An Atheists' Perfect Response To Christian Nutter

Started by FieryLocks, February 04, 2015, 07:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FieryLocks

Well Done!
QuoteIn the video embedded below, U.K. Christian and founder of the group Discuss Jesus Taiwo Adewuyi said that humanist weddings are “demonic” rituals, that secularism is “the Devil’s PR” and nonreligious life is a “first-class ticket to the sea of wantonness and debauchery.”

Adewuyi was appearing on The Big Questions, a British show dedicated to discussions of philosophy, religion and secular society.

He was responding to a U.K. government ruling from December which declined to include humanist weddings among the legal forms of matrimony in the country. Scotland made humanist weddings legal in 2005 and the ceremonies have proven to be immensely popular, currently outnumber Catholic weddings each year.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/angry-christian-rails-against-godless-society-this-atheists-polite-response-is-perfect/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j8jQkSydeo
"To surrender to ignorance and call it 'God' has always been premature, and it remains premature today"--Isaac Asimov

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Poison Tree

I can't express how it warmed my heart to hear people spontaneously laugh at this nut voicing his opinion.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Hydra009

Great response, though I dunno if I'd try to compare bodycounts so much as compare the motivations behind the violence.  Atheists have no divine edicts to commit violence.  Christians (and others) do.

Hydra009

Atheon

"If we are evolving, what are we evolving to?" Answer: "Whatever it is we eventually evolve into." Evolution is not directed.

Christerbots.... not the sharpest tools in the shed. But tools all the same.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Munch

Further proving the insanity levels of christians, he spoke the usual bullshit about how anyone who doesn't follow his exact beliefs are the devil, even people that don't lend themselves to any religion because that would be going against gods plan so = the devils work.. but then he can't even shut the fuck up for a minute when someone else is countering his debate, the typical rude cunt preacher who can't handle the real world.

Maybe its just mean, and this isn't me aiming the race card here, but part of me whenever I see a black christian preacher, I feel like saying to him or her 'you do know your own ancestors were made slaves by Christians, who forced their beliefs onto them right?'. Dunno, think I'd like to see the reaction he'd have.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

I notice one side respected the call for "freedom of speech" while the other kept trying to walk on other people's statements.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 05, 2015, 07:17:32 AM
I notice one side respected the call for "freedom of speech" while the other kept trying to walk on other people's statements.
I think cause he's channeling gawd, and god is big and scary so has to always win the argument.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Solitary

I wonder if he knows what the word humanists stands for? It is based on the teachings of Christ if he existed, or not, that is centered on human interests or values, unlike the buybull.. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Green Bottle

Quote from: Munch on February 05, 2015, 08:03:21 AM
I think cause he's channeling gawd, and god is big and scary so has to always win the argument.
Typical religious ignorance, attemts to prove his point by quoting a book of fairy tales, then continually interrupts someone else who disagrees with him or has a different opinion.
One word for him,    Arsehole !!
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

FieryLocks

The Christian's behavior during this segment is typical of their 'holier than thou' attitude toward others, especially non-believers.
We have many Christians in the US that don't believe the Constitution should apply to anyone who is not a Christian. They are
truly that sick and despicable. And of course he is going to interrupt others, he thinks he is all that matters. Childish beliefs will
lead to childish behavior.
"To surrender to ignorance and call it 'God' has always been premature, and it remains premature today"--Isaac Asimov

trdsf

Well, yeah.  He's convinced of the "truth" of his belefs and to him, being able to hold on to them in spite of the evidence rather than because of evidence is a virtue.

I will say that the best weddings I've been to have been non-Christian ones.  There were a couple lovely handfastings, and a friend's completely non-religious service where the happy couple processed out to the reception to the strains of the Imperial March from Star Wars.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan