News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello. I am a former catholic.

Started by AtheistLemon, June 01, 2015, 11:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtheistLemon

So, hi. Not sure how to start this thing out, but here I go. I was a catholic for about... well, most of my life. Or at least I claimed I was catholic. I was really some a zealot of sorts, refusing to believe we evolved from "monkeys". As I got older, I turned to evolution and started seeing more and more logically, settling on the idea that God used evolution as a tool of sorts. Eventually I realized that if Jesus is God, and God is incapable of sinning or temptation, then how did Jesus get tempted? After that, I became an atheist and began abandoning all the christian ideals.

So, hello.

drunkenshoe

Welcome to the loony bin. We have cookies.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Well, hello.  I used to be Lutheran, so of course I thought Catholics were weird.  Now I think Lutherans are weird too.  Welcome to the forum.

Green Bottle

Welcome Lemon, and dont you be bitter now''     :dance: :pidu: :shifty: :kidra:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

AtheistLemon

Quote from: Green Bottle on June 01, 2015, 12:09:04 PM
Welcome Lemon, and dont you be bitter now''     :dance: :pidu: :shifty: :kidra:
Can I at least be a sourpuss?

SGOS

Bad puns are against the forum rules.

Munch

Welcome to our crazy boat of beer, chips and bacon.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: AtheistLemon on June 01, 2015, 11:56:24 AM
So, hi. Not sure how to start this thing out, but here I go. I was a catholic for about... well, most of my life. Or at least I claimed I was catholic. I was really some a zealot of sorts, refusing to believe we evolved from "monkeys". As I got older, I turned to evolution and started seeing more and more logically, settling on the idea that God used evolution as a tool of sorts. Eventually I realized that if Jesus is God, and God is incapable of sinning or temptation, then how did Jesus get tempted? After that, I became an atheist and began abandoning all the christian ideals.

So, hello.
Quite a trip!  And I imagine at times, difficult.  My wife is a recovering Catholic.  She was raised in it, reached your conclusions, and has been recovering ever sense. :)  Welcome.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Termin

Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Sal1981

Hi & welcome. Logic has its way to fly straight against Christianity.

SoldierofFortune

we don't believe that evolution is reality.
we just know it.

Baruch

I am in the priesthood of all believers, no matter what you believe in.  My ex was a former nun.

Bless you, my son.  Unless of course you are a daughter ... in which case blessings are superfluous.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Naru

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay

Solomon Zorn

Welcome! I used to do shots of Yukon Jack Whiskey with a lemon chaser. Takes away all the objectionable flavor of the whiskey.

Here's a poem you might enjoy:
http://www.solomonzorn.com/insufficient.html
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Deidre32

I'm a recovering Catholic too. lol Welcome :)
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi