Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why I like gays and mormons.

Started by Givemeareason, April 28, 2015, 03:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Givemeareason on April 29, 2015, 08:53:41 AM
Being an asshole
is an ignorant position from my point of view.  I mean why would anyone want to be an asshole?  I think being an asshole is a very egotistical position.  It indicates a position of being unaware or uncaring of other people.  It is completely self centered and indicates a person who feels they can act with complete impunity.
Ummm ok....

:popcorn:

Sent from your mom.

Givemeareason

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 29, 2015, 09:17:59 AM
Ummm ok....

:popcorn:

Sent from your mom.

Haha.  My mother is dead and I am not psychic.  Evidently you have never met a real asshole.  I am only an infant.  You need to be more open minded.
I am a Hard Athiest.  I am thought provoking inwardly and outwardly.  I am a nonconforming freethinker.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Givemeareason on April 29, 2015, 10:07:26 AM
Haha.  My mother is dead and I am not psychic.  Evidently you have never met a real asshole.  I am only an infant.  You need to be more open minded.

Sent from your mom.

Givemeareason

I am a Hard Athiest.  I am thought provoking inwardly and outwardly.  I am a nonconforming freethinker.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Givemeareason on April 29, 2015, 10:35:16 AM
Are you just a recording or a real person? :-)
Are you a troll or a real member?

You are starting to annoy me. For someone that wants to tell us what is and what isn't ignorance, you sure do a lot of assuming.

Sent from your mom.

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 29, 2015, 10:53:08 AM

You are starting to annoy me. For someone that wants to tell us what is and what isn't ignorance, you sure do a lot of assuming.

Sent from your mom.
Pickles, I think he is trying to be a real member.  I do think he is an atheist.  But I also think he has a very hard time accurately stating what he thinks and what he wants to know.  His writing skills are not that strong.  And his ability to ask questions suck big time.  He likes to stay vague on just about everything, so just when you think you are making headway in understanding what he is saying or asking, he squirms away in another direction.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 29, 2015, 11:02:07 AM
Pickles, I think he is trying to be a real member.  I do think he is an atheist.  But I also think he has a very hard time accurately stating what he thinks and what he wants to know.  His writing skills are not that strong.  And his ability to ask questions suck big time.  He likes to stay vague on just about everything, so just when you think you are making headway in understanding what he is saying or asking, he squirms away in another direction.
Yeah Yeah Yeah...  I know.

I'm just a bit tired and cranky. And I'm already a bit of an asshole, even when I'm awake anyway.

Sent from your mom.

stromboli

I don't.

http://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/news/a34473/internet-troll-study-stanford-cornell/
QuoteThey found specific patterns of behavior from online trolls. They are more likely to focus on a few threads and post irrelevant content, and they have much lower writing quality than fellow commenters (which isn't much of a surprise). They're also likely to succeed in getting a reaction out of fellow readers, which is their goal in the first place. Once the backlash gets strong, their trolling just gets worse until they're banned.

Add to that they don't post meaningful content in other people's previous OP's, continually insist they are "one of us" keep starting new threads without contributing to other threads, and mine old topics from archives. Get it yet?

Givemeareason

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 29, 2015, 10:53:08 AM

Sent from your mom.

Why am I annoying you?  If you think I am assuming something incorrectly,  I would appreciate you telling me that.  I sort of said this before but rather than sitting around in smug complacency it is better to jump in and make a fool of yourself.  And so I do.  Don't you agree?

Givemeareason

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 29, 2015, 11:02:07 AM

Thanks for that observation, Mike.  I know that I am rather cerebral and sometimes I don't do as good a job conveying my thoughts as I would like to.  You seem to think in logically consistent patterns so I would appreciate you helping me out any time you can.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Givemeareason on April 29, 2015, 11:31:56 AM
Thanks for that observation, Mike.  I know that I am rather cerebral and sometimes I don't do as good a job conveying my thoughts as I would like to.  You seem to think in logically consistent patterns so I would appreciate you helping me out any time you can.
Any time.  But I do not see you as being 'cerebral' at all; quite the opposite.  Scattered is more like it; unable to focus.  Is English a second language for you?  Are you on mood altering drugs?  What is you highest level of schooling?  What was you best class?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Givemeareason

Quote from: stromboli on April 29, 2015, 11:18:37 AM
I don't.

http://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/news/a34473/internet-troll-study-stanford-cornell/
Add to that they don't post meaningful content in other people's previous OP's, continually insist they are "one of us" keep starting new threads without contributing to other threads, and mine old topics from archives. Get it yet?

I do seem to fit the pattern you just described.  Can you offer a deeper analysis?  That does not look like a very rewarding profile to me.  I just don't have as much time as I would like so I have very selfishly perhaps starting threads of my own interest.  I do read all the replies.  And if my topics were of no interest, why would I get replies?

Givemeareason

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 29, 2015, 11:39:56 AM
Any time.  But I do not see you as being 'cerebral' at all; quite the opposite.  Scattered is more like it; unable to focus.  Is English a second language for you?  Are you on mood altering drugs?  What is you highest level of schooling?  What was you best class?

To myself, I think in logical terms.  As I told you, I see you thinking more like a computer because you think in more literal terms.  My mind works on multi-tasking levels I think.  I have a bachelor's degree in engineering which is no big deal these days.  I am obsolete but I still love science.  I only speak English but I have friend who is able to think and even dream in french.  That fascinates me.  Not on mind altering drugs.  And within math and science, I was a straight A student.  So of course it is possible I may be starting to undergo dementia but I am not aware of it.  I have a very active mind and I am constantly evaluating.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Givemeareason on April 29, 2015, 12:03:04 PM
To myself, I think in logical terms.  As I told you, I see you thinking more like a computer because you think in more literal terms.  My mind works on multi-tasking levels I think.  I have a bachelor's degree in engineering which is no big deal these days.  I am obsolete but I still love science.  I only speak English but I have friend who is able to think and even dream in french.  That fascinates me.  Not on mind altering drugs.  And within math and science, I was a straight A student.  So of course it is possible I may be starting to undergo dementia but I am not aware of it.  I have a very active mind and I am constantly evaluating.
That sounds very promising.  Sounds like a well grounded education.  But articulate you are not.  Your writing does not reflect the thinking of an engineer; more like a non-focused philosophy major.  I may see 'literal' but only because I'm interested in communication.  If we start talking about subject A, you may define it as B and I as C.  Without pinning down an agreed upon definition, how would we know?  I'm sure you have a question and subject in mind when you start these threads, but you do not articulate it well at all.  You define nothing.  So, even if you get a response how do you know what that response actually meant???  You con't communicate, you talk past something.  That irritates people on a good day and pisses them off on a bad day. 

If you want to know how people can to their atheist position, why not start a thread by posing a question that is clear:  How did you come to your atheist position?  And then it would be good to tell us how you came to yours, just to show you really are interested in an answer.

Givemeareason

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 29, 2015, 12:35:19 PM
That sounds very promising.  Sounds like a well grounded education.  But articulate you are not.  Your writing does not reflect the thinking of an engineer; more like a non-focused philosophy major.  I may see 'literal' but only because I'm interested in communication.  If we start talking about subject A, you may define it as B and I as C.  Without pinning down an agreed upon definition, how would we know?  I'm sure you have a question and subject in mind when you start these threads, but you do not articulate it well at all.  You define nothing.  So, even if you get a response how do you know what that response actually meant???  You con't communicate, you talk past something.  That irritates people on a good day and pisses them off on a bad day. 

If you want to know how people can to their atheist position, why not start a thread by posing a question that is clear:  How did you come to your atheist position?  And then it would be good to tell us how you came to yours, just to show you really are interested in an answer.

Since I am no longer an engineer, I no longer think like an engineer.  I am indeed thinking like a non-focused philosopher.  At this time I am also trying to avoid becoming focused because I do not want to start making value judgements.  Then I might become a real asshole.  Do you think I would become more accepted then?  :-)