wave where you have a fake alien invasion, and when I saw that I knew that my immediate interpretation of the Fifth Wave was probably right. I don't actually think that the NWO is going to do a fake alien invasion IRL and kill billions of people, but Hollywood has certainly been pushing this theme lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqOfxDWbBio

Hydra009

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on June 27, 2016, 08:09:02 PMDon't ask me why the NWO would want to do that. Ask the people who made the movie.
Wait a sec, the NWO interpretation of events is canon?  Like "Hey guys, time to fire up the ol' earthquake machine so we can kill tons of people just because" is something an actual writer came up with?  Seriously?!

Baruch

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on June 27, 2016, 08:09:02 PM
Don't ask me why the NWO would want to do that. Ask the people who made the movie. Maybe the movie makers took inspiration from what the conspiracy theorists say about the NWO, and that's why they made the movie that way. A week or two after I saw the Fifth Wave, I saw the beginning of the new season of The X Files. The show had the exact same storyline as the Fifth Wave where you have a fake alien invasion, and when I saw that I knew that my immediate interpretation of the Fifth Wave was probably right. I don't actually think that the NWO is going to do a fake alien invasion IRL and kill billions of people, but Hollywood has certainly been pushing this theme lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqOfxDWbBio

They are crowd testing ideas for the next world war.  Marketing research.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on June 27, 2016, 07:11:48 AM
Evil dictators are the most rational people around.  You still don't get that you are a liability, not an asset, and the bill is coming due.

How is that people are not just assets for evil dictators -like there could be a good dictator lol? Human is just a source; actually the cheapest asset to them.  :lol:

SGOS

The Shallows

Woman surfer is stranded on a reef in a remote bay patrolled by a man eating shark.  Not bad for a fairly common thriller scenario.  I was tense while watching, which is what a thriller is supposed to do to you, so 6/10.