News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Thoughts on Bronies

Started by Munch, October 24, 2014, 02:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hijiri Byakuren

Did someone say cupcakes?

[spoiler=CUPCAKES!][/spoiler]
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

In the Rainbow Factory, where your fears and horrors come true

In the Rainbow Factory, where not a single soul gets through

Munch

This threads going in a darker direction then it should, need something to bring it back from the darkness..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z7UnO66q9w
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

aitm

This is one weird thread…..
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn0oOlwjvBQ&list=PL2s6SXCIx41g86DVsY4ZGbI9YllTQiyc2&index=64

Can I just say, how fucking awesome a villain adagio is. She and her minions caused the seeds of chaos and discord (irony) to make so much shit happen, that even Star Swirl the Bearded had to banish her and keep her from returning to equestria.

Her minions suck, but she's a badass.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Munch on November 09, 2015, 03:09:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn0oOlwjvBQ&list=PL2s6SXCIx41g86DVsY4ZGbI9YllTQiyc2&index=64

Can I just say, how fucking awesome a villain adagio is. She and her minions caused the seeds of chaos and discord (irony) to make so much shit happen, that even Star Swirl the Bearded had to banish her and keep her from returning to equestria.

Her minions suck, but she's a badass.

Sonata dusk is pretty cute though

also this

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: aitm on September 14, 2015, 05:28:44 PM
This is one weird thread…..
Nowadays it's weird not to be into ponies. You are about the only person here who doesn't jerk off to ponies and unicorns, or people dressed up as ponies and unicorns, so who's really the weird one?

Hydra009

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on November 10, 2015, 03:53:26 PMNowadays it's weird not to be into ponies. You are about the only person here who doesn't jerk off to ponies and unicorns, or people dressed up as ponies and unicorns, so who's really the weird one?
Well, as a little kid, I liked an italian plumber who transported through the sewer, ate mushrooms, dressed up like a raccoon, and stomped on turtles.  As a teen, I liked 15-year-olds piloting giant robots that could level cities and radially-symmetrical starfish-like sentient beings from Earth's ancient past.  As an adult, I like cuddly animals participating in a coup d'etat, dragons fighting ice zombies, and magical unicorns, pegasi, and earth ponies going on adventures and saving the world.  If that makes me weird, then I proudly accept that term.

If I ever stop liking weird things, please shoot me.

Munch

I'd sooner be thought of as weird by someone then be just another joe nobody who has no interests. I read canadian comics about naked gay superheroes saving the world with their dicks, games involving talking dragons, wizards, elves and orcs, or movies ranging from super heroes fighting against evil robot masterminds, horror stories such as a mother whos grief manifests a demonic entity that haunts her, or childlike wonder in japanese animation of walking castles or little witches trying to find her place in the world.

My interests vary in so much, from raunchy to scary to cute to action, magic, sci fi, so I gathered it that I can like whatever the fuck I want, and if I can appreciate a well written series about pastel colored talking ponies, that works to try and produce a cartoon series that can be funny, action packed and moralistic, and has thought into it unlike all the incarnations that came before it (yeah, I loved power puff girls and fosters home for imaginary friends, and MLP is written by the same person who made that) then I'd sooner be the weird guy who can understand what they did with this series, then just another person who scoffs and anything outside their box.

Remember how this use to be batman?

Who in their right mind would want to take a series about a man in a goofy costume using shark repellent seriously?

Oh WAIT.

anything even if the concept appears goofy and childish from the start can be made into something awesome just down to good writers.

GrinningYMIR

I like how someone likes to waltz in here every now and then and not say "meh not my thing, or this is weird" but they like to go on a tirade about how messed up we are and how were molestors and basement dwellers :,3

Taking the time to write it all out really must upset their sensibilities

Baruch

Hydra009 ... bonus points for correct plural ... "pegasi" ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GrinningYMIR

Hydra009

Have you guys seen the CMC episode, Crusaders of the Lost Mark?

Two thoughts:
1) Man, these Democratic caucuses are getting pretty rough.
2) OFMG guys.  It's happening!  It's totally happening!  The feels!  Oh the feels!  Must...not...happy cry...