News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why I like gays and mormons.

Started by Givemeareason, April 28, 2015, 03:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

We're people. Making an assumption that because we are all just one type of person based on an arbitrary thing like gender or skin color is kind of insulting. Its like someone assuming all black people are violent and get nervous when black people approach them, or how all mexicans are lazy.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Givemeareason

Quote from: Solitary on April 28, 2015, 04:48:17 PM
I feel the same way, but the Mormons I knew were ex Mormons and atheist. I have met women's libbers who hated men, but my best lover was an androgynous plural sex advocate, which I think I am also, but never experienced it. To each their own.  :biggrin2: Solitary

I in years past fantasized about being gay.  And though I am not really gay that I know of most of those fantasies also included women.  So maybe I am bisexual.  I don't know.
I am a Hard Athiest.  I am thought provoking inwardly and outwardly.  I am a nonconforming freethinker.

Givemeareason

Quote from: Munch on April 28, 2015, 07:18:24 PM
We're people. Making an assumption that because we are all just one type of person based on an arbitrary thing like gender or skin color is kind of insulting. Its like someone assuming all black people are violent and get nervous when black people approach them, or how all mexicans are lazy.

So I wasn't supposed to have noticed what I had observed.  So now I am a homophobe and a theist troll.  Got it.
I am a Hard Athiest.  I am thought provoking inwardly and outwardly.  I am a nonconforming freethinker.

Munch

yyeeeee... can't really call it a gay fantasy if two gender types are in that..

QuoteSo I wasn't supposed to have noticed what I had observed.  So now I am a homophobe and a theist troll.  Got it.

Where you get that assumption from? I corrected you on the issue of assuming people could only be typecast into one character type which you based on a few examples. I've known very flamboyant gay people to, but the majority of people I've known over the years from it are just like anyone else, there is no stereotype, you just projected a blanket assertion that doesn't make sense.

Though if you were a theist troll that be good because trolling theists is fun and pretty easy to do. 

Givemeareason

Quote from: Munch on April 28, 2015, 07:31:52 PM
yyeeeee... can't really call it a gay fantasy if two gender types are in that..

Where you get that assumption from? I corrected you on the issue of assuming people could only be typecast into one character type which you based on a few examples. I've known very flamboyant gay people to, but the majority of people I've known over the years from it are just like anyone else, there is no stereotype, you just projected a blanket assertion that doesn't make sense.

Though if you were a theist troll that be good because trolling theists is fun and pretty easy to do.

I don't think you corrected me but rather you misinterpreted me.  You are reading way to much into this.  Are you familiar with the term heteronegativism?

Munch

Are you aware that only comes under an urban dictionary listing so doesn't even have a grounded representation.

heteronormative, the meaning of one being indoctrinated to the idea that heterosexuality is the only 'normal' sexuality however is in several dictionary listings.

And, even if heteronegativism was an acceptable meaning, I happen to love straight people and got many straight friends, so again you seem to be assuming something without more variety of information there.

Givemeareason

Quote from: Munch on April 28, 2015, 08:15:15 PM
Are you aware that only comes under an urban dictionary listing so doesn't even have a grounded representation.

heteronormative, the meaning of one being indoctrinated to the idea that heterosexuality is the only 'normal' sexuality however is in several dictionary listings.

And, even if heteronegativism was an acceptable meaning, I happen to love straight people and got many straight friends, so again you seem to be assuming something without more variety of information there.

So what if I said that of all the women I ever met, I never met one I didn't like.  They are so nice and thoughtful.  Would that be insulting?

Givemeareason

Quote from: Munch on April 28, 2015, 08:15:15 PM

This term heteronegativism regardless of whether it is acceptable the meaning clearly exists.  And why wouldn't it because it is the same old issue that arises any time a minority tries to blend in with society.  They struggle to get accepted so it is no surprise that individuals within the minority might become defensive.  Anthropologists now tell us there is no longer such a thing as race.  We are all just humans with diverse ethnic groups.  Maybe someday we won't be heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or whatever.  We will all be just sexual..

Hydra009

Quote from: Givemeareason on April 28, 2015, 09:16:14 PMMaybe someday we won't be heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or whatever.  We will all be just sexual..

trdsf

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 28, 2015, 04:48:34 PM
Could I possibly get you to be a jerk to my girlfriend? She seems to be convinced that all gay men are like Jack from Will and Grace or something. You know the stereotypical effeminate homosexual man; kind, energetic, quircky, up to date in fashion and a girls' best friend.
She needs to meet me.  All my trousers are black or gray because I can't fuck up matching a shirt with black or gray.  And for safety's sake, most of my shirts are solid colors.

I'll cop to kind and quirky, though probably more quirky than kind.

...okay, I do knit and crochet and cook.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Termin

If I like someone I like them, don't need a reason any particular reason . .

they don't have to be beautiful,or have  experience, don't have to be rich,don't have to be cool. no particular sign ....

Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Munch on April 28, 2015, 04:24:38 PM
I also resent the stereotype that all gays are nice people like we're a fucking ice-cream flavor.
This too. Saying that gays are nice is just as ignorant as saying they are evil... even if it's (supposed) to be a compliment. I have met a few really shit people that were gay. It had nothing to do with their sexuality, it's just that they were just plain assholes.

If you want to give someone that is gay respect, IMO, (if the issue comes up in conversation) address it as "you realize people that are gay are no different than any other person".... that is if you actually believe the truth. Some are really nice, and some are absolute shit... and the rest are somewhere in-between.

Givemeareason

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 29, 2015, 02:10:06 AM
This too. Saying that gays are nice is just as ignorant as saying they are evil... even if it's (supposed) to be a compliment. I have met a few really shit people that were gay. It had nothing to do with their sexuality, it's just that they were just plain assholes.

If you want to give someone that is gay respect, IMO, (if the issue comes up in conversation) address it as "you realize people that are gay are no different than any other person".... that is if you actually believe the truth. Some are really nice, and some are absolute shit... and the rest are somewhere in-between.

What I posted was a personal observation from reflecting on my own experience.  The fact that it was taken as an insult is another interesting observation.  I have no interest in insulting anyone.

Givemeareason

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 29, 2015, 02:10:06 AM

Being an asshole
is an ignorant position from my point of view.  I mean why would anyone want to be an asshole?  I think being an asshole is a very egotistical position.  It indicates a position of being unaware or uncaring of other people.  It is completely self centered and indicates a person who feels they can act with complete impunity.