News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ask a Catholic

Started by CatholicCrusader, July 19, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nam

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 23, 2014, 02:57:48 PM
Stating that the use of condoms would make the AIDS epidemic worse. That's an active discouragement if I've ever heard one, and it's also demonstrably false, as whenever condoms have been promoted in other HIV affected communities, the problem was not worsened and actually got better.

Also, are you retreating from your position that the pope is a world leader of considerable influence? You can't have it both ways.

Sure he can: he's a Catholic.

:wink:

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

wolf39us

Okay let's make something very clear CC.  We do NOT see the bible as an authority, in fact... we deny it's validity all together.  If you're going to have intelligent discourse, we must first establish it's validity.

Just pointing to verses and creating walls of texts doesn't do much for the "discourse" bit :-)

CatholicCrusader

by the way I am NOT trying to convert anyone here.

I'm simply talking about Catholicism because The Catholic Church is a mystery that I and other millions find most fascinating.  I am simply sharing with you what I know about a subject that is very interesting to me.  I used to care about believing all the Catholic dogmas like the assumption or the Immaculate Conception.   Now I really don't care that much, which means I am a bad Catholic.  What I care about is there are suffering people in agony throughout the world and the Catholic Church is doing more than I know of any other institution to feed the hungry,   give to the needy, and love to those who are unwanted, and treat others as they would want to be treated.

Nam

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 23, 2014, 03:42:08 PM
by the way I am NOT trying to convert anyone here.

I'm simply talking about Catholicism because The Catholic Church is a mystery that I and other millions find most fascinating.  I am simply sharing with you what I know about a subject that is very interesting to me.  I used to care about believing all the Catholic dogmas like the assumption or the Immaculate Conception.   Now I really don't care that much, which means I am a bad Catholic.  What I care about is there are suffering people in agony throughout the world and the Catholic Church is doing more than I know of any other institution to feed the hungry,   give to the needy, and love to those who are unwanted, and treat others as they would want to be treated.

But you are ignoring certain people. Like me. I wonder what I did? You must know me from another website, under another name. Otherwise, I do not understand why you're ignoring questions I ask you unless you know me, and don:'t like me--which is valid, or you know you can't convert me.

You ignore others, too. I wonder why?

-Nam

leo

The thing is that most of us really don't care about this catholic religion.  You are a guest in this site. You should not  talk about catholicism , unless a member ask you or want you to talk about this topic. We don't like your approach. It's that simple.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Icarus

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 23, 2014, 12:14:05 PM
Who here put more effort into easing world's suffering and loving the poorest of the poor and unwanted or put forth time and effort ito their consolation than Mother Teresa , that wartants you to be so hypercritical?  She was a sinner like us all, so Im  not saying but she wasn't on multiple occasions failing to be faithful to her duties, or that she was something more than a human being.

Had It not been for her , those lepers of society would have just died in a dumpster or on the streets.  at least they got to die with dignity, comforted by another human being with  love and compassion.

Norman Borlaug, he saved over a billion people and you have no idea who he is. Mother Teresa became famous because she cared for a few hundred people. Norman Borlaug single handed prevented a billion people from starving and no one bats an eye. Why? Science is the devil.

CatholicCrusader

Please let me know where I ignored you and what you would like to talk about it.  I do not have all of the answers.  There is much that is a mystery to me.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Icarus on July 23, 2014, 03:53:59 PM
Norman Borlaug, he saved over a billion people and you have no idea who he is. Mother Teresa became famous because she cared for a few hundred people. Norman Borlaug single handed prevented a billion people from starving and no one bats an eye. Why? Science is the devil.
I never said nor do I believe that Mother Teresa is any better than Norman Borlaug.  I'm sure neither of them were competing for a popularity contest.

Nam

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 23, 2014, 03:55:31 PM
Double post.
Mea culpa!

80 comments and 0 likes. People consider me rude, annoying, aggressive, and basically just an asshole; I've been here not even a month and a half yet and I have 50 likes.

What does that say about you, personally?

-Nam

Icarus

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 23, 2014, 03:58:33 PM
I never said nor do I believe that Mother Teresa is any better than Norman Borlaug.  I'm sure neither of them were competing for a popularity contest.

I missread "Who here put more effort into easing world's suffering and loving the poorest of the poor and unwanted or put forth time and effort ito their consolation than Mother Teresa , that wartants you to be so hypercritical?" as "Who put more effort into easing world's suffering and loving the poorest of the poor and unwanted or put forth time and effort ito their consolation than Mother Teresa , that wartants you to be so hypercritical?"

CatholicCrusader

I meant hypercritical specifically about Mother Teresa.  she wasn't perfect, but she did her best.

SGOS

We get it.  You are deeply and sincerely in love with the Catholic Church.  Some of it you disagree with.  Some of it you don't understand, but to you that's a trivial matter considering the wonderful emotions you feel toward the Church.  But keep in mind that while you are in the throes of ecstasy and beside yourself with joy, we don't give a shit about Catholicism.  It's all made up ritualistic nonsense, supported by a colorful mythology of impossible events that should not be believed in by anyone but preschool children.  You're can't consider facts, because you are blinded by your emotions.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 23, 2014, 04:26:00 PM
I meant hypercritical specifically about Mother Teresa.  she wasn't perfect, but she did her best.
If that was her best, it's a very low bar. I would have the wherewithal to understand when people donate to me to help ease the suffering of the poor, that money is to be put towards easing the suffering of the poor, not preach to them that their suffering is somehow "holy" â€" regardless of her personal beliefs, that was not why the money was given to her.

Plus, she is on the fast track to sainthood for this low bar called "her best." If she deserves to be sainted, so do I and more so. Where's my sainthood? I write, but I get no reply.

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 23, 2014, 03:55:10 PM
I do not have all of the answers.  There is much that is a mystery to me.
This is an understatement.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

stromboli

http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/a-new-expose-on-mother-teresa-shows-that-she-and-the-vatican-were-even-worse-than-we-though

Quote“At the time of her death, Mother Teresa had opened 517 missions welcoming the poor and sick in more than 100 countries. The missions have been described as “homes for the dying” by doctors visiting several of these establishments in Calcutta. Two-thirds of the people coming to these missions hoped to a find a doctor to treat them, while the other third lay dying without receiving appropriate care. The doctors observed a significant lack of hygiene, even unfit conditions, as well as a shortage of actual care, inadequate food, and no painkillers. The problem is not a lack of moneyâ€"the Foundation created by Mother Teresa has raised hundreds of millions of dollarsâ€"but rather a particular conception of suffering and death: “There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” was her reply to criticism, cites the journalist Christopher Hitchens. Nevertheless, when Mother Teresa required palliative care, she received it in a modern American hospital.”

Wow, hypocrite much?

Quote“Mother Teresa was generous with her prayers but rather miserly with her foundation’s millions when it came to humanity’s suffering. During numerous floods in India or following the explosion of a pesticide plant in Bhopal, she offered numerous prayers and medallions of the Virgin Mary but no direct or monetary aid. On the other hand, she had no qualms about accepting the Legion of Honour and a grant from the Duvalier dictatorship in Haiti. Millions of dollars were transferred to the MCO’s various bank accounts, but most of the accounts were kept secret, Larivée says. ‘Given the parsimonious management of Mother Theresa’s works, one may ask where the millions of dollars for the poorest of the poor have gone?’”
Since you didn't apparently read the article, try again. Do you think the Vatican with all its billions of wealth and resources was unaware of this? Why else fast track her into sainthood, so they could shove it under the rug?

Nam

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 23, 2014, 04:26:00 PM

How did she "do her best"?

-Nam