News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Girl Can't Say No!

Started by Solitary, June 26, 2015, 09:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

:rotflmao:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=bristol+palin+pregnant&form=prhps1&refig=0bd7f20b88e343b4b00e170a16a7a5d2

Could Bristol Palin be the ultimate hypocrite? The single teen mom made thousands of dollars promoting abstinence after she gave birth to son Tripp in 2008, and RadarOnline.com has confirmed that she is pregnant out of wedlock yet again!

Bristol admitted the news Thursday after being contacted by Radar about rumors out of Wasilla.

“I wanted you to be the first to know that I am pregnant,” she wrote on her blog. “Honestly, I’ve been trying my hardest to keep my chin up on this one.”

“At the end of the day there’s nothing I can’t do with God by my side, and I know I am fully capable of handling anything that is put in front of me with dignity and grace,” she continued, admitting, “I know this has been, and will be, a huge disappointment to my family, to my close friends, and to many of you.”
Insiders told Radar that rumors about her pregnancy have been running wild in Wasilla for weeks.

Just say no doesn't work in the heat of the moment.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

TomFoolery

I saw this an I have to admit, it is a sad irony that she is once again pregnant.

Yet the feminist in me still believes that no one deserves to be slut-shamed, not even slut-shamers, and I fear that's all that will really come out of this.

Maybe that's too Christian of an attitude to have: judge not, lest ye be judged and whatnot.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Solitary

My point to make is that the method of birth control of abstinence doesn't work, when even the most die hard person that says to use it gets pregnant twice. I have never even thought a girl or woman that is promiscuous is to be looked down upon, but I think not using actual birth control that works is irresponsible and stupid. For her mother to push for abstinence only is also irresponsible and stupid, or anyone else that is in La La Land and thinks having a baby is a gift from God.     

TomFoolery

Quote from: Solitary on June 26, 2015, 10:05:06 AM
My point to make is that the method of birth control of abstinence doesn't work, when even the most die hard person that says to use it gets pregnant twice. I have never even thought a girl or woman that is promiscuous is to be looked down upon, but I think not using actual birth control that works is irresponsible and stupid. For her mother to push for abstinence only is also irresponsible and stupid, or anyone else that is in La La Land and thinks having a baby is a gift from God.   

I didn't mean to imply you were trying to slut-shame her (though the title of your post is "The Girl Can't Say No!")...

I won't defend the hypocrisy. I can't. She got a quarter of a million dollars to sell a "true love can wait" campaign. It's fortunate she has that kind of income to support herself and her children, since many single mothers do not. I truly do hope she doesn't forget where it came from and try to do better by America's teens for the sake of her own children.

How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Termin

Quote“At the end of the day there’s nothing I can’t do with God by my side, ”

Obviously the use of contraception would be the exception.
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Solitary

Quote from: TomFoolery on June 26, 2015, 10:13:30 AM
I didn't mean to imply you were trying to slut-shame her (though the title of your post is "The Girl Can't Say No!")...

I won't defend the hypocrisy. I can't. She got a quarter of a million dollars to sell a "true love can wait" campaign. It's fortunate she has that kind of income to support herself and her children, since many single mothers do not. I truly do hope she doesn't forget where it came from and try to do better by America's teens for the sake of her own children.

Quote from: TomFoolery on June 26, 2015, 10:13:30 AM

So how should I have said it? She obviously can't say no if she got pregnant when her speech on birth control is just say no. That's a non Seqiutur in logic, and I don't understand how what I said makes her a slut or promiscuous just because she got pregnant twice. But if she did it with a hundred guys does that make her a slut in your opinion? 

TomFoolery

Quote from: Solitary on June 26, 2015, 01:59:16 PM
So how should I have said it? She obviously can't say no if she got pregnant when her speech on birth control is just say no.
You could have simply said "Bristol Palin is pregnant again."

Quote from: Solitary on June 26, 2015, 01:59:16 PMThat's a non Seqiutur in logic, and I don't understand how what I said makes her a slut or promiscuous just because she got pregnant twice. But if she did it with a hundred guys does that make her a slut in your opinion?
By saying she "can't say no," you imply that anyone who propositions her for sex will get it, due to her inability to say "no." You don't know the circumstances behind how she got pregnant again. It's even erroneous to assume she doesn't use birth control, since birth control fails. I simply don't use the word "slut" to define anyone. I don't care how many people she slept with, or how many times, or in what sordid, kinky ways. Promiscuity is a relatively personal definition.

the_antithesis

Bristol Palin: " I do not want any lectures and I do not want any sympathy."

You're an abstinence advocate who's now having her second child out of wedlock.

We don't want any lectures from your, you dozy cow.

MoreWinters

A mistake huh?

If you take the right steps, a surprise pregnancy wouldn't happen. Obviously, Bristol did not protect herself AND cheated. Cheating is very shameful and her attitude isn't making things better. Even God won't help her for what she did because it is against one of the Ten Commandments according to my Christian knowledge. (Used to be christian)

TomFoolery

Quote from: MoreWinters on June 28, 2015, 07:13:28 PM
If you take the right steps, a surprise pregnancy wouldn't happen. Obviously, Bristol did not protect herself AND cheated.
Obviously you're unaware that no form of birth control is 100% effective. I don't know if she was on birth control or not, and personally I don't care, but to say that she obviously wasn't using it and a surprise pregnancy doesn't happen to people who take the right steps is false. Take it from someone who ended up having an abortion after birth control pills failed.

Quote from: MoreWinters on June 28, 2015, 07:13:28 PMCheating is very shameful and her attitude isn't making things better.
Where does it say that she cheated? She isn't married. The father of her child hasn't been identified.

Quote from: MoreWinters on June 28, 2015, 07:13:28 PMEven God won't help her for what she did because it is against one of the Ten Commandments according to my Christian knowledge. (Used to be christian)
That's the kind of attitude an evangelical Christian has, and even though you're using it in the sense of being non-religious, it's still pretentious. Whether you're Christian, agnostic or atheist, why bother pretending to know the will of God? Moreover, yes, adultery is against the ten commandments, but premarital sex falls under something else. I don't see the point in judging her over a religion I don't believe in.

the_antithesis

Quote from: TomFoolery on June 28, 2015, 07:23:46 PM
Where does it say that she cheated? She isn't married. The father of her child hasn't been identified.
That's the kind of attitude an evangelical Christian has, and even though you're using it in the sense of being non-religious, it's still pretentious. Whether you're Christian, agnostic or atheist, why bother pretending to know the will of God? Moreover, yes, adultery is against the ten commandments, but premarital sex falls under something else. I don't see the point in judging her over a religion I don't believe in.

This battle you are fighting is over a piece of land that is an environmental brown zone.

Is it a slow news day that there is nothing better to talk about than what's-her-name?

TomFoolery

Quote from: the_antithesis on June 28, 2015, 07:27:25 PM
This battle you are fighting is over a piece of land that is an environmental brown zone.

Is it a slow news day that there is nothing better to talk about than what's-her-name?

I guess it's a feminist issue for me. I care about women, even women I detest.

Mermaid

Quote from: MoreWinters on June 28, 2015, 07:13:28 PM
A mistake huh?

If you take the right steps, a surprise pregnancy wouldn't happen. Obviously, Bristol did not protect herself AND cheated. Cheating is very shameful and her attitude isn't making things better. Even God won't help her for what she did because it is against one of the Ten Commandments according to my Christian knowledge. (Used to be christian)
To be fair, no contraception is 100% effective.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

MoreWinters

Quote from: TomFoolery on June 28, 2015, 07:23:46 PM
Obviously you're unaware that no form of birth control is 100% effective. I don't know if she was on birth control or not, and personally I don't care, but to say that she obviously wasn't using it and a surprise pregnancy doesn't happen to people who take the right steps is false. Take it from someone who ended up having an abortion after birth control pills failed.

“At the end of the day there’s nothing I can’t do with God by my side, and I know I am fully capable of handling anything that is put in front of me with dignity and grace,” she continued, admitting, “I know this has been, and will be, a huge disappointment to my family, to my close friends, and to many of you.”

In this comment of hers, she states something with god, meaning she belongs to some catholic/christian branch. I was merely pointing out that it she expects her own god to be with her even though she made a mistake that is very frowned upon in that religion, which is stupid to say the least.
Yet, I am still willing to listen to what you have to say and reason.

Also I am aware that not every form for birth control is 100% preventive but who knows if she even used some type of form of these birth controls. (Unless I skimmed too fast on the article to notice.)

Aletheia

Sexual promiscuity doesn't seem to be the heart of the matter. This is an era in which casual sex can be encouraged so long as the person is "responsible," in that they reduce STD transmission and unintended pregnancies.

Rather, I suspect Bristol Palin is coming under fire because she hasn't been responsible during sex and has spread this ignorance to others. To make matters worse, she has/will bring two lives into this world when there were proven alternatives to have prevented this. Countless other "accidents" will happen because she has convinced others to forgo scientifically proven methods of contraception in favour of abstinence.

Nobody really gives a shit how much sex a person decides to have. We do become concerned when a person produces a lot of children and/or spreads STD's due to irresponsible actions.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.