Screw all the world events now.. THIS IS TRAGIC!

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, September 20, 2014, 10:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Mom, daughter charged in genitalia-image-in-grass prank!

QuoteIt may have been intended as a prank, but what happened at a football field last month in Monroe County led to criminal charges.

Grass killer was used to leave the shape of a penis spanning the length of the Bedford Senior High School field on Aug. 30. Now three people from Bedford Townshipâ€" a 50-year-old woman, her 16-year-old daughter and a 17-year-old â€"face a felony charge of malicious destruction of turf or soil.
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2014/09/19/grass-killer-penis-football-field-charges/15916989/

Hey, I never claimed it was genius.. but is kind of funny..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

If these women claim they are Wiccans and the penis was a fertility symbol, the SCOTUS Hobby Lobby decision might be brought into play.

LA LIBERTAD DE RELIGIOSA, MI AMIGO!  :biggrin:

SGOS

Malicious destruction of turf or soil; Is that significantly more heinous than say... vandalism?

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on September 20, 2014, 11:45:36 AM
Malicious destruction of turf or soil; Is that significantly more heinous than say... vandalism?
Yeah, I'm a little lost on why that's a felony.  Seems a bit overkill.

Solitary

:rotflmao: What they did is hilarious to me, but a felony?  I'm curious that if they had made a cross it would be a felony also. 
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on September 20, 2014, 11:45:36 AM
How were hyenas involved?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

I wonder...Were there actually lawmakers sitting around one day thinking, "You know..we need a law called felony malicious destruction of turf....and toss in soil while we're at it.." ?

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Solitary on September 20, 2014, 12:22:07 PM
:rotflmao: What they did is hilarious to me, but a felony?  I'm curious that if they had made a cross it would be a felony also. 
They would have pinned a metal on them and said, "You're our girls!"

Shiranu

From what I hear that pitch is pretty damn expensive, much more-so than having to clean graffiti off a wall or fix a broken window.

I still wouldn't call it a felony (therefor comparing it to arson level of damage), but it is definitely up there in terms of damage done. I can see where they are coming from.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

doorknob