News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Greetings, fellow human beings

Started by Givemeareason, April 19, 2015, 07:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moralnihilist

Im an asshole. Im ok with this. Also I happen to be an atheist. But mostly Im an asshole.

=edit=

Oh and welcome
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

stromboli

Quote from: Moralnihilist on April 20, 2015, 12:46:28 PM
Im an asshole. Im ok with this. Also I happen to be an atheist. But mostly Im an asshole.

=edit=

Oh and welcome

I think its safe to say you've never been confused with warm and cuddly.

Deidre32

Quote from: Givemeareason on April 19, 2015, 07:22:21 PM
I am an old atheist by comparative standards.  But I have never particularly identified myself as athiest because it has always had such a negative connotation.  Some even see it as being synonymous with evil.  But I first became atheist when I realized that this universe is not governed by some primitive monarchial system as so many religions claim.  I am looking forward to joining in.
I hear you. When we stop caring about what others think however, that's when we truly have set ourselves free. Welcome!
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Givemeareason

Quote from: Deidre32 on April 20, 2015, 03:22:27 PM
I hear you. When we stop caring about what others think however, that's when we truly have set ourselves free. Welcome!

You are so correct!!  I think the burden of having to impress each other also grows lighter with age.  But not that I would know that.
I am a Hard Athiest.  I am thought provoking inwardly and outwardly.  I am a nonconforming freethinker.

PickelledEggs

So Givemeareason, where are you from, anyway? What are your interests?

Solitary

Silence is golden my mother said. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AtheistHardliner

Im sadened hearing that people where you live has a bad wiew of what an atheist is. Im lucky in my contry being an atheist  dosent hawe any negative connotation exept in small extreme religus groups. Best thing to do is to show them that they are wrong by being an awesome and decant/nice person :) .

Mike Cl

Quote from: AtheistHardliner on May 02, 2015, 10:53:15 AM
Im sadened hearing that people where you live has a bad wiew of what an atheist is. Im lucky in my contry being an atheist  dosent hawe any negative connotation exept in small extreme religus groups. Best thing to do is to show them that they are wrong by being an awesome and decant/nice person :) .
So, AH, where is this golden country you are from???? And tell us about yourself.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

AtheistHardliner

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 02, 2015, 10:57:44 AM
So, AH, where is this golden country you are from???? And tell us about yourself.

Im from Norway , Seems to me that cold countries hawe more non religious people than warmer places.

Mike Cl

Quote from: AtheistHardliner on May 09, 2015, 05:21:45 PM
Im from Norway , Seems to me that cold countries hawe more non religious people than warmer places.
Ahhhh, yes.  Norway would fit into the golden country category.  :)))  Sweden is better, but Norway is very good! Well, I had to say that about Sweden since both of my mother's parents were from Sweden. :)  Spent a few days in Norway, back in the day.  Still have my Norwegian troll I bought in Oslo--and a piece of what I think is petrified wood from a stop along the road to admire a fjord.  Hope you stick around and visit more often.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Givemeareason

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 30, 2015, 09:56:07 PM
So Givemeareason, where are you from, anyway? What are your interests?

I am sorry for not responding.  I thought the introduction was over so I haven't been here in awhile.  Is there something I can answer now?
I am a Hard Athiest.  I am thought provoking inwardly and outwardly.  I am a nonconforming freethinker.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Givemeareason on May 13, 2015, 10:31:34 PM
I am sorry for not responding.  I thought the introduction was over so I haven't been here in awhile.  Is there something I can answer now?
Sure.
How do you feel about how you are able to get people to respond to some of your moronic and trivial threads and posts in the same way moths fly to a light-bulb?

Givemeareason

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 13, 2015, 10:48:26 PM
Sure.
How do you feel about how you are able to get people to respond to some of your moronic and trivial threads and posts in the same way moths fly to a light-bulb?

Not all moths fly to the same light bulb.  My light may not be the brightest one around but at least I am not switching it off.  The problem is that my bulb has been flickering  because i need a better power source and in so doing the moths have flown away.  I am trying to attract them back now.  Does that help?

Desdinova

Quote from: Givemeareason on May 14, 2015, 10:18:01 AM
Not all moths fly to the same light bulb.  My light may not be the brightest one around but at least I am not switching it off.  The problem is that my bulb has been flickering  because i need a better power source and in so doing the moths have flown away.  I am trying to attract them back now.  Does that help?

Maybe that's because your light bulb isn't screwed in properly.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Givemeareason

Quote from: Desdinova on May 14, 2015, 12:20:11 PM
Maybe that's because your light bulb isn't screwed in properly.

You do realize I hope that moths should not land on lightbulbs. :-)