News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Before There Was Everything

Started by undercoverbrother, March 04, 2015, 08:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason78

Quote from: stromboli on March 04, 2015, 11:26:41 AM
An hour and four minutes, or you can buy the book of the same name. Krauss does about as good a job as anyone of putting the "nothing" concept in perspective.

TL;DR

Everything is nothing.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

undercoverbrother

Quote from: Solitary on March 04, 2015, 11:13:54 AM
It's a fallacy of Argumentative leap, or Non Sequitur. It jumps to a conclusion with no immediate bases for drawing the proposed conclusion provided internally within the argument. Solitary

I agree. Even the idea of nothing existing before everything now existing is a fallacious one. However, maybe it could be tweaked a little.

SGOS

Quote from: stromboli on March 04, 2015, 11:26:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EilZ4VY5Vs

An hour and four minutes, or you can buy the book of the same name. Krauss does about as good a job as anyone of putting the "nothing" concept in perspective.

That was a wonderful video.  While I didn't understand everything, I understood a great deal.  And there was so much stuff I didn't know before, which was verbalized in a meaningful way.  Krauss is a very gifted speaker.  Really something; Fascinating.

SGOS

From the video above:  If nothing is composed of quantum fluctuations popping in and out of existence, then for me, the question of how the universe started encounters a problem.  Supposedly time did not exist before the universe.  If the universe came from nothing, and if nothing is composed of quantum fluctuations, then how can you have a fluctuation before the universe, if that context was without time?  Doesn't a fluctuation depend on the existence of time?

winterland78

Hello. The Holy Bible perfectly explains the creation process; from start to finish, and it also explained what happened before "there was everything", and it also explained in great detail how everything will end, too. But I am very curious about the atheism religion and what it's beliefs are? Thanks everybody.

stromboli

Is it spring break yet? Is bible school in recess?

winterland78

Hello. It is not spring break yet for me. I was always a very good student in Bible School, I was always in the top grade percentages of the class and I did very good. How good did you do in Bible School? Does the atheism religion have some type of holy text education equivalent?

stromboli

Please watch the Lawrence Krauss video above. He is a particle physicist. He is very smart. He is one of a few men who have created models of the beginning of the universe that did not require a god. You, on the other hand, can't prove him wrong. We know this because others have tried.

winterland78

Hello. Who is that? I don't know who that is. I will watch the video, but I am skeptical of your premise. You say that nobody could disprove his early models of a universe without God. I beg to differ. You also seem to be implying that he is right without any proof at all. You just say 'he is right and nobody can disprove him', and that's it. That would be true if someone.... anyone, had ever disproved creation theory, Christianity as a whole, or God's existence. But nobody has.

stromboli

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/neil-degrasse-tyson-disproves-creationism-on-cosmos/

QuoteAstrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson continues to challenge long-held religious beliefs on his weekly prime time science show on Fox, Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey. At the beginning of Sunday’s episode, Tyson offered up a compellingly straight-forward reason why the Earth cannot possibly be 6,500 years old, as creationists believe it to be.

As Tyson explained to his viewers, we measure Earth’s distance from other planets and galaxies in the universe by the speed of light. On average, Neptune is four light-hours away from Earth, meaning the Neptune we see when we look through a telescope is as it appears four hours ago.

For another example, Tyson looked at the Crab Nebula, a supernova remnant that just happens to be 6,500 light-years away from Earth. This means that when we view the Crab Nebula through the telescope, we are seeing it 6,500 years in the past. Because there are objects beyond that point, we can see with our own telescope-enabled eyes that the universe is older than 6,500 years.

“If the universe were only 6,500 years old, how could we see the light from anything more distant than the Crab Nebula?” Tyson asks. “We couldn’t. There wouldn’t have been enough time for the light to get to Earth from anywhere farther away than 6,500 light-years in any direction. That’s just enough time for light to travel through a tiny portion of our Milky Way galaxy.”

“To believe in a universe as young as 6 or 7,000 years old is to extinguish the light from most of the galaxy,” he continues. “Not to mention the light from all the hundred billion other galaxies in the observable universe.”

If the earth were 6,500 years old or 10,000 years old, we could only see 6,500 to 10,000 light years from earth. Because of our telescopes like Hubble, we see light from millions, billions of years in the past. This is how we measure time on a universal scale.

http://biologos.org/questions/ages-of-the-earth-and-universe

QuoteConclusion
Many different and complementary scientific measurements have established with near certainty that the universe and the Earth are billions of years old. Layers in glaciers show a history much longer than 10,000 years, and radiometric dating places the formation of the Earth at 4.5 billion years. Light from galaxies is reaching us billions of years after it left, and the expansion rate of the universe dates its age to 13.7 billion years. These are just a sampling of the types of evidence for the great age of the Earth and the universe; see the resources below for more.

winterland78

Quote from: stromboli on March 05, 2015, 10:22:53 PM
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/neil-degrasse-tyson-disproves-creationism-on-cosmos/

If the earth were 6,500 years old or 10,000 years old, we could only see 6,500 to 10,000 light years from earth. Because of our telescopes like Hubble, we see light from millions, billions of years in the past. This is how we measure time on a universal scale.

http://biologos.org/questions/ages-of-the-earth-and-universe

Hello. Unfortunately, it seems there is an issue posting new replies at the moment. I don't even know if this will go through. I apologize. I look forward to addressing each points the followers of the atheism religion make - in due time, of course. Thanks everybody.

undercoverbrother

Quote from: winterland78 on March 05, 2015, 10:39:58 PM
Hello. Unfortunately, it seems there is an issue posting new replies at the moment. I don't even know if this will go through. I apologize. I look forward to addressing each points the followers of the atheism religion make - in due time, of course. Thanks everybody.

Start with this so the thread does not get hijacked:

Quote from: undercoverbrother on March 04, 2015, 08:28:33 AM
Just to stimulate more conversation:

If nothing existed before everything existed, then everything has always existed.

undercoverbrother

I won't even attempt to watch the video with my internet speeds. I'll hear Lawrence Kraus another way.

Thanks.

leo

Quote from: winterland78 on March 05, 2015, 09:58:43 PM
Hello. Who is that? I don't know who that is. I will watch the video, but I am skeptical of your premise. You say that nobody could disprove his early models of a universe without God. I beg to differ. You also seem to be implying that he is right without any proof at all. You just say 'he is right and nobody can disprove him', and that's it. That would be true if someone.... anyone, had ever disproved creation theory, Christianity as a whole, or God's existence. But nobody has.
Atheism religion ? LOL you are funny
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

leo

Quote from: winterland78 on March 05, 2015, 10:39:58 PM
Quote from: winterland78 on March 05, 2015, 09:58:43 PM
Atheism religion ? LOL you are funny
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .