News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Beware the Demon Sweater!

Started by WitchSabrina, February 27, 2013, 07:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

//http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/26/pat-robertson-goodwill-sweaters-demons-praying-video_n_2766810.html?1361910082&ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

QuoteUsually when one buys clothes second-hand at shops like Goodwill, one just wonders whether it's been laundered properly. But Pat Robertson brought an entirely new worry to the fore on Monday's episode of his "700 Club" program. Responding to an email sent in by a viewer, the elderly televangelist said that, while not all clothes have demonic spirits attached to them, it never hurts to take some precautionary measures.

ROFL + WTF = Pat Robinson.............all day long!  Well, at least he's consistently crazy.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

NitzWalsh

I just can't believe that crackpot is still alive and has people listening to him.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "NitzWalsh"I just can't believe that crackpot is still alive and has people listening to him.

What's worse is that people take him VERY seriously.  Just boggles the mind - no?

leo

I don't know if this dude really believe his crap . Crazy shit .
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

StupidWiz

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"
Quote from: "NitzWalsh"I just can't believe that crackpot is still alive and has people listening to him.

What's worse is that people take him VERY seriously.  Just boggles the mind - no?
These kind of people are the same with the majority of people in my country. They still believe in superstition and their religious leaders. So sad, really.
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "leo"I don't know if this dude really believe his crap . Crazy shit .
I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't, although I think some of these crackpot conmen convince themselves of their own bullshit over time.

This, though. Bravo, Pat.  =D>  :rolleyes:
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

Nonsensei

Demons possess clothes. I wonder where that is in the Bible.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

SGOS

Years ago when Robertson ran for President, SNL did a satire where he was being interviewed about his qualifications for president.  

The interviewer asked, "It's been claimed that you have absolutely no real work experience that you can bring with you to the White House.  Just how do you respond to that charge?"

The comedian (it may have ben Al Franken) responded, "That's simply not true.  I have lots of work experience.  I've mowed people's lawns. I've walked dogs. I baby sit people's houses when they go on vacations."

Why does my brain keep this shit on file?  I have no idea.  It doesn't sound so funny now, but the comic delievery was excellent.  I guess  you had to be there.  I doubt that clip is still available.  I'll check.

BarkAtTheMoon

I keep expecting Christianity as a whole to realize their own lunacy, idiotic leadership, and fuckups and crimes (not to mention retarded politicians running on a Jesus platform) has done more to promote secularism and increase the number of atheists than any skeptics convention, freethought organization billboard, or anything else we could do ever could.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "SGOS"Years ago when Robertson ran for President, SNL did a satire where he was being interviewed about his qualifications for president.  

The interviewer asked, "It's been claimed that you have absolutely no real work experience that you can bring with you to the White House.  Just how do you respond to that charge?"

The comedian responded, "That's simply not true.  I have lots of work experience.  I've mowed people's lawns. I've walked dogs. I baby sit people's houses when they go on vacations."

Why does my brain keep this shit on file?  I have no idea.  It doesn't sound so funny now, but the comic delievery was excellent.  I guess  you had to be there.  I doubt that clip is still available.  I'll check.

Some of us keep a DumbShit file in our heads.  I have one too.  No worries, man........no worries.
LOL

SGOS

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"
Quote from: "SGOS"Years ago when Robertson ran for President, SNL did a satire where he was being interviewed about his qualifications for president.  

The comedian responded, "That's simply not true.  I have lots of work experience.  I've mowed people's lawns. I've walked dogs. I baby sit people's houses when they go on vacations."

Some of us keep a DumbShit file in our heads.  I have one too.  No worries, man........no worries.
LOL
Ha!  I found the clip:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfa7ek ... shortfilms

But sometimes Pat Robertson's real life comments are just as funny.

WitchSabrina

SGOS

It's like he's trying to do satire of himself.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "SGOS"It's like he's trying to satire of himself.

ROFL  That's what I thought too.   LMAO :rollin:

ApostateLois

Quote from: "Nonsensei"Demons possess clothes. I wonder where that is in the Bible.

Well, there's that one story of Jesus sending some demons into a herd of pigs, which then stampeded over a cliff to their deaths. If they can go into a pig, why not an inanimate object? Granted, it's not a very efficient mode of transportation. I mean, the demon would have to pick an article of clothing, then wait for someone to buy it, then somehow stay inside it through multiple washings. I should think they would go flying out of the sweater during the spin cycle.  :lol:  

Also, there are the stories of Paul blessing some article of clothing and passing it around, and people would be healed from touching it. AND let's not forget about Ouija boards! Everyone knows they always have demons in them!
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"