News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The 1969 Moon Landing was faked

Started by PickelledEggs, January 08, 2015, 09:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NubIUec1LmI

I saw this on another forum in the "off topic" section. The OP was suggesting that the moon landing was a fake.... I'll just put this here.... hahaha

GrinningYMIR

People are utterly convinced that we never landed on the moon, even with photographic evidence from third parties they're convinced

The religion of the conspiracy nut is just as palpable of the religion of the regular nut, it just comes with its on insanities
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 08, 2015, 09:59:13 PM
People are utterly convinced that we never landed on the moon, even with photographic evidence from third parties they're convinced

The religion of the conspiracy nut is just as palpable of the religion of the regular nut, it just comes with its on insanities
I have simply generalized my hatred from religion, conspiracy theorists, rigid politics, and and stubborn mindsets to hatred of stubborn and irrational thinking. It's dumbasses like this that remind me, no matter how ridiculous something is, SOMEONE will be gullible enough to believe it.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 08, 2015, 10:10:02 PM
I have simply generalized my hatred from religion, conspiracy theorists, rigid politics, and and stubborn mindsets to hatred of stubborn and irrational thinking. It's dumbasses like this that remind me, no matter how ridiculous something is, SOMEONE will be gullible enough to believe it.

There was a south park joke that said that 1/4th of all Americans are retarded, and that's why they believed in conspiracy theories.
Honestly, the population hasn't done much to prove this statement false, can't go by without someone yelling conspiracy or Jesus, or my favorite, the fact that Jesus has already come back and the US government had him assassinated.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

dtq123

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 08, 2015, 10:16:46 PM
There was a south park joke that said that 1/4th of all Americans are retarded, and that's why they believed in conspiracy theories.
Honestly, the population hasn't done much to prove this statement false, can't go by without someone yelling conspiracy or Jesus, or my favorite, the fact that Jesus has already come back and the US government had him assassinated.

B-but JESUS solves everything!

:fU:
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Solitary

Most of the people that it was fake have poor understanding of physics, even with genius IQs. I had a member of Menses that said it was fake because you can't see the stars, or the flag was waving and no wind. I bet they believe the magician actually made the Statute of Liberty disappear while sitting in the audience too.  :doh: :wall: :biggrin2: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Gawdzilla Sama

Well, they did get Spielberg to fake the footage, but he's such a perfectionist that he demanded shooting on location.

But for a more reasoned approach....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6MOnehCOUw
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Johan

Quote from: Solitary on January 09, 2015, 12:42:39 AM
I had a member of Menses that said it was fake because you can't see the stars, or the flag was waving and no wind.
I believe you meant Mensa. Only one letter different but yeah, TOTALLY different group. :wink:
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Gawdzilla Sama

If you take a picture of a football game played at night you won't get stars in your photo.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gerard

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 09, 2015, 06:06:52 AM
If you take a picture of a football game played at night you won't get stars in your photo.

I've watched some footage of Apollo astronauts on the moon and saw stars!

Gerard

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Gerard on January 09, 2015, 06:21:41 AM
I've watched some footage of Apollo astronauts on the moon and saw stars!

Gerard
Armstrong and Collins? ;)
PZ Myers

Gerard

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 09, 2015, 06:36:16 AM
Armstrong and Collins? ;)

No, I think it were two other guys. But there were specks in the sky! Collins? didn't he stay behind in the capsule?

Gerard

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Gerard on January 09, 2015, 07:20:08 AM
No, I think it were two other guys. But there were specks in the sky!
What pictures? Link available? The astronauts could see stars by looking away from any glare and waiting for their eyes to adjust, just like we do on Earth. But if you see anything with a high albedo you're very unlikely to see dim stars as well.
QuoteCollins? didn't he stay behind in the capsule?

Gerard
Yeah, he wanted to rest up for the long drive home. "Nothing to see out there, I'll just kick back."
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

I'll just leave this 2012 image of the Apollo 11 landing site here...

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Brian37

9/11 was not an inside job, Oswald acted alone, crop circles are fake, there is no big foot. These guys are fucking morons.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37