News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My name is MattMVS7

Started by MattMVS7, September 27, 2014, 07:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Quote from: aitm on September 28, 2014, 01:22:44 PM
Exactly how deep? Are you a scuba diver? Marianna trench deep or just Key West deep? That important for us to know how deep you are cause we have several levels of deep thinkers here and we want to appoint the right one to you....don't worry it won't be me I am a high thinker.

It may be too late. I think we are too shallow for him.

PickelledEggs

Here is a philosophical question:

How many super saiyans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

One, but it takes 30 episodes.

AllPurposeAtheist

Here is a philosophical question: At exactly what point does snot stop being snot and morph into a booger? What is the moisture requirements?  That could be more a matter of physics, perhaps physiology..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

And what does your nose smell like?

AllPurposeAtheist

stromboli

Yup, definitely too shallow.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on September 28, 2014, 08:12:48 PM
Smells a lot like nose hair..
Wow. I bet your nose really smells. :lol:

WORST JOKE EVER^ YOU ARE WELCOME.

stromboli

That settles it. I'm not going to greet anybody first. They show up, you greet them, then they disappear. The responsibility is too great. The emotional toll is too great. I feel like its my fault..... just feeling a little hurt right now......  :sad2:

Green Bottle

Well it seems that Matt's opening statement was just too much for his brain to cope with and its exploded, or mibbe he's disappeared up his own Arse........... :axe:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Solitary

Why does MattMVS7 sound familiar to me? Didn't we have a person here before that sounded like this: MattMVS7 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:49 am

I am now having chronic depression and this is how I feel about it. What I'm about to say here is a personal belief I have and no amount of reasoning can convince me otherwise (though you are free to try anyway). I feel that who I am as a person means nothing. The only thing that matters is my pleasure. This is because without pleasure, then how you would feel about yourself would be absolutely nothing and you would be nothing more than a mere emotionless robot regardless of who you are as a person or great things you do in life.

Therefore, this is the reason why pleasure is the only thing that matters in this case. Others may value you, but the fact of the matter is that you are completely dead inside and are nothing more than a mere emotionless robot if you didn't have pleasure. I would gladly sacrifice who I am as a person in becoming someone different (even a psychopath) if it meant having all the pleasure in the world and no depression.

I feel that pleasure is the only thing that makes me superior (for myself) and is the one and only true thing that defines me as a human being because, again, without pleasure, I would be nothing more than a mere emotionless robot. But since I have depression which has taken away some of my pleasure, that makes me less of a person. I feel that people who have all the pleasure in the world (even if they are cruel and harm others), that makes these people better than me just from the simple fact that they have more pleasure. They may lack empathy, but they still have all the pleasure in the world.

I feel what makes me superior (again, for myself) is having no depression in my life. If I were to be superior to suffering and life's struggles, then that means I wouldn't even have to deal with them in the first place. Or if I do, then I would completely overcome them. Otherwise, if I don't overcome them, then I will never be superior to my problems.

Therefore, if I were to have depression in my life that I can never overcome, if I wish to be superior, then I should choose to end my life because ending my life would completely overcome the problem of depression. Otherwise, I would forever be bound to being an inferior human being by my own depression.

Therefore, since I am chronically depressed right now, if there is no way of it going away completely, me choosing to end my life would give me the last laugh because I now know that I am superior to my own depression and suffering by choosing to overcome these things through death. I wish to dictate my own life and have no problems in life dictating how I feel (this would obviously include the problem of depression). So me choosing to die would give me this power and make me superior.

I am an atheist and I realize that this is the one and only life and that there is no God or afterlife. Therefore, since this is the one and only life, that is why I wish for it to be a perfect fantasy world (just in terms of my pleasure). Therefore, if it can't be that way, then I will gladly end my life. However, if I were to have problems in my life that don't hinder my pleasure, then that would be fine. But since I have depression which does take away my pleasure, that's when I would decide to end my life providing that the depression never goes away completely. But in the meantime, I would wait for it to go away completely first. If it doesn't, that's when I would end my life.

MattMVS7

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

For a moment I thought that was your own line there Bill.. 
Well it's good to know deep philosophy encompasses depression and pleasure seeking ways..

Solitary

Don't say that name out loud!  You know how much Bills are hated? The number one philosophical question is: "To be, or not to be, that is the question."  :razz:

GrinningYMIR

I DECLARE THIS THREAD HERESY, AND RANDOM. ENJOY THE PICTURE OF LEGION DANCING

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Solitary on September 29, 2014, 11:32:54 AM
Don't say that name out loud!  You know how much Bills are hated? The number one philosophical question is: "To be, or not to be, that is the question."  :razz:
I'm still baffled by the snot to booger question..

Solitary

:lol: GrinningYMIR. You saw the connection to Mass Effect didn't you. "Don't say that name out loud!"