News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A Matter Of Perspective

Started by stromboli, January 23, 2015, 01:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Show this to your believing friends to give them some idea of the scale of their viewpoint versus ours.

SkyChief

This is a sobering illustration of how myopic  religions really are.  Thanks for posting.

The saddest attribute of theist religions is that they are forever static. The dogmas can never be updated or modified as new scientific data of the physical universe becomes available.

Religions and their respective texts are forever doomed to be 'stuck-on-stupid'.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."    - Albert Einstein

Savior2006

Sad for them, useful for us.

I've seen poll after poll showing that each generation is America is becoming less religious than the one before it, and the static dogma of "The Church" is reason number one.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

I think of religion as the anchor we are dragging while traveling across the sea of enlightenment.

Brian37

The claims of those gods occurred in that circle, the claimed gods themselves were mere products of human imagination. But as for the rest of that graphic it does show the absurdity of humans thinking we are the center of anything or that we are important to the universe.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Munch

haha, this is brilliant.

Also remember, if jesus was real:

this would be him, based on religious timescale and location.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

Quote from: Brian37 on March 07, 2015, 04:19:46 PM
The claims of those gods occurred in that circle, the claimed gods themselves were mere products of human imagination. But as for the rest of that graphic it does show the absurdity of humans thinking we are the center of anything or that we are important to the universe.

Right. That people can project a belief from such a small area into a total belief system shows how narrow a view they have.

And like Munch pointed out, Jesus has up till recently been portrayed as this tall white guy, which is idiotic.

Solitary

Christian: "Were you their, how do you no what He looked like?" Atheist: "How do you know, were you there?" Christian: "I just no with my fathe!"  :eek: :wall: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.