Are moderate Christians really Christians?

Started by Canadian Atheist, April 19, 2015, 01:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian Atheist

Hey I'm a new YouTuber and I've made a video on moderate Christians check it out here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyVhJrE4usw

I'd appreciate all feedback and criticism.

Icarus

Shameless self promotion with no interest in joining the community? Check.

Canadian Atheist

I'd say your half right, this is "shameless self promotion" but i am looking for legit feedback,

Munch

Quote from: Icarus on April 19, 2015, 01:58:38 PM
Shameless self promotion with no interest in joining the community? Check.

It's a good video.

Hey CA welcome.

Your clearly someone who would get on here, though if you make a page introducing yourself on the introduction section that'll be great :)
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Canadian Atheist

the jump cuts are due to the fact i'm new at this and the format of the video, it is something I consistently work on.

dtq123

Quote from: Canadian Atheist on April 19, 2015, 02:51:49 PM
the jump cuts are due to the fact i'm new at this and the format of the video, it is something I consistently work on.
Should have added a smiley face. I was joking about it, it's not much of a problem. I mostly do audio so I guess it doesn't matter too much.
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Munch

You got all the things for a good youtube channel. The only thing I might say, though this isn't a criticism on your presentation, would be in the future get a high grade microphone for crystal clear sound. Other then that, its all good stuff.  :D

Aroura33

Very good video!  I like your wry humor and delivery.  I agree with Munch, getting a good sharp mic would be helpful, but I didn't mind the jump cuts.  I didn't even really notice them except once I think.

Welcome to the forum!  I hope you do join us. :)
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Munch

Yeah I didn't notice the jump cuts either, many youtubers use it, mr repzion uses it, I think even the amazing atheist does, so thats no problem.

SGOS

Canadian Atheist

As for the audio, i used to be a vocalist but all my audio equipment is at my parents place on the other side of Canada, but ill have it here on the 20th of may

Termin

What is a christian ? two thoughts on that.

There are Christians that can't seem to agree on that, if you Google, almost any denominational name such as Baptist, or Methodist or Catholic followed by "are not Christians" you will seem many sites where different denominations are claiming other denominations are not Christians... it's sad really.

Secondly who gets to decide what label fits who ? Personally if someone tells me they are a christian then I take their word for it.

And I'm new here, and I see some people have complained about self promotion, maybe if you put a link to these forums that will even things up :) again I'm new don't know what the forums policy is yet , still learning.
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Munch

Quote from: Canadian Atheist on April 19, 2015, 07:41:19 PM
As for the audio, i used to be a vocalist but all my audio equipment is at my parents place on the other side of Canada, but ill have it here on the 20th of may

thats cool, already subscribed to you, hope to see how it turns out.

And hey Termin, if you follow the same thing and make a little intro to yourself, thats always a good place to start here.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Termin on April 19, 2015, 07:47:46 PM
  What is a christian ? two thoughts on that.

There are Christians that can't seem to agree on that, if you Google, almost any denominational name such as Baptist, or Methodist or Catholic followed by "are not Christians" you will seem many sites where different denominations are claiming other denominations are not Christians... it's sad really.

Secondly who gets to decide what label fits who ? Personally if someone tells me they are a christian then I take their word for it.

And I'm new here, and I see some people have complained about self promotion, maybe if you put a link to these forums that will even things up :) again I'm new don't know what the forums policy is yet , still learning.
Welcome.  Why not go to the introduction section and introduce yourself.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?