News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Modal Logic At It's Best

Started by Solitary, January 21, 2015, 12:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

doorknob

sorry but I stopped watching after they started preaching. I can't stomach it any more.

Solitary

You are not alone, the Creationists are reaching farther than their grasp of science and cosmology. Even if a god or God created the universe from nothing, then how did the gods or God come about? f they, or Him are eternal, than the universe could be also. Also, there may be an infinite amount of universes hidden from view in different dimensions. Maybe God is hiding in one of these, or really is on Kolob.  :biggrin2: :lol: :rotflmao: Oh, I'm sorry for being a douche, not!  :butt: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SkyChief

Creationists typically offer two very flawed premises before their argument even begins.  And not surprisingly, they eloquently attempt to do it in this video. 

Premise 1: (Causality)   Everything in existence needs a cause.   Something cannot come from nothing. Therefore, if the Big Bang really did happen,  then god created and intelligently designed the event. (they are assuming a 'closed-system' model for this argument.  Problem is, we don't know that the universe is in fact, a closed system)

Premise 2:  (Metaphysical Mysticism)  God is eternal and timeless. (how can something that doesn't really exist be eternal and timeless, hmmm?)   If they (creationists) are asked to describe how god came into being, they shrug and reply " I don't need to explain the existence of god; he's always been there and always will be".  *facepalm*

And of course, at this time, logic, reason and common sense fly out the window and no further meaningful debate can happen.   William Lane Craig is famous for this manner of discourse.  He's a pro and has been doing this for years. 

That's why when i got to the 19:00 minute mark i had to turn off the video.  I just cant take the nonsensical rantings from the man.
"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."    - Albert Einstein

Munch

I.. really don't want to view near two hours of horrendous rambling from some nutcases, it would wear me out.

Though if its creationist views, they all sound the same, so its not to much of a stretch to regard them having no new points their any argument they make.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin