Did You Know You Are A Simulation?

Started by Solitary, June 28, 2015, 04:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

dtq123

Eww... Someone IS watching me touch myself.
:eyes:
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Baruch

This is a bit of scientism.  Back in the 19th century, the new hot technology was steam engines.  People back then imagined that people were a kind of engine.  Today was have computers ... so people imagine that they are a kind of computer.  And this is why AI never quite works ... because a computer isn't alive and isn't conscious.  This is something where Turing was wrong.  On the other hand, if you re-define computer to include organic tissue and DNA to be a program (gene expression is much more complicated than that) ... then you are begging the question.  Electronics is not alive, no matter what Johnny Five says ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

imma simulation? i agree symbolically

aitm

Do have ta watch all 19 f-in minutes? Is there a written version? I hate wasting time a learnin shit and stuff....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Somebody said that ... if you can't express it in a single sentence, then you don't know what you are talking about yet.  But then maybe it was a simpleton who said that ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.