Dawkins Has The Patients Of Job

Started by Solitary, April 11, 2015, 02:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

Solitary

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 11, 2015, 02:20:38 PM
* patience
Thank you for correcting me you pedantic perverse petty playmate! He! He! Solitary

Aroura33

I've always thought (since I first saw him speak and read one of his books) that Dawkins was a very eloquent and patient speaker.  He rarely looses his cool, eve when people are completely obtuse or even rude.

It's a puzzle to me why, even among some atheists, he has a reputation as being rabid and pushy. Yes, he's firm on his stance, but he's less "pushy" than Hitchens was (and that was a great man too!), and less rude as well. 

That was such an elegant explanation of the evolution of the eye, and the other guy basically admitted that while Dawkins was talking, in his own head he was going LALALA and thinking about the book of Genesis, instead of listening and trying to comprehend the ANSWER to the QUESTION he had just asked. 

Fundamentalism and biblical literalism are like magic mirrors, the reflect your own thoughts back at yourself, and other people's ideas away from you.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Solitary

Christians come across as very lazy thinkers, if they think at all. It's so easy to answer an unknown by saying God did it without a shred of reliable evidence to support it or even trying to find out. If they are so convinced they are right, why do they stay alive and not just pray for food, water, and air, and go to heaven and be with Jesus, God, and the holy spirit? Idiots!