Got cancer? Frankincense can help!

Started by PickelledEggs, August 02, 2014, 09:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

My mom has been reading up on essential oils lately as part of her voodoo magic bullshit she is brainwashing herself with. I passed by her computer earlier today and saw her watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsJg_kmvQDE

Because OBVIOUSLY getting rid of cancer is as simple as using ancient smelly oils.....  :anal: :wall:

EDIT: I put this in the "other religions" section because it's basically in line with spirituality and other moronic/potentially harmful beliefs

Hijiri Byakuren

Didn't Penn and Teller do an episode on this crap in "Bullshit!"?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

SGOS

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 02, 2014, 09:35:58 PM
My mom has been reading up on essential oils lately as part of her voodoo magic bullshit she is brainwashing herself with.
How old is your mother?

PickelledEggs

SGOS

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 03, 2014, 10:10:13 AM
Not that it's relevant, but I just keep picturing an old lady in a wheel chair when you talk about your mom.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: SGOS on August 03, 2014, 11:00:09 AM
Not that it's relevant, but I just keep picturing an old lady in a wheel chair when you talk about your mom.

Hahaha :lol:

Sent from your mom

Solitary

Even main stream medicine can't cure cancer without surgery, and even then it has to be found early enough, and can come back.  They can prolong the out come with drugs and radiation therapy, but not cure it, period. There are times when people spontaneously get cured, even without therapy, and this is what the quacks and alternative medicine doctors rely on to sell their nonsense. I had prostate cancer and have to be tested all the time to see if it comes back if it wasn't all removed. My genetic make up shows I will probably die from pancreatic cancer which my mother died from, or a stroke which I also had. I watched my dad die from strokes, and my mother from cancer, and after watching them die and my stroke, I'll choose cancer if I had the choice.  Now for the good news, even if your genetic make up precludes you to a disease, it can be avoided by healthful living up to the point of getting very old.  :eek:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Gawdzilla Sama

Give it a few months and we'll hear no myrrh about it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

kilodelta

I have a friend part of an essential oils multilevel marketing scam. I really want to say something about that and a multitude of other things. But, I'll probably continue to steer conversations to other topics.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Mermaid

Yeah, cause cancer is a single disease and not a complex term for many mechanisms of cell mutations, disruptions in the mechanisms of cell reproduction and apoptosis. Nosiree. This is the stuff that pharma companies don't want us to know because they make money selling chemo drugs.

Right?

sigh.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

kilodelta

Yes. They can't let us know about it. There is no other possible way to make money.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Munch

I'm sorry to hear your mom believes this dude. :(
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin